11 Jun

Baby Shower Theme – Which Do You Like?

mod monkey baby shower

I’m co-hosting a baby shower for a friend next month and having a hard time deciding which way to go with the theme, so I thought would be fun to see which theme YOU guys would most like to see all done up & photographed for future inspiration.

Ginny is having a boy (Max) – so my first thought was to do some sort of “We’re Going Monkeys for Max!” theme. The first 2 inspiration boards below are variations of a monkey theme: Mod Monkey and (traditional) Sock Monkey. The third concept – Woodland Forest – is inspired by an adorable Colorbok scrapbook collection called “Friendly Forest“, which I’ve been antsy to use in a party setting for a while.

Anyways, here are my 3 “starter inspiration boards” – which theme do YOU like best?

mod monkey baby shower

sock monkey baby shower

woodland forest baby shower

Once the theme is chosen, I’ll work on a more extensive idea board with all the little details. I’m open to any suggestions you guys have as well. Thanks so much for your help!

(P.S. Shopping resources for everything above will be added to this post tomorrow.)

hoffeeandanuffin SAYS:

As the creator of the Red Heel sock monkey, I’m partial to the traditional sock monkey set. Too cute! I also believe that every child should have a sock monkey… and that sometimes they’re NOT scary :)

Reply June 28, 2009 at 10:48 am

Michelle Mospens @ My Personal Artist Custom Invitations SAYS:

Hello! I can’t wait to see which theme “WON”. They are all too cute! I love the traditional sock monkey, however “MOD MONKEY” is soo MODERN, the most fun and colorful!

Reply July 1, 2009 at 9:25 am

Samantha SAYS:

I am having the same issue, so I can relate! I really like your 3rd choice and now I am even inspired to possibly do the same thing. Have fun, that’s the most important part!

Reply July 2, 2009 at 5:21 pm

Ashley SAYS:

Hi, I have been looking at your website for an idea for my daughters first birthday and I really love the enchanted forest but I was also tossing around the idea of doing monkeys. I was wondering if you knew where I may be able to find monkeys like the mod monkey that you have on here but in pink instead of blue. I love all of your ideas by the way and thanks for any help that you maybe able to give me.

Reply July 22, 2009 at 5:21 pm

Candice SAYS:

Where can I find that Woodland Forest mobile??!

Reply July 24, 2009 at 10:45 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Candice – you can find the Woodland forest mobile here:

(It’s actually called “Home Sweet Home” on this site!)

Ashley –
To find the sock monkeys – go to Etsy.com and search for “sock monkey” in the search box. You’ll find tons of options – and a lot of the sellers will do custom orders if you message them. Good luck! :)

Reply July 29, 2009 at 7:22 am

Kate SAYS:

Hi! I am LOVING the woodland creatures theme! My son is turning 1 in November and I would love to use this theme. Any suggestions on decorating, favors or invites?

Reply August 3, 2009 at 8:19 am

lisa SAYS:

where did the cute monkey onesie come from? i love it and can’t find it.

Reply August 4, 2009 at 9:32 am

mandy SAYS:

easy,….mod monkey. Love it

Reply September 28, 2009 at 5:06 pm

tuyen SAYS:

could you please tell me where i can find that adorable turquoise and grey striped monkey? i love it! thank you so much!
p.s. glad you went with the woodland forest theme! soooo cute! =)

Reply May 3, 2010 at 6:07 pm

tuyen –
I found the monkey on Etsy. Here’s the link: http://www.etsy.com/listing/46085810/blue-and-turquoise-stripey-sock-monkey?ref=vt_related_2

Jenn :)

Reply May 5, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Amber SAYS:

I love the red pirate monkey card from theme B. Where did you find those? I would love to use them for my sister’s shower.

Reply January 10, 2011 at 6:55 pm