REAL PARTIES: Parisian Bridal Shower

Parisian Bridal Shower Theme

This week’s first real party feature is a pretty Parisian Bridal Shower that hostesses Becki and Christy threw for their friend Whitney, and I think you’ll find the details to be fun, flirty, and extra sweet… especially the heartfelt party favors. Read on for all the party details, as told by the hostesses…

***

“Our dear friend Whitney met her prince charming in the French pavilion at Epcot. The two fell in love and were engaged back in “France’ aka Epcot.  Because her fiancé was French we believed she needed a “Parisian” bridal shower to prepare her for the big day.

Parisian Bridal Shower Theme

Invitations:
We found Damask invitations from Target and printed them ourselves to save on printing costs!

Tabletop & party décor:
Most of the party supplies were purchased from Wal-Mart or Michaels in the Martha Stewart section with the exception of the feather boas, which were purchased online in bulk to save money. For the table tops we kept the décor simple by using flowers, candles and damask scrapbook paper.

Parisian Bridal Shower Theme

Where possible we tried to use ribbon and the party “logo” that we created in Microsoft Word with an Eiffel tower. The table also included advice cards for the bride that we made out of standard party invitations.

Parisian Bridal Shower Theme

Food & Beverages:
We choose to make both beverages pink. The hit of the party were the “Cham-chams” we made by adding a splash of Chambord and a few raspberries to each glass of champagne.

Parisian Bridal Shower Theme

We also made a big pitcher of pink lemonade with sliced lemons:

Parisian Bridal Shower Theme

We did our best to stick to a “Parisian” theme for the food. We made/bought little spinach quiche, cream puff pastry’s, yogurt parfaits & a brie cheese fondue.  For dessert we opted for cupcakes instead of a cake.

Parisian Bridal Shower Theme

Favors:
The bride’s mother passed away from cancer a few years ago so instead of a favor we made a donation to the Susan G Komen foundation.  We created donation cards and wrapped them in tulle so that each guest could remember Whitney’s mother was there in spirit and watching down from heaven.

Parisian Bridal Shower Theme

***

Thanks again to Becki and Christy for the party inspiration!

{Photos taken by: Rebecca Johnson}

21 responses to “REAL PARTIES: Parisian Bridal Shower”

1. Audrey H says:

Absolutely FABULOUS!!!!!!

2. Amanda says:

This party is so cute! I love all the details! –so thoughtful!!! I am sure the bride to be loved it!

3. Lynn says:

Thanks for sharing your ideas … I plan on using several of your ideas during my next party!!!

4. That is very creative. I love using feathers as accents. It looks so glamorous!

5. katrina says:

Amazing!

As usual you have out done yourself one more time :)

6. Emily says:

The party favor was such a poignant touch…and I love the use of the Eiffel Tower logo throughout the party, it seemed to help tie everything together beautifully!

7. Really pretty & chic theme :) I love that donations were made instead of giving favors.

8. vaishali says:

Hi Can you tell me where you were able to get the bride boa pin and the boa drink accents.

Awesome decor and theme!!!!

9. becki says:

Hi! The bride pin was purchased at Michaels and i added the fur around it with super glue. The boa drink accents were also purchased at Michaels – It is actually a string in the craft section and i cut and tied it around the stems of the glasses.

10. Davids says:

What a sexy shower!

11. Whitney says:

Hi, I am the bride and I loved everything about the shower! My bridesmaids outdid themselves and it turned out beautifully! This was a perfect theme shower! Thanks Becki and Christy!

12. Shelby says:

I love this shower! The color scheme is great, the details are so fun! Love the boas! The favors are a great idea, so thoughtful and a great way to remember her mom. Fabulous job!

13. Marianne says:

it looks great! i love anything parisian!

14. Keila says:

Hi! How does one go about submitting their parties?

15. Cecilia says:

everything is beautiful love every single detail! One question I would love to know where you purchased the pocka dot sheets for the advice for the bride! would luv to use it for my bridal shower! Thank you!

16. Monica says:

I loved this theme and am using for my best friend. Can you tell me what you purchased in bulk? You mentioned that you bought most of the supplies online at Walmart and/or Michaels.

17. […] Bridal Shower Soooo Pretty! Posted on March 19, 2010 by frostedevents REAL PARTIES: Parisian Bridal Shower. from The Hostess With the […]

18. Naty says:

Thinking of doing this for my daughter’s sweet 16. This is so cute!!! So does anyone have additional ideas for a menu? Will be renting a recreation center but it does not have a kitchen so I’m looking for maybe food I can serve at room temperature? Thinking of quiches but I am stuck!

Thanks,
    Naty

19. tina says:

nice ideas love the color

20. madi says:

i am invited at a paris themed bridal shower any suggestion for the gift???

21. BeverlyFabrics says:

I love everything you did with the white feather boas! For those who are interested, we have these mini white feather boas for just $3.49: http://www.beverlys.com/mini-feather-boa-white/

Ps. Great site! I’m bookmarking it to our Delicious right now :)