Baby Showers 09.29.09

Woodland Forest Party Theme – Part 2 {Creatures & Crafty Details}

woodland forest party theme In continuing with the Woodland Forest party theme ideas, here are a few cute critters, scrapbook papers, and embellishments that would make for great “guest stars” and party decor!

Pictured at top: adorable tweet & felt plushies by Etsy shop SleepyKing… Butterscotch Tweed Fox ($18), Belchick – The Mischevious Squirrel ($22), and Douglas Fir – “the little bear with freckles” ($24).

woodland forest party theme

Pictured above: This whimsical Woodland Trail Mobile features a tree stump, bear, bird, squirrel, and bunny… and the colors can be customized to match your theme! (…could also double as a special gift for mom-to-be – $82 at GiftsDefine.com) And pint-sized Pet Pals would make for charming additions to woodsy-themed table centerpieces! ($18 each)

Pictured below: I’m planning to use this playful Friendly Forest collection by Colorbok to create DIY placemats, napkin rings, and drink charms, and also to embellish vases and party favors…

friendly forest by colorbok

I also ordered some blank Wood Coasters and a Chipboard Family Tree (right hand corner, below) to decorate with the Friendly Forest paper and use somewhere in the party. Not 100% sure where the tree will end up yet, but it reminded me of this cool tree wall graphic that I love (below, left)… and I couldn’t resist =)

woodland forest party theme (Above, left: Bunny and Squirrel Bean Bags by Cocoon Couture)

13 responses to “Woodland Forest Party Theme – Part 2 {Creatures & Crafty Details}”

1. Molly says:

Cutest ever. Thinking about doing a variation of this for my 8 year old.

2. Barbara says:

OMGoodness – these are too cute!! I love this idea

3. JanetG says:

Love this theme. I have so many friends who are into the woodland creatures. Thanks for the post

4. I have loved your web blog for so long, but this is my 1st comment post. Your information is informative and inspirations.

Thanks!! Yoli Kalkofen

5. Amy says:

Yes! I’m so excited for this. I love the build up and can’t wait to see the final party post!

6. Julianne says:

Wow that is the most adorable mobile ever! Love the theme for the kids, its more mature than most!

7. Down Pillow says:

Love, love, love this theme! You’ve found so many great items – loving the bean bags, the plushies, & the family tree :)

8. Jacinda says:

I used the Friendly Forest paper to do a DIY Cake Stand Tutorial. How perfect!

9. jenn s. says:

Jacinda –
    Thanks for sharing the tutorial! Your cupcake stand turned out so cute :)

10. sleepyking says:

Thank you so very much for featuring me! What a fun party theme!!

11. OUT OF IDEAS MOM says:

HI AM TAKING 8YR OLDS TO SEE THE NEW WOODLAND MOVIE FURRY REVENGE- ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO TAKE YOUR AMAZING THOUGHTS AND ADJUST THEM TO 8 YR OLD BOYS & GIRLS?
    (WELL BE AT THE MOVIE THEATER FOR THE PARTY)
    THANKS
    OUT OF IDEAS MOM

12. […] Favors When I posted on the inspiration board for this party theme last week (Part 1 and Part 2), Marian from the RIDICULOUSLY ADORABLE blog, Sweetopia, emailed me a link to a Royal Icing […]