Baby Showers 09.28.09

Woodland Forest Party Theme – Part 1 {Woodsy Elements & Toadstools}

woodland forest baby shower

I’m in the midst of planning a Woodland Forest themed baby shower for a friend next month, and I gotta tell you this theme ha been so much fun to brainstorm! There are tons of different elements that fit with a forest theme – from nature-inspired elements such as wood, bark, moss, acorns, rocks and toadstools (all covered in this post) to cute “woodland creatures” like squirrels, owls, bunnies, hedgehogs, and more (see post #2, coming soon).

Here are some woodsy & toadstool-inspired items I’ve found so far that would be a good fit for this theme (which would also work well for a first birthday party or autumn get-together!)…

woodland forest baby shower

Starting with the image at top: flexible Birch Bark ($4.99); Moss Cobble Balls* ($3.99 – $22); 11.5″ Moss Bunny Topiary ($8.99); 12″ Wood Tree Stump ($19.99); 8″ Wood Tree Stump* ($11.95); and flexible 20×10″ Moss-covered Tree Bark ($11.99).

*I’m thinking that one of the medium Moss Cobble Balls + the 8″ Wood Tree Stump would make for super cute DIY tree centerpieces!

2nd image, above: Natural Bark Slices ($3.99 / 15 pieces) – these could be great for place cards or party favor “tags”; Decorative Acorns, set of 6 ($15); 48″ Flexible Moss Twig Garland ($11.99); Natural Preserved Moss Baskets, set of 2 ($18.99); 11″ Moss-covered Twig Basket ($32); and Flocked Moss Cobbles ($8.99).

Pictured below: Felted Acorns by Etsy shop Fairyfolk would make for charming party favor or place card embellishments. ($12/set of 6)

woodland forest baby shower

Pictured below…fun toadstool-inspired finds {clockwise from top left}: Tiny Polymer Clay Toadstools ($16/set of 7); adorable, plush Red Mushroom Toadstool Family ($68/set of 3, custom-made to order); Toadstool Gift Tags ($3/set of 10); Set of 2 Crochet Mushrooms ($10); and “Toadstool Bite” appetizers made from hard boiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, and feta!

woodland forest baby shower

Stay tuned for Part 2… coming soon! (And if you have any ideas or product suggestions for this theme, please share them in the comments!)

28 responses to “Woodland Forest Party Theme – Part 1 {Woodsy Elements & Toadstools}”

1. Lourdes says:

OMG cuteness overload! I can see how it’s been so much fun to brainstorm!

2. Alexis says:

So Unique…I can’t wait to see what is next!

3. Nicole says:

I’m excited to see this. I am planning a friend’s first baby shower next month. I thought that since the baby’s name will be Willow, a tree/woodland theme would be cute! Thanks!

4. Natalie J says:

Possible favors from one of my favorite Etsy jewelers:

5. jane L says:

oooohh so cute… suggestion i like the woodland dolls made by jhoanna at oneredrobin

6. Margie says:

I make fairy dolls using the child’s face (modern style), could put mums face? An elf also could be done. Also I make cloth houses for babies, mushroom houses. My 1 year old (just one) totally love it. Happy to email if you would like a look?
    Cloth birds and birds house.

7. Jamie says:

I recently developed a child’s fairy party using woodland forest elements as my inspiration..It was so much fun! The woodland theme was set using a “tree trunk” table where the fairies dined under a forest canopy sitting on handmade toadstools surrounded by whimsical forest creatures. Check out some of the photos at…

8. Theresa says:

Check out the front cover of Martha Stewart’s November issue. Toadstools made from pumpkins!
    Too Cute!

9. Jenn says:

Oh, I LOVE this!! I’ve been really into the woodland theme lately and am really excited about these finds.

10. Marian says:

This is such a charming, unique theme! I absolutely love it!

11. Sarah says:

I am in love with this! It’s so whimsical.

12. Wow! So charming…I really want to try making that Toadstool Bite appetizers…it looks yummy :)

13. Shai says:

Yeah! Woodland Forest! Here are a few goodies that I found:
    Mini wooden pencils for favors:

Twig votives:

These Adam Frank oil lamp shadow projectors at
    may only work for a night/late evening event but the “Nest” would fit right in.

14. rachel Purcell says:

what a special friend she must be…

15. I can’t wait to see what you come up with! What a fun idea for a shower.

16. Amber says:

My friend Amanda owns an adorable online shop called Bake It Pretty ( I can’t think of why I haven’t mentioned it to you before. But she has all manner of adorable woodland delights! My favorite is this woodland creature sampler:

But do searches for woodland, mushroom, gnome, deer, etc. You will find all sorts of amazing things!!

17. jenn s. says:

Looks like a great resource, Amber! Thanks for letting me know :)

18. Julianne says:

I LOVE the pomander balls of moss, so beautiful!

19. Crystal says:

I am having my Baby Shower on Oct 24th. It is in this exact theme. I will send you some pictures when we have it.