Martha Stewart Living: October Highlights

Martha Stewart Halloween and Fall Ideas

I’m absolutely in love with the October cover of Living this year… partially due to the fact that I’m in the midst of planning a Woodland Forest baby shower for a friend and loving all things toadstool right now, but this is also just such a clever idea – and something I personally haven’t seen done with pumpkins before. It would make such a cute tablescape for Thanksgiving, too – or really any sort of Fall party!

Here’s a peek at some more highlights from this issue of Living… starting with a few extremely crafty face masks:

Martha Stewart Halloween and Fall Ideas

This next shot is pretty clever… “incognito” birdwatchers!

Martha Stewart Halloween and Fall Ideas

Pressed-paper boxes dressed up like owls and jack-o-lantern faced acorns…

Martha Stewart Halloween and Fall Ideas

A few images from A Wicked Good Time: macabre banquet table (featuring Slithered Scream Beans, Cauldron Curry, and Squeamish Squash with Rice), Snake Cake with Venom Glaze, Poison Apples (LOVE the presentation on these!), and “Eyes of Newt” DIY party favors.

Martha Stewart Halloween and Fall Ideas

Martha Stewart Halloween and Fall Ideas

Martha Stewart Halloween and Fall Ideas

Last but not least, a festive party favor embellishment made from the orange, balloon-shaped calyxes of Chinese lantern plants (very clever!):

Martha Stewart Halloween and Fall Ideas

For more on Living, check out

15 responses to “Martha Stewart Living: October Highlights”

1. Aurora says:

Ooooo, thanks for sharing these highlights! I LOVE them all & I’m off to buy my copy today!

2. Kendall says:

Thanks for the highlights! Has this come in the mail yet?! I haven’t gotten mine!

I also need to go out and splurge on the MS Halloween special issue! It looks like too much fun!

3. OmniBride says:

Thanks for giving us a sneak peek of the highlights! I love the toadstool-inspired cover!

-Lea McIntosh @ OmniBride

4. Amy says:

Happy to hear you’re doing the Woodland Baby Shower, I know the Monkey won, but I was really was hoping to see the Woodland Creatures! Now I eagerly await to see your creative ideas ;)

5. Tauni says:

Thanks for the highlights. I love MS Halloween edition and have rushed to the mailbox everyday in hopes it would be there…it looks like this issue will live up! Maybe it will come this weekend :)

6. Annie says:

What great stuff! I have to run out and get that magazine. I love Martha’s Halloween stuff…it’s always so much fun!

7. Nina says:

I just found out about your blog from Kelly’s Corner and I love it!!! I will definitely be back often. Although, your blog makes my blog look pretty sorry. Ha!

8. Angie says:

Just got my issue yesterday in the mail, and I love it! Plus, MS has her Halloween special edition out too, picked that up today too! Thanks for posting!

9. I am in complete agreement with you on the awesomeness of those toadstools! And the other ideas are fabulous too!

10. Down Pillow says:

That’s such a great cover :) And, I love the adorable little pumpkin party favor embellishments – so cute.

11. Dianna says:

Has anyone ever tried drying out gourds? It sounds as simple as just letting them sit in the garage for a year to let them mold and harden.

12. What gorgeous photos in this magazine, I finally got a copy yesterday and decided to subscribe for MS Living..just another thing I have to spend $ on :)

Our woodland-ish/autumnal party favors:

13. David says:

The Cauldron Curry is to die for! Made it the other night and took it for lunch the next day and the entire staff was asking for the recipe!

14. Marilyn says:

Martha talked about acorns and their meaning in an issue several years ago. It had why you put them on a window ledge, their legend, etc. I finally found some acorns, but can’t find my magazine! Is it possible to get this articlue via email? Thank you so much!

15. Dee says:

The October issue has a phobia file page 140. Can anyone tell me where I can tell the origination of the page so I can make a poster size of it?