REAL PARTIES: B is for Baby Shower

bee baby shower ideas

Alchemy Fine Events and Canvas and Canopy dreamed up this gorgeous “B”-inspired baby shower that’s just overflowing with creativity… and serious STYLE! Read on for tons of gorgeous pics and all the party details…

bee baby shower ideas

Baby is for Baby Shower …and Baby Boy Baron. We took the Birds & the Bees to a whole other level with this retro inspired baby shower featuring a warm yellow, white and gray color palette. We started off by finding adorable yellow and grey floral patterned fabric on Etsy and designed custom linens trimmed with bright yellow burlap.

bee baby shower ideas

We also created placemats by simply cutting out circles of the burlap for a super easy DIY! The table was set underneath a series of frames we had built then covered with a white cotton for a delicate shade. (We can’t wait to reuse these for a night event and cover them with lights!)

bee baby shower ideas

For the floral chandeliers, we started with two sizes of embroidery loops and attached tons of various shades of yellow and white ribbons and yarn through each of them. Then we covered the smaller loop with a thick ribbon to give it some form and hand sewed white carnations around the large top loop. White yarn and wire was used to attach the chandelier to a smaller top circular frame and then to the roof of the frame itself. The more the wind blew and the yarn unraveled at its ends the more charming it became!

To make each place setting special we baked 40 individual coconut cakes topped with mini-handmade marzipan bees set on vintage doilies! We found the DIY for the marzipan bees over at MarthaStewart.com.

bee baby shower ideas

Baby bottles served as the glasses for the Baby Bottle Bellinis (triple B word!) and proudly wore ‘B’ flags of their own.

Vintage vases and vessels were filled with bright, energetic mums, daisies and exotic sunflowers accented with craspedia balls. We actually found a lot of the retro vases at our local thrift stores for eco-chic entertaining!

bee baby shower ideas

The candy buffet was nestled under a four-poster cabana we also had made for this event (which can be reassembled for many uses!) and was covered with cotton fabric and had its own gorgeous ribbon chandelier swaying from it. Strands of butterflies were draped around the posts for the fanciful effect sure to lure.

bee baby shower ideas

Tons of various height apothecary jars were filled with sugarlicious yellow candies and had custom tags (available for purchase) draped with yellow ribbons calling out what their delicious bellies held.

bee baby shower ideas

We also made goody bags and asked to take home as many delectable goodies as they could hold.

bee baby shower ideas

We played Badmitton, Bocce Ball, had accents of Birds, Bees, Butterflies, Balloons and even served up a cute bowl of bright yellow Bananas! Each guest took home a Bag of candy… The ‘B’s were never ending and would also work fabulously for a ‘B’ridal Shower!

bee baby shower ideas

Last but not least, here’s a peek at the {fabulous} invitation that started it all…

bee baby shower ideas

Thanks so much to Alchemy Fine Events for the wonderful inspiration!

P.S. You can order the same invitations and candy labels pictured here in the Alchemy etsy shop!

{Photo Credit: Jasmine Marie Photography}

60 responses to “REAL PARTIES: B is for Baby Shower”

1. This looks fabulous:) Where did you find the white picture frames at?

2. Bakerella says:

Wow. This is just gorgeous!

3. Sarah says:

love the grey and yellow and the “b” theme is just brilliant and oh-so-cute!

4. GInger says:

Wow that party looks amazing!!!! I am definitely going to use these girls for my baby shower!

5. Gillian says:

Love it! Perfect for a summer shower!

6. Bri says:

It’s a lovely idea, everything is so cute! The attention to detail is simply amazing. And I just love the floral arrangements.

7. V says:

Thes Lolliladies have gone above and beyond! Their taste is just enough off the beaten path that it entices a special group, yet welcomes all. Pure class!
    They have only just begun…Look for them on their own TV show soon, I can feel it in my bones!

8. Charity says:

As a guest at this party, I can tell you, it was just perfect. The Lolliladies went above and beyond to make the guests feel welcome and greeted with beauty and style, wherever they went. The attention to detail was superb. Well done, ladies. It was sublime.

