So the summer has been off to a VERY busy start! I know the posting has been a bit lighter the past couple of weeks but promise it will pick back up soon… I just found myself in the middle of an insane start to June that can only be summarized by the following: Goodbye, sleep…hello, [lots more] caffeine. (Sorry, Mom – I promise to be better in July!)
Anyways, I wanted to give you a quick rundown of what’s been going on the past couple weeks… and what’s coming up!
June started off with a fun collaboration we’re working on with Chambord. I created some custom party themes for them, which we staged and did a 2-day photo shoot for here and at another location in LA. This was my first “full-blown” photo shoot – with a lighting team, production people, 14-hour days, etc. It was really fun, really tiring and really special to me because some of my friends were in it too! The first party theme will be running this holiday season, starting in September. Hint: there will be Peacock feathers! =)
Then this past Saturday I styled a party for Nancy O’Dell at her (gorgeous!) house in Pasadena for her daughter’s birthday. We did a Sesame Street theme featuring lots of bright colors… and a Sweet Factory CANDY BUFFET! I was really happy with how it turned out – especially given that it was planned & pulled it together in less than 2 weeks and there were nearly 100 guests!
Here’s a link to the facebook photo gallery with some pics from the birthday party taken by Gina Lee. I’ll be posting details, shopping resources, and “how-to” info for everything we did for this theme later this week, just as soon as I can catch up on my regular client work.
Also coming up this month at HWTM:
• a fabulous summer giveaway from Alice White Wines (next week)
• lots of new Real Parties and recipes (which my wonderful new summer interns, Sara and Robyn, are lending a hand on – hooray!)
• several new posts over at Real Simple
• an interview with Mindy Weiss
• behind the scenes details leading up to 2 big events we’re working on next month:
1. a co-ed, adult-friendly “French Circus” inspired baby shower for Tisha Campbell & Duane Martin
2. the Swiffer SocialLuxe Lounge – the “pampering party” I’m co-hosting in Chicago the day before BlogHer ’09 starts.
• Amongst other things. Phew! See you soon!