25 Aug

REAL PARTIES: Oh Boy! Gumball Shower

REAL PARTIES: Oh Boy! Gumball Shower

This next Real Party is a colorful “Oh Boy! Baby Shower” from Ebony Sparkes, featuring fun details like gumball-filled vases and an adorable plush-lion-topped diaper cake. Read on for all the sweet details, as told by Ebony herself…

“My friend Nicole and I were so excited to plan this baby shower for our dear friend Torrie.   Planning this shower was an absolute joy for us, as Torrie has always been a great friend.  She gave us complete range to do whatever we wanted and “Oh Boy” did we ever!

REAL PARTIES: Oh Boy! Gumball Shower

We were inspired by Amy’s “Oh Baby” baby shower right here from the HWTM and added our own special touches, so we came up with the “Oh Boy Gumball Shower” theme.

The welcome table was decorated with a diaper cake that I made using the instructions found here on HWTM blog.

REAL PARTIES: Oh Boy! Gumball Shower

We added some bling to the table by adding crystals along with bright fresh flowers, in beautiful mint julep cups.

Guest could also make a scrapbook page for the parents album, sign the Piggy Bank and complete a label for the baby’s book club!

REAL PARTIES: Oh Boy! Gumball Shower

I made the invitation (pictured at top) using Adobe Photoshop and applied a cute pregnant diva stamp from Stamping Bella.  Torrie had not seen the invitation prior to the shower, so we framed it as a keep sake for her.

For the venue, we selected a beautiful art gallery in a community center that featured children’s artwork displayed on the walls. This gave us a great background for the shower and beautiful high ceilings.

REAL PARTIES: Oh Boy! Gumball Shower

The centerpieces were tall clear vases (about 17″) with transparent dots on them from IKEA.  We filled them with literally hundreds of gumballs that we ordered from Sam’s club.  Atop the gumballs we added beautiful fresh flowers for additional color.

REAL PARTIES: Oh Boy! Gumball Shower

We really wanted to incorporate Torrie’s favorite color orange, so we used bright orange table linens.  We added turquoise 12x 12 scrapbook paper for the place setting.  We made custom napkins rings with ribbon from our local craft store (A.C. Moore) and cut circles out of colored paper and stamped “Oh Boy” on them.

In keeping with the theme, the favor was a turquoise miniature gum ball machine, wrapped with orange ribbon and hang tag (see 2nd image, above)! They were a big hit.

The cake table was adorned with all things orange, brown and turquoise. There were treat bags, cupcakes, and edible arrangements (with fresh fruit).

REAL PARTIES: Oh Boy! Gumball Shower

Here is mommy-to-be on the left with the two hostesses (Nicole and Ebony on the right) that were both expecting by the time the shower took place.

REAL PARTIES: Oh Boy! Gumball Shower

Special thanks to Torrie for allowing us to share is the beautiful event, and we were all so excited when Baby Jayden made his appearance!”

31Comments

Chris@Celebrations At Home SAYS:

This is adorable and I LOVE the idea of the art gallery with CHILDREN’S artwork!!!

Reply August 25, 2009 at 10:44 am

Torrie SAYS:

Ebony and Nicole you all did a wonderful job. I knew my shower would be great, but it exceeded my wildest dreams. Thank you for a heartfelt shower. i am BLESSED to have you wondeful ladies in my life. Not only are you are wonderful freinds but you are wondeful mother’s as well. You both are an inspiration to me!

Reply August 25, 2009 at 11:04 am

Tiffany SAYS:

You guys did a great job!!!!

Reply August 25, 2009 at 11:10 am

JustMe SAYS:

I really love how you incorporated the gumballs everywhere! It’s such a cute theme!

Reply August 25, 2009 at 11:23 am

Brenda Perkins SAYS:

The Baby Shower was absolutely fabulous. The ladies did an outstanding job of incorporating the theme and color palet down to the final details. Obviously, they know Torrie very well. She was ecstatic and overwhelmed with the whole event and what a wonderful way to welcome Baby Jayden to the world surrounded by family and friends.

Reply August 25, 2009 at 11:23 am

Cece SAYS:

Soror Ebony,
You guys did a great job. I especially love the decorations. You didn’t do the traditional safe colors and decorations and it turned out nice.

Reply August 25, 2009 at 11:26 am

Morgan SAYS:

This is one of the BEST baby showers I’ve ever seen. I love the gumball machines and the lion on top of the diaper cake. The color choices are fantastic! I also really like the activity book for guests to fill out for the parents to be! It’s like every little detail coordinated with each other perfectly. :)

Reply August 25, 2009 at 11:27 am

Kaycee SAYS:

This is gorgeous! I love every little detail…it’s obvious these women put much energy and time into this shower and it shows!

Reply August 25, 2009 at 11:31 am

Charisse SAYS:

Super cute shower!! I love the mini gumball machines and the scrapbook table idea. What a great favor and super cute way to get the guests involved in the shower.

Reply August 25, 2009 at 11:42 am

Ana Knott SAYS:

This is absolutely adorable and unique!!! I love the idea of a gumball shower. I agree that having the art gallery with the children’s artwork as the location added a special touch to the day. My favorite idea (besides the centerpieces) is incorporating the mom-to-be’s favorite color of orange in the decorations. It gave the whole theme a special touch while still using the traditional blue. Great job!

Reply August 25, 2009 at 11:49 am

jules SAYS:

This shower was absolutely beautiful. The scrapbook paper was a unique addition. The color scheme and textures used were fabulous. I love the whole look. Great job

Reply August 25, 2009 at 12:29 pm

Ebony SAYS:

Thanks! this was a pleasure planning… Lots of fun and most of our inspiration came from right here – HWTM is the BEST!

Reply August 25, 2009 at 1:04 pm

Nekesha SAYS:

Soror Ebony,
GIRL YOU HAVE FOUND YOUR CALLING..idk if youre this good at project management work but in the event you get sick of that, party planning should be your next thing..this is SOOOO BEAUTIFUL. When its my turn, will you come to NC and do mine :-)

Reply August 25, 2009 at 1:14 pm

solo SAYS:

WOW, really nice. Great idea.

Reply August 25, 2009 at 1:47 pm

Sheila SAYS:

The gumball motif is engaging and amazing. This looks like a top notch event that kept everyone entertained. High style indeed! Good job!

Reply August 25, 2009 at 1:59 pm