30 Sep

Berry Sweet Shower Theme {Inspiration Board & Party Ideas}

berry sweet girl baby shower

Here’s a peek at the inspiration board for a baby shower I’m styling in November. As you can probably guess, mom-to-be is having a girl! Chocolate-dipped strawberries and a pink & red palette were requested for the event, so I’m tentatively calling this theme “Berry Sweet“.

Pictured at top: Camellia Tissue Paper Pom Set; Boughs of Whimsy gift wrap (the “inspiration piece” for the theme / will be used throughout the party); Rectangle Mod Pink/Red & Red Disc beaded curtains (for table runners &  decorative accents), pink drinks with YUM! Stirrers; cupcakes by Whitney Burke; and sparkling Pomegranate Champagne Cocktails.

berry sweet girl baby shower

Pictured above: Digital mockups of concepts for the accent table arrangements – utilizing oversize red blooms, metallic fuschia vases embellished with gift wrap, pink swirl lollipops, and white mitsumata branches adorned with small red blooms and paper “leaves”. {Ruby dahlias in white vase pic by Floral Art

berry sweet girl baby shower

Pictured above: Red and White acrylic drop ornaments; a digital mockup of the table centerpieces (a grapewood branch adorned with oversize flower blooms – real & faux – and paper leaves… might add some crystal ornaments too); Boughs of Whimsy gift wrap; and a few sample elements for the Treat Barpink and red candies and chocolate-dipped strawberries.

Last but not least, here’s a peek at the venue – Catch restaurant at the Casa del Mar hotel in Santa Monica. Pretty sweet, right?! (pun intented)

berry sweet girl baby shower

P.S. This theme would work great for a bridal shower or birthday party too! (Just swap out the word “BABY” in the signage with “BRIDE” or the the birthday girl’s name.)

P.S.S. The font used for “BERRY SWEET” and “BABY” is called “JFFerrule“.

melissa i SAYS:

Wow – your shower plans combined with that venue are going to be FANTASTIC!! Cannot wait to see the final presentation!

Reply October 1, 2009 at 9:38 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Erin –

I purchased the metallic pink vases at a local floral supply store last year that no longer carries them, but I do think you could copy this look using metallic paint or even by just covering the vase with metallic gift wrap.

However, one of my readers did some investigating when she saw them used in an earlier post I did on a different baby shower, and you might find this helpful:

Thanks for responding to the post. After a little reseach from the information everyone provide…I found them! They are a wholesaler that seller to florist but they were very open to selling directly to me….I hope everyone has a wonderful party!

Good luck! :)

Reply October 1, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Kim Morales SAYS:

Where do you source your invitations from? I would love to help you find the perfect invitations for your events! I can even help you come up with custom invitations that are sure to please.

Reply October 2, 2009 at 4:47 pm

Down Pillow SAYS:

So many pretty details :) I really like the table accent arrangements & the branch with flowers piece.

Reply October 3, 2009 at 9:11 pm

Brandy SAYS:

Hi Jen,

I have a random question for you. I am throwing a baby shower at my house this week. My home is decorated for Halloween already. Do you think I should take the decor down so it doesn’t clash with the baby girl theme?
I would love to hear your opinion. Thanks!

Reply October 5, 2009 at 6:23 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Brandy –

Is there a way you could tie the 2 themes together – for example, maybe incorporating some orange into your shower theme to match the orange in the decorations? Or putting pink “Lil’ Pumpkin” signs next to pumpkin arrangements, etc…

In general I usually try to make sure that at least the main area where the party is doesn’t clash with the “surroundings” – so I’ll do things like temporarily swap out throw pillows or cover framed prints with decorative paper that matches the party in the specific room where it’s being held.

I don’t think you need to worry about taking everything down, just use your best judgement for the party areas… for example it’s probably best not to have skeletons, cobwebs, & other scary things next to the “baby girl” decor ;)

Reply October 5, 2009 at 7:44 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Kim –
I usually look for invitations all over the web – or create them myself since my background is in graphic design :)

I’ll definitely bookmark your website for future reference too – thanks!

Reply October 5, 2009 at 12:24 pm

Kim Morales SAYS:

Let me know if you are interested in starting a line of invites. We like working with new designers, especially if they want to create a unique line for ImpressInPrint.com. We can help with the retail, printing, and fulfillment of your invites.

Reply October 5, 2009 at 12:33 pm

Brandy SAYS:

Thank you for responding to my question. I love your idea about bringing in the orange. I have worked on a few things tying the orange in and it is BEAUTIFUL!
Thank you again for another brillant idea.

Reply October 6, 2009 at 5:52 am

jenn s. SAYS:

So happy to hear that, Brandy! Good luck with the shower! :)

Reply October 6, 2009 at 7:01 am

Rachel SAYS:

That’s beautiful! I love seeing your inspiration boards and then the finished party later. The process is so inspiring! Thanks so much, I’ll be linking to this.

Reply October 9, 2009 at 1:45 pm

Jenin SAYS:

Wow, that looks lovely. I love red & pink together, makes a really beautiful combination. You just gave me a bit of inspiration! Good luck, can’t wait to see how fabulous it turns out.

Reply October 24, 2009 at 12:41 pm

Robin Strickler SAYS:

Love, love, love it!!!!!!

Reply October 24, 2009 at 3:27 pm

Stephanie SAYS:

hello i wanted to ask were can i get these decorations freom

Reply January 17, 2010 at 6:02 pm