“Treat Cones” are such a fun way to display candy & other goodies at a party. They’re easy to make and can be tailored to pretty much any party theme or color palette, so the sky’s the limit on the style!
The cones pictured here are from a French Circus-themed baby shower that I styled last month. We used zebra-striped wrapping paper, Crunch ‘n Munch (yum!), bright yellow Banana Heads Candy, and 6.75″ black and white shallow vases for these particular displays, but you can apply the same basic concept to any theme you like…
Here are the DIY details:
gift wrap or other decorative paper
craft styrofoam sheets – approx 1″ thick
shallow tray or vase/container
candy/treats for the cones
candy/treats to cover the styrofoam
tape, glue stick & scissors
For the Paper Cones:
1. Download or create a template for the cones. (You can download the one we used here. It makes 5″ cones.)
2. Trace the cone template onto the paper, then trim out. Repeat as many times as you need.
3. Roll the trimmed paper into a cone shape, making sure there’s enough of a hole left in the bottom of the cone for the lollipop stick. Secure the cone shape with a piece of tape on the inside, and use the glue stick to make the outer edge lie flat.
For the Party Display:
1. Cut a piece of the styrofoam sheet to fit securely within your tray or vase/container.
2. Place the styrofoam in the container, then insert the lollipop sticks into the foam, leaving a few inches in between the sticks to make room for the cones. (You can insert the sticks in neat rows or in a random configuration – whichever you prefer!)
3. Pour candy or popcorn on top of the styrofoam until it is completely covered.
4. Fill each paper cone with candy, popcorn, or another treat, then slide them onto the lollipop sticks.
Here’s a peek at our treat cones “in action” at the French Circus baby shower. They sat at different levels on the “dress” of the Dessert “Table Lady” that caterer The Party Goddess dreamed up!
P.S. Stay tuned this week & next for lots more DIY details from this French Circus party!