Baby Showers 06.11.09

Baby Shower Theme – Which Do You Like?

mod monkey baby shower

I’m co-hosting a baby shower for a friend next month and having a hard time deciding which way to go with the theme, so I thought would be fun to see which theme YOU guys would most like to see all done up & photographed for future inspiration.

Ginny is having a boy (Max) – so my first thought was to do some sort of “We’re Going Monkeys for Max!” theme. The first 2 inspiration boards below are variations of a monkey theme: Mod Monkey and (traditional) Sock Monkey. The third concept – Woodland Forest – is inspired by an adorable Colorbok scrapbook collection called “Friendly Forest“, which I’ve been antsy to use in a party setting for a while.

Anyways, here are my 3 “starter inspiration boards” – which theme do YOU like best?

Theme A: MOD MONKEY

mod monkey baby shower

Theme B: SOCK MONKEY

sock monkey baby shower

Theme C: WOODLAND FOREST

woodland forest baby shower

Once the theme is chosen, I’ll work on a more extensive idea board with all the little details. I’m open to any suggestions you guys have as well. Thanks so much for your help!

(P.S. Shopping resources for everything above will be added to this post tomorrow.)

180 responses to “Baby Shower Theme – Which Do You Like?”

1. Rose says:

At first glance the Mod Monkey caught my eye but I must say the woodland creatures has all the qualities for a sweet and memorable baby shower. Lovable creatures, great combo colors and the theme lends itself to many “surprises” via the nut concept. Also lends itself beautifully to whichever season the shower will be with slight modifications. And most importantly, have never seen it done.

2. Mariko says:

Sock Money. Hands down!

3. jessica says:

mod monkey………so cute and where did you get the invites….i am planning a shower for my sis i would love some help

4. jenn s. says:

Hi Jessica –
    Those monkey cards are actually greeting cards (as opposed to invites) that I’m planning to frame at the party and use as decorations. They’re from luxepaperie.com.

But polkadotdesign.com has some really cute Monkey invites! Here’s a link:

You might also want to check out the monkey themed “Real Party” that we just posted TODAY for some more inspiration for your sister’s shower :)

5. Joyce says:

Woodland Forest!!! Too cute!

6. As the creator of the Red Heel sock monkey, I’m partial to the traditional sock monkey set. Too cute! I also believe that every child should have a sock monkey… and that sometimes they’re NOT scary :)

7. Hello! I can’t wait to see which theme “WON”. They are all too cute! I love the traditional sock monkey, however “MOD MONKEY” is soo MODERN, the most fun and colorful!

xo

m

8. Samantha says:

I am having the same issue, so I can relate! I really like your 3rd choice and now I am even inspired to possibly do the same thing. Have fun, that’s the most important part!

9. Ashley says:

Hi, I have been looking at your website for an idea for my daughters first birthday and I really love the enchanted forest but I was also tossing around the idea of doing monkeys. I was wondering if you knew where I may be able to find monkeys like the mod monkey that you have on here but in pink instead of blue. I love all of your ideas by the way and thanks for any help that you maybe able to give me.

10. Candice says:

Where can I find that Woodland Forest mobile??!

11. jenn s. says:

Candice – you can find the Woodland forest mobile here:

(It’s actually called “Home Sweet Home” on this site!)

***

Ashley –
    To find the sock monkeys – go to Etsy.com and search for “sock monkey” in the search box. You’ll find tons of options – and a lot of the sellers will do custom orders if you message them. Good luck! :)

12. Kate says:

Hi! I am LOVING the woodland creatures theme! My son is turning 1 in November and I would love to use this theme. Any suggestions on decorating, favors or invites?

13. lisa says:

where did the cute monkey onesie come from? i love it and can’t find it.

14. mandy says:

easy,….mod monkey. Love it

15. tuyen says:

hello!
    could you please tell me where i can find that adorable turquoise and grey striped monkey? i love it! thank you so much!
    p.s. glad you went with the woodland forest theme! soooo cute! =)

16. Amber says:

I love the red pirate monkey card from theme B. Where did you find those? I would love to use them for my sister’s shower.

Thanks!

17. Lj Shackelford says:

Love the Monkeys!

18. Lj Shackelford says:

Love the Monkeys!

19. […] weekend. I was in charge of the decor & desserts (my 2 favorite parts!), and you might remember this post where I asked for your help deciding on the shower […]