Cirque du Bebe – Sneak Peek

French Circus Baby Shower - Tisha Campbell

Here’s a sneak peek at the French circus-inspired “Cirque du Bebe” baby shower that I styled for Tisha Campbell Martin & Duane Martin last weekend. This theme was so much FUN to work on!

French Circus Baby Shower - Tisha Campbell

With a guest list of nearly 200, this baby shower was extremely large and more like the size of a wedding, but you can definitely recreate this look on a much smaller scale too!

French Circus Baby Shower - Tisha Campbell

LOTS more pics and tons of DIY details for all of the centerpieces & special decorative elements to come soon… (just as soon as I get back from Chicago and am done with the Swiffer SocialLuxe Lounge event tonight!)

Until then, you can check out more party pictures of this party below and over at the Facebook album.

French Circus Baby Shower - Tisha Campbell

A close-up of one of the feather trees and the Eiffel tower vases that were wrapped with ribbon to give them a candy-striped look…

French Circus Baby Shower - Tisha Campbell

For a festive dessert table display, we cut paper cones from zebra striped wrapping paper and filled them with Crunch n Munch! To keep the cones upright, they were slid onto white lollipop sticks inserted into craft foam that lined the shallow vases. The foam was then covered up with bright yellow banana runts.

French Circus Baby Shower - Tisha Campbell

The bartenders wore decorative eye masks reminiscent of mardi gras in the French Quarter (about $7 – $14 a pop), and little plastic monkey charms hung from champagne flutes and the special cherry & blueberry lemonade that Tisha requested…

French Circus Baby Shower - Tisha CampbellDifferent custom signs designed to match the invite were displayed all around to help to play up the theme. The all-white frames are from Target’s current “College Collection”.

French Circus Baby Shower - Tisha Campbell

This cool black & white pavilion was from Z Gallerie… we dressed it up with colorful paper lanterns and strands of a plastic loops curtain, which were also used on the feather tree.

French Circus Baby Shower - Tisha Campbell

Marley Majcher and her team at The Party Goddess did a truly fabulous job with the themed food & drinks! This cool “table lady” is was a fun addition to the theme… the skirt of her “dress” was the table!

French Circus Baby Shower - Tisha Campbell

She was quite the trooper for standing there for 4.5 hours straight with just feathers to keep her cool. (More details on the menu & food displays to come as well.)

Here’s me and Tisha… and a centerpiece that the random gusts of wind wanted to blow over. (The centerpiece won out though, thanks to special earthquake-proof “floral gum”, which I will definitely never leave home without when it comes to outdoor parties now!)

French Circus Baby Shower - Tisha Campbell

All photos taken by the wonderful Gina Lee. More pics & details coming soon!

46 responses to “Cirque du Bebe – Sneak Peek”

1. Michelle T says:

Wow. Great party, and colors, it looks like such a grown up baby shower. So fun.

2. Ariel says:

Oh my goodness, I am utterly head over heels for that elephant vase, I would love to know where it is from!

3. Susan says:

This party is gorgeous, as well as wonderfully original! Lucky guest of honor! Lucky guests! Where did you get the snazzy open-mouthed fish vases? Would love to grab one of those if they don’t cost a bundle. Thank you for sharing this with us!

4. jenn s. says:

Thanks for the sweet comments, everyone! Here are the answers to the questions so far:

Rachael – I bought all the feathers online at (We used the 19-23″ size for the tall “feather trees” on the tables)

Ariel – The elephant vase is from Z Gallerie – I fell in love with those too!

Susan – the fish vases are from – They’re called “Gurgle Pots” and come in 2 different sizes:
    Regular: – and Mini:

jenn :)

5. Down Pillow says:

Really cute theme :) That’s probably the most extravagant baby shower I’ve ever seen – I can’t get over the guest count.

6. Saw a pic in US Magazine last week as well in case you didn’t catch it.

7. This baby shower looks absolutely amazing. A little over the top, but definitely amazing! I have never seen a “table lady” before and I find it very interesting. You did a great job with this baby shower and I’m sure the lucky couple loved it.

8. Allison H. says:

9. jen… love this- I want a circus party too

10. Meg says:

LOVE this! Anyone know what font was used for the little signs?

11. Natasha says:

Love it! What font was used for the signs and where did you get the monkeys for the drinks?

12. jenn s. says:

Meg & Natasha –
    The main font used on the signs is called “JF Ringmaster” – and you can download it for free right here:

Natasha – I bought the cocktail monkeys here: – and then only used the blue and yellow ones for this party.

(You can also buy them in sets of 1000 if you need a lot!)

Jenn :)

13. Monica Byrd says:

Love this idea!

14. Vaishali says:

Hi, Love this theme it is gorgeous! I was wondering if you have templates for the picture frame designs you used.

15. jenn s. says:

Hi Vaishali –

Sure do! You can download them right here in blue or pink. Here are the direct links:

16. Veronica says:

I love this and want to do this for my wedding! Could you let me know how many feathers for each vase? Also, how did you make them all stand up – did you use an oasis?

17. jenn s. says:

Hi Veronica –
    I actually posted a complete tutorial on these centerpieces here:

There were 20-25 feathers per vase, and a used a straight-handle foam bouquet holder to arrange them, then you just insert the handle of the holder into the top of the vase.

Good luck with the wedding planning! :)

18. hadasa says:

Beautiful!! would like to do this with orange and blue. what specific blue was that?

19. jenn s. says:

Hadasa –
    Do you mean the blue for the feathers? The color (at is called “Electric Blue”

You can find ALL the details on this theme and lots more pics here:

Good luck! :)