Seaside Wedding + Behind the Scenes!

modern ocean themed wedding

I’m just loving this gorgeous – and ultra-modern – Seaside Story wedding theme from the knot, so I was really excited to stumble on this knot tv video that gives a “behind the scenes” peek at the photo shoot for this theme!

The video gives great tips for recreating this look yourself and is great inspiration for all sorts of parties & occasions. (Hint – try swapping out the orange in this theme with red to create a fabulous, beach-inspired 4th of July dinner party!)

modern ocean themed wedding

{Photos by: Andrew McCaul}

16 responses to “Seaside Wedding + Behind the Scenes!”

1. Kelly says:

This is just gorgeous. I love the blue and orange color combo!

2. Interesting as a wedding. I definitely love it for a 4th of July party, though!

3. FeeFee says:

I just found your blog today. I just wanted to say that it is great. I am adding you as a fav on my blog! FeeFee

4. Gorgeous! I love the bright orange flower with the menu!

5. BrideTide says:

Loving that centerpiece! Thanks for sharing!

6. Kelli says:

Just beautiful! I love the spray of orange in with the blue and white! Refreshing, crisp and fun.
    Would also be festive for a beach BBQ, lakeside cookout or any other summery activity!

7. nayyiara says:

i love the centerpiece- but have a question- maybe some one can help me out.

where do i find acrylic boxes for such a centerpiece? The stuff I’m googling is ridiculously expensive!

Please help!

8. Julianne says:

WOW. What a fabulous wedding, gorgeous!

9. katrina says:

how cool are those plexi-glass trays, and versatile too. I could thing of a million things to do with them.

10. Such pretty colors! I really love the place card holders & amazing centerpieces :)

11. Kathy Jo Peterson says:

Fantastic! Just love this color scheme.

Kathy Jo Peterson
    Wedding Coordinator and owner of

12. I recently did a sea-themed candy bar that was similar to this one, but a little more detailed with live fish and other fun elements! http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album.php?aid=137828&id=110317983593&ref=mf

13. Tiffany says:

I love the seaside beach theme, it’s just lovely!!

14. Loved this setting and will definitely be greater with tungsten wedding bands.

15. The setting is great!

16. Jacky says:

Wow, what a pretty color combo. Love it!