Baby Showers 06.11.09

Baby Shower Theme – Which Do You Like?

mod monkey baby shower

I’m co-hosting a baby shower for a friend next month and having a hard time deciding which way to go with the theme, so I thought would be fun to see which theme YOU guys would most like to see all done up & photographed for future inspiration.

Ginny is having a boy (Max) – so my first thought was to do some sort of “We’re Going Monkeys for Max!” theme. The first 2 inspiration boards below are variations of a monkey theme: Mod Monkey and (traditional) Sock Monkey. The third concept – Woodland Forest – is inspired by an adorable Colorbok scrapbook collection called “Friendly Forest“, which I’ve been antsy to use in a party setting for a while.

Anyways, here are my 3 “starter inspiration boards” – which theme do YOU like best?

Theme A: MOD MONKEY

mod monkey baby shower

Theme B: SOCK MONKEY

sock monkey baby shower

Theme C: WOODLAND FOREST

woodland forest baby shower

Once the theme is chosen, I’ll work on a more extensive idea board with all the little details. I’m open to any suggestions you guys have as well. Thanks so much for your help!

(P.S. Shopping resources for everything above will be added to this post tomorrow.)

180 responses to “Baby Shower Theme – Which Do You Like?”

1. Kate says:

Let’s be honest. You obviously want the monkey theme in some capacity, else you wouldn’t have 2 of the 3 options be monkey-related. Of those 2, the mod monkey is hands down the better. Speaking of which, where did that banana leaf come from? I want to do a “Columbian Coffee” theme and those would work well!

2. Mrs YuMMie says:

I like them all but if I have to choose- the sock monkey!

3. Kimberly B. says:

I am co-hosting a babyshower with Mod Monkey theme and the colors are the same as your inspiration board so I’m baised. I love your Mod Monkey board so classic and adorable. Thanks for sharing. You are the BEST party hostess.

4. elana n. says:

love the mod monkey!

5. MelissaF says:

Love the mod monkey. So cute!

6. Of course my pick is the sock monkeys…check out my sock monkey nursery and sock monkey cupcakes…for my son Max! How funny! http://kitchendoughdough.blogspot.com/search/label/sock%20monkeys

Both of these were featured on campsockmonkey.blogspot.com…you’ve gotta see their site for adorable ideas!!!

7. Amy says:

I LOVE the Mod Monkey. Sooo cute!

8. Alison says:

sock monkey!!!

9. Patty H says:

Love them all but would choose mod monkey for my party!

10. Maggie says:

I love the traditional sock monkey!

11. katie says:

woodland forest!

12. Jennifer says:

I would love to see the woodland animals in action. I too have seen those papers and would love to see them put to use.

13. Susana says:

I love the Mod Monkey, is my favorite color combination and that blue for the monkey is outrageous!

14. carrie says:

Mod Monkey!!

15. Lesli Richards says:

I vote for the woodland theme….I’m working on the same theme for a shower for July 12th….I’d love to share ideas.

16. Karyl says:

Sock monkey!

It comes with a tested-and-true (and the key to successful parenting: replaceable!) keepsake for Max that he can play with later even if he throws his first one from his stroller onto a busy and muddy street. For example…

17. Andee says:

I would go with Mod Monkey. The other two are great, but this seems more unique and special.

18. Shannon says:

Sock monkey’s are scary. Friendly Forest is adorable!

19. Granny Jan says:

I vote traditional sock monkey!

Of course, I’m partial to the traditional red heel sock monkey since I am the resident grandma at Sock Monkey Ranch and have made over 100 of them.

Drop by if you need some inspiration… http://www.sockmonkeyranch.com

20. I would love to see them all! Funny, b/c we posted a sock monkey nursery and woodland mobiles just week. I am going to vote woodland! I would just love to see it b/c of all the unique ideas you are going to come up with. I also think it makes a great eco-friendly nursery theme!

21. Alicia says:

Mod monkey is my favorite. It’s so cute!

22. Would love to see them all eventually! But my vote is Woodland theme. Funny, as we happened to post sock monkeys and woodland mobiles this week! Can’t wait to see the results.

23. Amy says:

Granny Jan has me wanting to change my vote. The Sock Monkey Ranch is worth the visit – too funny!

24. Mandie says:

Definitely the Mod Monkey theme. Can’t wait to see all the great things you come up with.

25. mahrya says:

They are all adorable, but my vote goes to the “Woodland Creature” theme. Great colors to work with, endless possibilities… you could also go with the Max and the Wild Things slant. :)
    looking forward to whatever you do, it’s always fab!

26. JGO says:

Mod Monkey is such a fresh, and fun theme to go with!

27. woodland forest all the way! I’m so monkeyed out!!! forest animals are fresh! You could even add a little BLIK hedgehog action to the mix! http://www.whatisblik.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=B&Product_Code=BL-300WW

28. definitely sock monkey!

29. Emily says:

Love the traditional sock monkey, but they’re all great themes.

30. Chantal says:

Definitely the sock monkey theme. I love it!

31. Diana says:

i vote mod monkey, but then i love everything mod!

32. GreetQ.com says:

I love the sock monkeys and I especially love the Hello! Lucky cards. Ours just went on sale and I think this one’s great for a post shower greeting:

33. Kimberly says:

I guess I am a little biased since my baby shower was a safari theme and so I am continuing the theme into my sons 1st birthday party this weekend, so I have to go with the Mod Monkey theme.
    However, the Woodland Forest is just as precious!

34. Lacey says:

Woodland Creatures :) SO cute & original!

35. Michelle T. says:

I would have to say Mod Monkey or Sock Monkey, both super cute. I think Mod is more orginal.

36. sarah says:

sock monkey is classic.

37. i love the sock monkey!!! i just did my three year old a monkeying around birthday and we used sock monkeys for the party favor and my kids and lots of friends wore sock monkey shirts from target that were so cute!! it was so classic and fun!! good luck with the planning!!