Abby from Style Me Pretty recently created the most adorable Pink Birthday Party for her daughter Audrey’s first birthday! From pink balloons & cupcakes to pink margaritas for the adults, you can check out all the pink-a-licious details over at Cookie magazine.
She’s also generously offered to share the DIY tips for these adorable Bubble Tin Favors with us, so read on for all the how-to info, plus a downloadable template for the labels and a few more detail shots from the party!
BUBBLE TIN PARTY FAVORS
• 6” Tin Cans, found at Specialty Bottle
• Craft Sealant (such as Loctite or Amazing Goop) for inside/base of can to help prevent leaking & rusting
• Pink Pipe Cleaners, found at Michaels
• Bubble Solution, found at iParty
• Raffia, found at Michaels
• Full Sheet Label Paper, found at Office Depot
• Computer / Color Printer
• Paper Cutter
1. Treat the inside of the cans with craft sealant to help prevent leaking or rusting.
(Note: This is an update to the instructions as per December 2011 after seeing via the comments that some readers had trouble with leaky cans.)
2. Download and print out the template for the bubble labels and trim just under and above the pink lines (so that the lines show) and horizontally at the end of the pink lines.
3. Adhere to the tins using as light of a tough as possible so you don’t leave fingerprints.
4. To create the pipe cleaner wands, shape the top of the wand into a circle, then twist the end around the handle.
5. Measure your raffia to about 18.” Holding the pipe cleaner in place, wrap the raffia around the wand and the tin, tying in a bow at the front.
6. Fill the tins about 3/4 full with the bubble solution (can be found at party stores).
A few more party details are pictured below… I just love the look of these pink drinks with the “YUM!” drink stirrers & pretty straws!
Thanks again to Abby for sharing these lovely details with us!