22 Jun

REAL PARTIES: B is for Baby Shower

Alchemy Fine Events and Canvas and Canopy dreamed up this gorgeous “B”-inspired baby shower that’s just overflowing with creativity… and serious STYLE! Read on for tons of gorgeous pics and all the party details…

REAL PARTIES: B is for Baby Shower

Baby is for Baby Shower …and Baby Boy Baron. We took the Birds & the Bees to a whole other level with this retro inspired baby shower featuring a warm yellow, white and gray color palette. We started off by finding adorable yellow and grey floral patterned fabric on Etsy and designed custom linens trimmed with bright yellow burlap.

REAL PARTIES: B is for Baby Shower

We also created placemats by simply cutting out circles of the burlap for a super easy DIY! The table was set underneath a series of frames we had built then covered with a white cotton for a delicate shade. (We can’t wait to reuse these for a night event and cover them with lights!)

REAL PARTIES: B is for Baby Shower

For the floral chandeliers, we started with two sizes of embroidery loops and attached tons of various shades of yellow and white ribbons and yarn through each of them. Then we covered the smaller loop with a thick ribbon to give it some form and hand sewed white carnations around the large top loop. White yarn and wire was used to attach the chandelier to a smaller top circular frame and then to the roof of the frame itself. The more the wind blew and the yarn unraveled at its ends the more charming it became!

To make each place setting special we baked 40 individual coconut cakes topped with mini-handmade marzipan bees set on vintage doilies! We found the DIY for the marzipan bees over at MarthaStewart.com.

REAL PARTIES: B is for Baby Shower

Baby bottles served as the glasses for the Baby Bottle Bellinis (triple B word!) and proudly wore ‘B’ flags of their own.

Vintage vases and vessels were filled with bright, energetic mums, daisies and exotic sunflowers accented with craspedia balls. We actually found a lot of the retro vases at our local thrift stores for eco-chic entertaining!

REAL PARTIES: B is for Baby Shower

The candy buffet was nestled under a four-poster cabana we also had made for this event (which can be reassembled for many uses!) and was covered with cotton fabric and had its own gorgeous ribbon chandelier swaying from it. Strands of butterflies were draped around the posts for the fanciful effect sure to lure.

REAL PARTIES: B is for Baby Shower

Tons of various height apothecary jars were filled with sugarlicious yellow candies and had custom tags (available for purchase) draped with yellow ribbons calling out what their delicious bellies held.

REAL PARTIES: B is for Baby Shower

We also made goody bags and asked to take home as many delectable goodies as they could hold.

REAL PARTIES: B is for Baby Shower

We played Badmitton, Bocce Ball, had accents of Birds, Bees, Butterflies, Balloons and even served up a cute bowl of bright yellow Bananas! Each guest took home a Bag of candy… The ‘B’s were never ending and would also work fabulously for a ‘B’ridal Shower!

REAL PARTIES: B is for Baby Shower

Last but not least, here’s a peek at the {fabulous} invitation that started it all…

REAL PARTIES: B is for Baby Shower

Thanks so much to Alchemy Fine Events for the wonderful inspiration!

P.S. You can order the same invitations and candy labels pictured here in the Alchemy etsy shop!

{Photo Credit: Jasmine Marie Photography}

59Comments

Aisha | Dooby Design Group SAYS:

This looks fabulous:) Where did you find the white picture frames at?

Reply June 22, 2009 at 8:43 am

Bakerella SAYS:

Wow. This is just gorgeous!

Reply June 22, 2009 at 8:46 am

Sarah SAYS:

love the grey and yellow and the “b” theme is just brilliant and oh-so-cute!

Reply June 22, 2009 at 8:55 am

GInger SAYS:

Wow that party looks amazing!!!! I am definitely going to use these girls for my baby shower!

Reply June 22, 2009 at 8:57 am

Gillian SAYS:

Love it! Perfect for a summer shower!

Reply June 22, 2009 at 8:59 am

Michelle@Everyday Celebrating SAYS:

Gorgeous!!!!

Reply June 22, 2009 at 9:02 am

amy@stem SAYS:

I say we start some sort of Awards system and just go ahead and give them all to these ladies. They get my vote. They are fantastic!

Reply June 22, 2009 at 9:10 am

Bri SAYS:

It’s a lovely idea, everything is so cute! The attention to detail is simply amazing. And I just love the floral arrangements.

Reply June 22, 2009 at 9:18 am

V SAYS:

Thes Lolliladies have gone above and beyond! Their taste is just enough off the beaten path that it entices a special group, yet welcomes all. Pure class!
They have only just begun…Look for them on their own TV show soon, I can feel it in my bones!

Reply June 22, 2009 at 9:30 am

Charity SAYS:

As a guest at this party, I can tell you, it was just perfect. The Lolliladies went above and beyond to make the guests feel welcome and greeted with beauty and style, wherever they went. The attention to detail was superb. Well done, ladies. It was sublime.

Reply June 22, 2009 at 9:35 am

Amy SAYS:

I love Amy Butler fabrics – I actually used the runner fabric as inspiration for a quilt. It’s not finished but I have pictures on my blog. http://tonalitydesigns.typepad.com/tonality_designs/2008/10/my-current-side.html
I don’t sell them, but it would have been the perfect gift for the new baby! LOVE this shower!

Reply June 22, 2009 at 9:48 am

KYLIE SAYS:

OMG! This absolutely is the sweetest shower I’ve ever seeen, and believe me, I’ve see a ton! Such grace and softness. I’m so glad I didn’t see any “cutsey” games like diaper pins, diapers, etc. You ladies ROCK!!

Reply June 22, 2009 at 9:49 am

Adele SAYS:

Dear Lolli Pop Ladies,

Coming from a great grandmother’s view, you have done such a wonderful job. I would love to be invited to a party so calm, yet full of love and life. The new Mommy and Baby Baron must have felt all the love for them that day. Continued blessings on your new company. If I were your Grandmother, I would walk around with your sign on my back. I will for sure tell all the ladies at my church and social groups about your company for their future parties in their families.

Reply June 22, 2009 at 9:54 am

Bella SAYS:

Lillipop, Lollipop, Oh Lolli, Lollipop.
Lollipop, Lollipop, Oh Lolli, Lolli, Lolli, Lollipop!

Wow! You bring such fresh energizing, yet simple fun. Some of the best things in life never change.I almost want to have a baby just so you can do my shower!

Reply June 22, 2009 at 10:01 am