23 Jul

Cirque du Bebe – Sneak Peek

Cirque du Bebe – Sneak Peek

Here’s a sneak peek at the French circus-inspired “Cirque du Bebe” baby shower that I styled for Tisha Campbell Martin & Duane Martin last weekend. This theme was so much FUN to work on!

Cirque du Bebe – Sneak Peek

With a guest list of nearly 200, this baby shower was extremely large and more like the size of a wedding, but you can definitely recreate this look on a much smaller scale too!

Cirque du Bebe – Sneak Peek

LOTS more pics and tons of DIY details for all of the centerpieces & special decorative elements to come soon… (just as soon as I get back from Chicago and am done with the Swiffer SocialLuxe Lounge event tonight!)

Until then, you can check out more party pictures of this party below and over at the Facebook album.

Cirque du Bebe – Sneak Peek

A close-up of one of the feather trees and the Eiffel tower vases that were wrapped with ribbon to give them a candy-striped look…

Cirque du Bebe – Sneak Peek

For a festive dessert table display, we cut paper cones from zebra striped wrapping paper and filled them with Crunch n Munch! To keep the cones upright, they were slid onto white lollipop sticks inserted into craft foam that lined the shallow vases. The foam was then covered up with bright yellow banana runts.

Cirque du Bebe – Sneak Peek

The bartenders wore decorative eye masks reminiscent of mardi gras in the French Quarter (about $7 – $14 a pop), and little plastic monkey charms hung from champagne flutes and the special cherry & blueberry lemonade that Tisha requested…

Cirque du Bebe – Sneak PeekDifferent custom signs designed to match the invite were displayed all around to help to play up the theme. The all-white frames are from Target’s current “College Collection”.

Cirque du Bebe – Sneak Peek

This cool black & white pavilion was from Z Gallerie… we dressed it up with colorful paper lanterns and strands of a plastic loops curtain, which were also used on the feather tree.

Cirque du Bebe – Sneak Peek

Marley Majcher and her team at The Party Goddess did a truly fabulous job with the themed food & drinks! This cool “table lady” is was a fun addition to the theme… the skirt of her “dress” was the table!

Cirque du Bebe – Sneak Peek

She was quite the trooper for standing there for 4.5 hours straight with just feathers to keep her cool. (More details on the menu & food displays to come as well.)

Here’s me and Tisha… and a centerpiece that the random gusts of wind wanted to blow over. (The centerpiece won out though, thanks to special earthquake-proof “floral gum”, which I will definitely never leave home without when it comes to outdoor parties now!)

Cirque du Bebe – Sneak Peek

All photos taken by the wonderful Gina Lee. More pics & details coming soon!

46Comments

Sprout SAYS:

Definitely over the top in the world of baby showers, but so fun! Best use of zebra paper ever, and I don’t know what I’d do with it, but I want that striped pavilion!

Reply July 23, 2009 at 5:06 am

Sprout SAYS:

Oooh! And that pavilion is ON SALE!

Reply July 23, 2009 at 5:08 am

Tina-Bash Event Studio SAYS:

I wish I was Tisha. This is the best baby shower ever! I can’t wait to see all of the DIY projects. You have out done yourself again!

Reply July 23, 2009 at 5:48 am

Natasha @ Fete Fanatic SAYS:

I love every detail! The color palette, zebra print and the feathers are fabulous!

Reply July 23, 2009 at 6:06 am

Tori {Thoughtfully Simple} SAYS:

Wonderfully done! I love the yellow and the blue combo- reminiscent of baby shower colors but much more hip. Great job!

Reply July 23, 2009 at 6:37 am

Sandra@ribbonsandfavors SAYS:

My fav are those great feather filled vases – baby shower gone exotic comes to my mind!

Reply July 23, 2009 at 7:18 am

Ruth SAYS:

I love the french inspiration! And the black chairs against those bright blue table cloths were awesome! Such a fun summer baby theme. Nicely done Jen!!

Reply July 23, 2009 at 8:04 am

aymee SAYS:

i love all of it… i’ve been dying for u to finish it since u first posted the invitations it came out amazing!!!! now i just need a party to recreate it at home lol
truly congratulations on an awesome job

Reply July 23, 2009 at 8:05 am

Kelly SAYS:

Love it all!! Going to adapt this for a Britney Spears concert pre-party in September. More excited to do this than go to the show!

Reply July 23, 2009 at 8:12 am

cynthia SAYS:

Hi, I have found your website while I have been planning my son’s first birthday party. Your stuff is beautiful! But I have a problem, I contacted the *golden* shop on etsy- http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5744498&ga_search_query=golden&ga_search_type=seller_usernames
to make a party hat and shirt for my son and convoed the seller once and she got back to me the very next day to let me know we could work together. Well that was July 16 and I have messaged her 4 times since then and heard nothing back! She has updated her store multiple times to announce that she was going out of town and will only take 20 orders to ship before then {which mine would need to in order to get here before the Sep. 4th party} and that number got smaller and smaller and it now says she is full and not taking orders until after vacation. Well all that to say that now I am in a bind. I was set on getting him a party hat with his name on it that I could use for him for years and I can’t seem to find one anywhere. I know I need to get going since the party is in only 6 weeks, so do you know of any place I could try? Pleas let me know, I need help! Thanks! Cynthia

Reply July 23, 2009 at 8:59 am

EMTsweeetie SAYS:

This is stunning! I love everything about it!!

Reply July 23, 2009 at 10:05 am

Erin SAYS:

Gorgeous!

Reply July 23, 2009 at 11:21 am

Angel SAYS:

I’m having twin girls and I sooo want to do this theme, with a color palette of orange and pink instead of blue and yellow. Can’t wait for you to share more details — especially the food!

Reply July 23, 2009 at 2:20 pm

Nicolette SAYS:

The blue theme is perfectly executed. Very nicely done.

Angel, try turquoise with pink. You’ll be amazed by the result.

Nicolette

Reply July 23, 2009 at 3:48 pm

Joanna SAYS:

Wow! That’s pretty darn amazing! I love Tisha Campbel =) Your styling is off tha hook! I’m sure she was thoroughly blown away!!! So impressive!

Reply July 23, 2009 at 4:53 pm