9. Amy says:

I love Amy Butler fabrics – I actually used the runner fabric as inspiration for a quilt. It’s not finished but I have pictures on my blog. http://tonalitydesigns.typepad.com/tonality_designs/2008/10/my-current-side.html
    I don’t sell them, but it would have been the perfect gift for the new baby! LOVE this shower!

10. KYLIE says:

OMG! This absolutely is the sweetest shower I’ve ever seeen, and believe me, I’ve see a ton! Such grace and softness. I’m so glad I didn’t see any “cutsey” games like diaper pins, diapers, etc. You ladies ROCK!!

11. Adele says:

Dear Lolli Pop Ladies,

Coming from a great grandmother’s view, you have done such a wonderful job. I would love to be invited to a party so calm, yet full of love and life. The new Mommy and Baby Baron must have felt all the love for them that day. Continued blessings on your new company. If I were your Grandmother, I would walk around with your sign on my back. I will for sure tell all the ladies at my church and social groups about your company for their future parties in their families.

12. Bella says:

Lillipop, Lollipop, Oh Lolli, Lollipop.
    Lollipop, Lollipop, Oh Lolli, Lolli, Lolli, Lollipop!

Wow! You bring such fresh energizing, yet simple fun. Some of the best things in life never change.I almost want to have a baby just so you can do my shower!

13. jo says:

Super cute! Great job

14. Deidra Brown says:

Boy Oh Boy this is lovely. Where can the hangtag be purchased from and the fabric from etsy.com?

15. cara says:

*LOVE* this!!! it’s so perfect for my friend who’s lj name is bee_stung, and wants gender neutral — yea!

16. Amy says:

Hi, Deidra, I don’t know where they found the fabric on Etsy but I know it’s Amy Butler – her website is http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/

17. Miss Valerie says:

Do you do parties world or nation wide? I have friends getting married in Italy next year…..
    It would set a presidence in Europe!

18. Robbi says:

I will keep this in mind when my daughter has a baby. Adorable!

19. Matthew says:

presentation looks amazing, innovative, and fun.

20. Allison @ The Innovation Companies says:

So many details! Lovely job. If I were having a baby, I’d definitely love a shower like that!

21. This is just amazing! What a cute baby shower theme.

22. Thanks for all the wonderful compliments everyone! We had such a great time doing this event. Diedra, we did the candy tags ourselves :) We do invitations as well. They even come in many shapes, sizes, colors and different fun fonts!!

23. Wow! This baby shower is stunning! The theme is so clever and the yellow is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this.

24. jo says:

hey lolliladies, what did you use to bake the mini cakes? where’d you find a pan that size? was it a 4″ dia.? adorable! thanks.

25. Hi Jo!

I got the jumbo size muffin tins at Sur le Table and trimmed off the tops and turned them upside down. I got a Betty Crocker moist cake mix and added a bit of coconut extract and topped the whipped cream cheese frosting with more shredded coconut. Everyone gobbled them up and the extras I had left! HUGE success! Learn to make the bees here: http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/marzipan-bees

26. i LOVE the marzipan bees soo cute!

27. Alicia says:

This is all so beautiful. I’m especially intrigued with the frames and cabana that you used for shade. Do you have any DIY tips on those, or a resource I could go to for instructions?

Thanks for sharing your creativity!

28. So cute! Love the candy buffet & how the baby bottles were used :)

29. OK, she wins for the mostess.

30. this is awesome! love it…

31. LV says:

Absolutely Fabulous! I just love the colors and all of the detail.

32. Kristy says:

Brilliant. Beautiful. Breathtaking. I am sure everyone will be BUZZING about this one forever….Absolute perfection.

33. Catie says:

This is wonderful! I loved the color schemes, and the entire idea! It is great!

34. Julianne says:

FABULOUS! There isn’t a detail missed! I love the little bees, how freaken adorable!

35. Shelby says:

That is an absolutely beautiful shower! Adorable ideas!

36. Rickie Pollacchi says:

Uplifting, exciting, colorful, happy. The talented ladies who put this together know what they’re doing. Just beautiful. It’s mouthwatering. Who wouldn’t want this winning team do their party?