27 Jul

Swiffer SocialLuxe Lounge – The Decor

Swiffer SocialLuxe Lounge   The Decor

Last week was a bit of a light posting week because I was pretty much consumed with last minute details for the Swiffer SocialLuxe Lounge - the “pampering party” kick-off for BlogHer ’09 that I co-hosted with 5 other bloggers in Chicago last Thursday…which ended up attracting over 500 guests!

Swiffer SocialLuxe Lounge   The Decor

My main responsibility for the event was the party decor & room set-up. The set up became just a tad stressful when we decided to move to a larger room – with a completely different layout of course – the day before the party :0 We had to rent lounge furniture and a zillion power strips & extension cords to accommodate all the vendor & beauty station needs, but in the end the new space worked out great – blessing in disguise!

Swiffer SocialLuxe Lounge   The Decor

For the floral centerpieces, I wanted to do something with a “spa” feel that was impactful, yet simple to put together, since I had to do all of the arranging at the venue itself. (Here’s the inspiration board that I worked from, as seen in an earlier post.) There were 2 different styles of arrangements, and 2-3 color variations within each style.

Swiffer SocialLuxe Lounge   The Decor

ProFlowers shipped in tons of gorgeous mokara & dendrobium orchids, white hydrangea stems, and ti leaves. I purchased the sandblasted manzanita branches, curly willow, tall pilsner vases, ceramic vases, and dahlias at a local Chicago floral supply. (I’ll do a step by step breakdown of both of the centerpieces in another post – they’re honestly super easy!) Crystal ornaments and rhinestone word stickers (purchased at Michaels) were used to embellish each arrangement and add a bit of glam.

Swiffer SocialLuxe Lounge   The Decor

Framed signs with phrases like “Hello, Gorgeous!”, “Say Cheers to Cocktail Hour”, and “Yes, I do deserve to be pampered… obviously!”, sat on tables throughout the party.

I used the same stock image of the girl in curlers on the custom Jones Soda bottles that we made for the event (pictured in the top image). I liked her goofy attitude. =)

Swiffer SocialLuxe Lounge   The Decor

More info to come soon… in the meantime you can see more pics on the SocialLuxe Lounge Photostream over on flickr, which were uploaded LIVE from the party courtesy of Eye-Fi! (Most of the decor shots are on the last pages, since they were mainly taken before the party started.)

P.S. After the past few large-scale events that I’ve done this summer – I have even more respect than ever for wedding & event planners – so a quick shout-out to all of you!

It’s amazing how much problem solving has to be done on the fly when it comes to events… between the wind blowing our centerpieces over at Tisha’s shower last weekend to the last-minute room change, step & repeat banner/stands not arriving in time (Hello, Kinkos at midnight!), and several other “road blocks” with this one – I’m really getting some use out of the thinking cap at these parties. So MAJOR props to those of you that do this stuff all the time!

16Comments

* TONYA * SAYS:

I must say that you did an AMAZING job with the decor at SocialLuxe. Unfortunately due to a slightly delayed flight and a limo service that didn’t pick me up from the airport I was extremely late to the party, but I simply couldn’t miss out on an opportunity to see just how fabulous your parties are in person.

Reply July 27, 2009 at 3:05 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Thanks, Tonya! I’m so glad you at least made it for the end of the party! Hope you still had time to grab a drink and a mini spa treatment! =)

Reply July 27, 2009 at 3:52 pm

Tori {Thoughtfully Simple} SAYS:

What a gorgeous party! I really like the pairing of chic decor like the fabulous centerpieces with the playful items like the framed photos! Looks really great!

Reply July 27, 2009 at 4:12 pm

Jana Mathews (The Meanest Mom) SAYS:

Dear Hostess With the Mostess,

I was one of the finalists for the Funniest Blog Award this year! The Socialluxe Lounge party pictures are amazing. Wow. You and your team did a fabulous job. I’m so sorry that I wasn’t able to attend and see it in person. I so appreciated the invite, however. Next year! Next year!

Sincerely,

Jana Mathews
AKA The Meanest Mom

Reply July 27, 2009 at 6:09 pm

Michelle SAYS:

I had such a great time at the party. I work for a catering company and what you did with the room was fabulous! You would never have known there was any chaos at all. I look forward to seeing you in New York next year!

Reply July 27, 2009 at 6:09 pm

MixMingleGlow SAYS:

girl, you pulled it off like a PRO! Proud of you once again.
xoxo

Reply July 27, 2009 at 7:36 pm

Yvette SAYS:

Beautiful and inspiring like everything you do! Keep up the great work! :)

Reply July 27, 2009 at 9:34 pm

Amy @ Living Locurto SAYS:

Wow! You did a wonderful job. Yes, I’m sure that was stressful! It looks awesome. Sorry to have missed it… we won a blog award too!! :-( I was home doing my daughter’s birthday party instead. Too many good parties that weekend.

Reply July 28, 2009 at 7:11 am

Angie from theArthurClan SAYS:

Oh my goodness – I am just amazed at what you pulled off…and how you changed to a different location at the last minute. If we hadn’t been on our family vacation that week, I would have been there in a heartbeat! Next year I’m going to do everything I can to be at the SocialLuxe event….lol!

~Angie
co-founder of I Heart Faces

Reply July 28, 2009 at 7:31 am

Marie {Make and Takes} SAYS:

Jenn! You did an amazing job. The pictures turned out fabulous. My favorite are those sparkly stickers on the vases, so easy to do!!

Thanks!

Reply July 28, 2009 at 9:39 am

Julianne SAYS:

Wow what a beautiful color combo, the details look fabulous!

Reply July 28, 2009 at 10:25 am

Lindsan SAYS:

So chic, so colourful, so pulled together. Wonderful decor.

Reply July 28, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Erin SAYS:

Jenn, It was amazing! Thanks so much for the awesome party decor! Beyond gorgeous!

Reply July 30, 2009 at 6:54 am

Michelle@Everyday Celebrating SAYS:

Thanks for the event planner shout out! Crazy situations like that are things I deal with a lot! So challenging!

Wish I would’ve gotten to meet you that night!

Reply July 31, 2009 at 12:14 pm

Wendy SAYS:

You did a fantastic job on the decor! It was beautiful. Had a blast and what a nice treat to meet you in person. Your creativity constantly amazes me!

Reply July 31, 2009 at 4:20 pm