REAL PARTIES: Fairyland Birthday Party

fairy birthday party theme

This adorable “Fairyland Birthday Party” was created Adriana Arabia by for her daughter Isa’s 6th birthday. Here are all the magical details, as told by Adriana!

****

“My daughter is fascinated by fairies and I wanted to throw a memorable birthday party for her on her 6th birthday because it will be her last birthday as a single child and I guess I was feeling a bit guilty for what was about to come…

As soon as we had decided on a theme I started searching the web for ideas and inspiration and came across the fairy birthday party that HWTM organized. It happened to have the same color scheme I had planned and I totally fell in love.

fairy birthday party theme

I wanted to do everything from the invitations so I went to my local Michael’s store and bought card-stock paper, stickers and other supplies.

fairy birthday party theme

I also happened to have a huge roll of pink and green wrapping paper which came in very handy as well as it ended up being used as chocolate wrapping, table runner and other small decor items.

fairy birthday party theme

For the entrance I found an arch at ebay and I made a sign that said “welcome to fairy land” to set the mood for the party (pictured at top). The whole entry way was decorated with large paper flowers which my daughter help me make ahead of time. We made around 50 large flowers and 20 small ones that we ended up using as napkin rings on the table.

fairy birthday party theme

All the “fairies” were greeted at the entrance and asked if they wanted to be a fairy for a day. Half the group was led to a fairy make over station where they had their faces and nails painted, and there were tutu’s from Oriental Trading Company (OTC), a pouch with “fairy dust” and a magic wand (OTC) waiting for them.

fairy birthday party theme

The second group was led to “Tink’s workshop” where they worked on decorating their paper wings with glitter, paint and stickers all from OTC.

fairy birthday party theme

The cake was a 4 tier cookies and creme cake with a hand sculpted fairy in gumpaste. Girls also had mini tea sandwiches, strawberries with sweet cream, and veggies with dipping sauce.

fairy birthday party theme

Right after they were done eating, the birthday girl received a message from the birthday fairy and all fairies were sent looking for missing gifts for the birthday girl (puzzle pieces that had a secret message for the girls letting them know where their goodie bags were).

fairy birthday party theme

Goodie bags were filled with fairy mini note books found at the discount aisle at michael’s, fairy stickers, lipgloss, butterfly lollipop and tatoos, all from Oriental Trading Company.”

fairy birthday party theme

Thanks for the inspiration, Adriana! Everything looked fantastic… I’m sure your birthday fairy was very pleased! =)

73 responses to “REAL PARTIES: Fairyland Birthday Party”

1. jean says:

Sigh. I now wish I had a daughter. This was amazing.

2. Nikki says:

Agreed!!! Great Job! Love the creativity and imagination!

3. Zudannie says:

Adorable,I’m sure she had a fantastic time. Everything was beautiful! Plus its just in time for my daughters enchanted fairy 1st birthday party planning =) where did you get those butterflies?

4. Yolanda says:

I am loving this!!!! I think my favorite is the cups, how cute is that?

5. Absolutely beautiful! Great work mom!

6. Mary says:

this is AMAZING!

7. jen says:

I love it! I have ideas when my daughter turns 6….

8. Such a cute theme! For my daughters 3rd birthday she had a Fairy Theme party also.

9. Great job!! All of the details are amazing!!

10. Julianne says:

Wow that is a fabulous virthday party for a little girl. Great details, I love the little outfits for each guest!

11. Lara C says:

I wish I was 6 again – looks like fun!

12. Danielle says:

Gorgeous!! Why didn’t I see this weeks ago. My daughter’s tea party is Saturday. I’m using alot of paper flowers also and paper lanterns. Great ideas!

13. Just adorable! I love the hanging tutus– oh what a dream for a little fairy!

14. jenn s. says:

Hi Laura –

Martha Stewart has a great DIY tutorial for the paper poms. Here’s the link:

You can also buy a “kits” to make them from Martha as well – either at Michaels or online (link below), but these are all the big size (as opposed to the smaller ones that could be used as napkin rings).

Good luck with your party! :)

15. Lisa says:

What a pretty party! Love all the details you added.

16. Kimberly B. says:

awesomeness to the max! I am 31 and would love a fairy party like this for me…hehehehe okay it’s time to work on having a baby girl just for something like this. i am inlove with the pictures.

17. Nisha says:

WOW! what a fabulous party – thanks for sharing!

18. Laura says:

Jenn,

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll definitely be making some of these great flowers this next week. I have a feeling I’ll be wrapping some chocolate for favors too.

These little touches make the party so much more fun!

Thanks again!
    Laura

19. Gorgeous party! I love all the little details and handmade items. Lucky Little Fairy:-)

20. I adore this party! I have a butterfly party for a four year old this weekend and we’ll definitely use some of the details as inspiration.

21. Erica Brooks says:

Wow! This is awesome. So detailed. Her little girl and guests must have loved it!

22. Ashley says:

oh, how i wish i was six and had a mother bursting with creativity like this! :)

23. Brenda says:

How did you make the paper flowers? I love them!!! It’s a great ideal!

24. GrandeMocha says:

Was the roll of pink & green paper Lily Pulitzer? It reminds me of a dress I have.

25. Paula says:

You are a SSSUUUUPPPPPEEEERRRRRR MMMMOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!
    Wow!

26. Every little girl’s dream! How adorable! I’m sure there were lots of squeals of excitement!

27. Rachel says:

Wow, this is gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing Adriana! There are so many amazing ideas here. I’ll be linking to this.

28. LuLu says:

WOW! This is the type of thing I want to do! I can’t wait to have kids! For now my Awesome party skills are limited to Halloween :)

29. How totally amazing! With two little toddlers.. I am sure to use this birthday idea!!

30. Toya Dee says:

Jen,

My father is turning 75 in November. Do you have any fun and exciting ideas for me. The colors are black and silver. Any insight would be great. Thank you!!

31. kimberly holly says:

wow,I so wish I had a little girl

32. Lisa Rees says:

Wow this is totally beautiful! I love the colour scheme and everything has been prepared to the smallest detail! Well done I bet your daughter was so excited.

33. Aggie says:

This almost makes me want to bear a child…maybe I can find someone else’s kid to do it for. It looked just brilliant.

34. Henny says:

Love the face painting! Who did the faces?

35. Rochelle says:

Great job! I love all the details! From the invitations to the table setting, to the “Tink’s workshop” and the goodie bags, etc..! I LOVE theme parties.

36. Down Pillow says:

So adorable & girly :) This is every little girl’s dream.

37. That’s beautiful. So inspiring. =)