In honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which is right around the corner, we’ve got some new “Pink Party” ideas coming your way!
Maybe you know someone that’s walking in the 3-day & wants to celebrate afterwards, are planning some sort of fundraiser yourself, or want to host a little get together for a very deserving someone. Whatever the reason – this is obviously an important topic that affects the lives of so many people in one way or another, all throughout the year.
So, first up is this Pink Ribbon Tree Centerpiece. This was a really fun piece to put together, and you can definitely tailor this project to other occasions as well! (i.e. silver & white for a Winter Wonderland party, orange and black for Halloween, and so on…)
Read on for all the DIY details…
Cube vase (approx 6-7″ wide)
Decorative pink papers in 2 different patterns
Pink Roses (approx 14 – 18)
Floral Foam Wet (2 bricks)
1-2 Manzanita branches (we used one 18″ and one 24″)
Pink spray paint
light pink ribbon (we used 1/8” & 1/4”)
Adhesive-backed pink rhinestones
Rhinestone word sticker (your choice)
1. Spray-paint the Manzanita branch(es) pink and let dry thoroughly.
2. Soak the floral foam bricks, then trim them to a size that will fit securely within the vases. Add extra pieces to the vase if necessary to create a tight fit. (There should be a little extra space between the top of the vase and where the foam starts.)
3. Trim decorative paper to the same height as the cube vase, then cover the vase completely, securing with tape or another invisible adhesive. If you’re using 12″ scrapbook sheets, you may need to use 2 strips of paper. Cut a contrasting strip of paper for the top of the vase (approx 1.5” wide), and set it aside for later.
4. Insert the pink Manzanita branch(es) into the foam, making sure they are secure and can easily stand up on their own.
5. Trim rose stems to just a few inches long, and remove all leaves & visible greenery. Insert the roses into the foam, starting along the outer edge of the vase and working your way towards the center. Use remaining roses to fill in any gaps. Make sure that all of the floral foam is covered by roses.
6. Add the 1.5” strip of decorative paper to the top of the vase, positioned so that it covers the top edge of the vase and the bottom of the roses.
7. Tie short pink ribbons all over the branches. Decorate the ends of the skinnier 1/8” ribbons with rhinestones by adhering 2 same-sized rhinestones back-to-back on each ribbon end.
8. Finally, add rhinestone word sticker to the front of the arrangement. You can also use chipboard letters or feature a picture of the guest of honor in place of the rhinestones… personalize it however you wish!