REAL PARTIES: Spring Celebration

spring outdoor party ideas

I’m so excited to share this new “Real Party” with you! Courtney Toney from Joyful Weddings & Events is back with one of her fabulous seasonal get-togethers. This time the party is all about Spring, but I think this look would translate quite nicely to summer bridal showers, birthday parties, and celebrations as well!

Read on for lots of photos and all the party details, as told by Courtney herself…

spring outdoor party ideas

“Some of you may remember me from Jenn’s post on our Fall Party. If not, I am thrilled to introduce you to our little tradition. At the beginning of every season, my husband and I host a party to celebrate and capture the essence of that season. The fall party was the first, followed by our winter soup party, which was amazing!

To celebrate spring, our immediate thought was to have a picnic. And picnic in style we did. We held it at a neighborhood park on a beautiful May Saturday.

spring outdoor party ideas

I made a cute banner (pictured at top) to designate the party space and attached it to a bundle of sticks I found at Target.

In addition to blankets, I found those adorable floor pillows at Target to use on the grass for seating. I placed trays and plates in the seating areas for guests to place their drinks on (and just to look cute!).

spring outdoor party ideas

spring outdoor party ideas

For lunch, each family was given a gable box filled with picnic goodies. Boxes and food containers were purchased from Paper Mart. I added a little paper, some cricut letters and voila!

spring outdoor party ideas

Lunch consisted of the most delicious potato salad I have ever had (and I do not even like potato salad) strawberries, carrots and a homemade cookie. I had guests bring their own sandwiches to save on cost.

spring outdoor party ideas

spring outdoor party ideas

Round labels and cloth ribbon were purchased from Paper Source. I used wrapping paper from Target and Paper Source to wrap bottles and napkins.  I purchased little baby water bottles for the toddlers and kiddos. I also had mini sparkling lemonade bottles available.

spring outdoor party ideas

I made simple flower arrangements with flowers purchased at Trader Joes and clipped from my sister’s rose garden. The paper flowers hung from trees are from Cultural Intrigue (available for purchase through us).

spring outdoor party ideas

What I loved about this party the most was that it was so mellow. We just relaxed, ate, blew bubbles and the guys played basketball and frisbee. Such a great day! The decor from this party can easily be transferred to a shower or birthday party as well.”

spring outdoor party ideas

****

Thanks so much for the inspiration, Courtney! Wonderful party as always – can’t wait to see what you have in store for summer! :)

For more creative ideas from Courtney, check out her blog!

17 responses to “REAL PARTIES: Spring Celebration”

1. Brenda B says:

I love the ideas from this party – it could easily be used for a fun bridal shower. And, having a party to kick off each new season has got to be one of the cutest ideas.

2. ljcadv says:

wow love the idea of seasonal parties!

3. JL_DESIGNS says:

i LOVE courtney! she is so incredibly creative and understands the importance of the little details that mean all the world of difference! i am officially inspired to now throw a summer party!!! xoxo, carissa

4. tiombe paige says:

This was a great party. i really love the idea of everyone brining their own sandwich. What a great cost saving idea.

5. this is such a cute idea Courtney. I LOVE it.. Will you throw me a Summer party?

6. Her parties are always a hit and her ideas always amaze me!

7. Stephanie says:

Such a great idea! I’m planning a bridal shower for my best friend and I can definitely tie in these ideas! Thanks!!

8. Arleigh Heagany says:

Would you share the potato salad recipe?
    I love the colorful plates and papers.

9. Allison @ The Innovation Companies says:

Super cute Courtney! Love the gable boxes. I totally think brides should do boxed lunches for a picnic reception.

10. Leslie says:

What a great set-up, Courtney Rocks! Thanks for the inspiration…I may just borrow it for an upcoming bridal shower!

11. Katrina says:

Cute!
    Wish you would’ve posted a little sooner tho.
    We had b-day party two weekends ago.
    I could have used the carrot idea….
    since I work @ a label company ;)

12. Hi ladies! Thank you all for your sweet words- I really appreciate it. We have a blast with these parties and I especially loved this one. Summer is coming up soon!

Arleigh- here is a link to the potato salad recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Red-Bliss-Potato-Salad-with-Gorgonzola-and-Walnuts/Detail.aspx
    It is delicious!

13. Fabulous details! I love that line from Target, the pink damask & floral patterns! I used that line for a Garden Party I styled for a local mag!

14. I love all the bright, pretty colors! I sooo want the pink damask charger :)

15. Tina Lane says:

Since we are having an especially over cast day today I have been mentally transporting myself to your summer party. Thanks for the photos! I am lounging on a floor pillow as we speak… http://www.floridagirlmidwest.blogspot.com

16. Jenna says:

What a great idea! I love touches you added.
    Thank you for sharing!