22 Sep

The {Modern} Giraffe-Inspired Nursery

giraffe nursery theme - inspiration board{click image to view larger}

When Tara from StrollerTraffic asked me to create a style board and design tips for a new nursery trend she was researching, it sounded like a fun project, but I got even more excited when I found out what this new trend actually was… because it just so happened to be my favorite {wild animal} already – the giraffe!

Since there’s so much cute stuff out there, I had a hard time making decisions (nothing new!) – so I ended up with 2 boards instead of 1.  You’ll find all of the nursery design tips + product links for Board A (pictured above) – over on StrollerTraffic.com, and Board B with product links/info is pictured below.

giraffe nursery theme - inspiration board{click image to view larger}

Product Links for Giraffe-Inspired Nursery – Board B

Egg Crib Bedding Collection by Olli & Lime (Swoon!!!)

Egg Wall Art by Olli & Lime
(mocked up in a yellow frame for this inspiration board)

Personalized Giraffe Print

Safari Block Vinyl Decal – Elephant/Giraffe/Rhino

Jonathan Adler Giraffe Sconce

Clothes Tree (in Natural)

Giraffe Coin Bank

Gio Aqua Boudoir Pillow by DwellStudio

Giraffe Pillow by DwellStudio

Squares Wall Mobile

Gerry Giraffe and Mary Monkey Wall Graphic

Tiddliwinks Musical Mobile – Giraffe

Giraffe Area Rug

Thanks again to Tara for giving me an excuse to work on this project! Next project to add to the agenda now… a giraffe-inspired baby shower! =)

26Comments

amanda b. young SAYS:

You’re killing me over here! I’m a HUGE giraffe fan – both of these boards are fabulous… but especially the second one. I love those colors. So many cute details!

September 22, 2009 at 5:38 am

Keri SAYS:

I actually have the bedding in your first board and those colors are exactly what I have in my son’s room. Oddly enough, his theme isn’t giraffe’s (it’s actually more color driven), but I do have 2 modern-looking giraffe sculptures in there. :)

Just a note for anyone thinking about getting the Area bedding, it looks beautiful, but my experience is that the tabs on the bumper come off very easily. Also, there’s no slip cover or anything so washing the bumper is not an easy task. Children and not-so-easily-washable white do not make for a great combo. :(

September 22, 2009 at 7:02 am

Jill SAYS:

These are both adorable! I just love Board A though – the giraffe wall mural and blanket are extra FABULOUS!

September 22, 2009 at 7:37 am

Lindsey SAYS:

SO, SO cute!
I love the theme and the colors.

{ Lindsey }

September 22, 2009 at 7:48 am

Mrs. R SAYS:

I love it! Super cute and Modern :)

September 22, 2009 at 7:59 am

southern hostess SAYS:

So cute! I love this idea.

September 22, 2009 at 10:27 am

Globetrotting Bride SAYS:

I am so over the owls too. These giraffes are sooo adorable. I’ve already bought the baby in my belly giraffe Pjs and now I’m rethinking the nursery…

September 22, 2009 at 11:15 am

Debra SAYS:

I love this party theme.
It is one of my most popular baby shower invitations.

September 22, 2009 at 8:21 pm

Heather SAYS:

I love giraffes too and this totally spoke to me! I especially love the colors on Board A, but both looks are fantastic!

September 23, 2009 at 11:39 am

Diapers and Divas SAYS:

I love giraffes! These are adorable!

September 23, 2009 at 11:49 am

stacy @ nameyourdesign SAYS:

you are right on with the giraffe theme…they are also my favorite jungle safari animal! they seem to fit so nicely with a modern baby aesthetic such as yours!

love your color choices on board a! you may enjoy this modern canvas giraffe print from my site b/c it happens to fit perfectly with your fresh color palette. http://www.nameyourdesign.com/modern-giraffe-boy.html

September 23, 2009 at 1:29 pm

JanetG SAYS:

Love the giraffe theme. I recently posted that I felt a giraffe “uprising” mostly I was hoping but loved some of those products that you featured. Love it!!

September 24, 2009 at 10:13 am

Irma @ Gifts Define SAYS:

We feel the “love giraffes” fever is invading…we’ve been receiving custom mobiles featuring these friendly animals. We think the next one would be elephant…: :)

Custom giraffe mobiles in colors to complement the room/nursery/bedding: http://indollgences.blogspot.com/

September 24, 2009 at 1:11 pm

Down Pillow SAYS:

So many cute finds! Loving the adorable giraffe lamp :)

September 27, 2009 at 6:18 pm

Katy SAYS:

ADORABLE!!

September 28, 2009 at 4:31 am

At Home with Kim Vallee SAYS:

Modern giraffes are gaining more and more popularity. I can understand, they are so cute. You selected some of my favorite accessories for nurseries.

September 29, 2009 at 9:33 pm

Meghan Shadricke SAYS:

I also got the Area bedding for my sons room and we have giant size giraffe in the room too!- love it, but have to agree with another post that it dirties up more than I’d like. Its organic bedding, which is great, but the instructions say not to use bleach. I had a tab on the bumper come off as well (but a quick stitch fixed that)

October 1, 2009 at 4:52 pm

Dena Smolek SAYS:

Love it! My son has the Melissa & Doug huge giraffe in his room and loves it… interesting to see that this is emerging as a trendy theme for nursery decor… there are some really cute designs out there and you seem to have found the best of the modern pieces!

October 5, 2009 at 12:15 pm

dining tables SAYS:

They are so adorable! My child likes animal stuffed toys! They will surely like this!

June 6, 2010 at 10:23 pm

solid wood furniture SAYS:

so cute! i think my children wiil like this very much.

August 2, 2010 at 6:59 pm
Apologies, commenting is now disabled for this post.