REAL PARTIES: Lollipop, Lollipop….

lollipop birthday party

Today’s Real Party feature is pretty much the cuteness. Wait… make that the sweetness!

This “Yummy Lollipop Birthday” theme was created by the ultra-creative Kim from TomKat Studio for her daughter Kate’s second birthday celebration! Everything from the invitations & decorations to the food & favors played up Kim’s colorful lollipop theme. (P.S. You can purchase a lot of this stuff in her Etsy Shop!)

lollipop birthday party

The base for the fabulous “Lollipop Cupcake Tower” pictured above is a basic, all-white cupcake stand purchased at Michael’s for around $20. I love the versatility in this item because you can use fun decorative papers to tailor it to any sort of theme!

Kim also designed cupcake toppers that read “kate’s sweet shop“, “k“, and “kate“, which were added to the some of the cupcakes via lollipop sticks.

lollipop birthday party

On the menu: Adorable marshmallow pops (inspired by Bakerella), a rainbow jello form that was stuck with a lolli stick, fruit on lollipop sticks, and pink snowballs turned lollipops…

lollipop birthday party

Pictured below: Homemade Sweet Shop Door Sign and giant lollipops made of paper plates, paper, wood dowels, cellophane & ribbon! GENIUS!

lollipop birthday party

Party favors: Themed favor tags that read “thank you for being sweet” were tied to mini swirl lollipops!

lollipop birthday party

Thanks so much for the inspiration Kim – you truly are a creative genius!

For those of you that want to recreate this theme at home – and personalize it for your own guest of honor – check out the Yummy Lollipop Birthday Party Collection at the TomKat Studio etsy shop!

35 responses to “REAL PARTIES: Lollipop, Lollipop….”

1. Gina says:

This is seriously one of the cutest themes I’ve ever seen. Great job!!

2. Kati says:

Beyond cute! (Both the party and the little girl!)

3. For goodness sakes, that is one gorgeous party! Somebody get that girl her own line of party goods already. In fact, Jen, the two of you TOGETHER could quite possibly rule the world!! :)

4. [email protected] At Home says:

Kim’s work is soooo cute. I love what she did with that plain cupcake stand!

5. jessica says:

Love this party theme! So unique and full of inspiration!

6. Thank you, ladies! I am so excited to be featured here on HWTM!

7. Shandell's says:

The cupcake tower is the best. What fun at a party for any age.

8. Jayne says:

What a fun and exciting looking celebration. I’d even throw something like this for myself!

9. Such a cute, fun theme – I love all the colors :)

10. Lauren says:

The attention to detail here is nothing short of fabulous! I just love all the food ideas too – especially the huge rainbow jello “lollipop”!

11. Kim O. says:

So freakin’ cute!!!

12. Meredith Nelson says:

Absolutely adorable as usual…..Kim is fantastic!

13. Kristi says:

Just adorable! Such simple ideas, that when put all together make for a stunningly adorable party!! Great job Kim – can’t wait to see your next party!

14. Taryn Bills says:

I am a follower of the TomKat Studio Blog. Her ideas are amazing, fun and fresh!! Everything she creates is fabulous!!!

15. Who knew that a simple lollipop could become this fabulous party theme!

16. Nicollette says:

Kim’s parties are always fabulous – I can attest since I’ve gone to most of them! I have to say that everything is even more fabulous (if that’s possible!) in person!

17. tina says:

So cute! Simple yet with just enough detail! Love her stuff!

18. Thuy says:

I love the bright colors! Makes the party atmosphere so happy and fun! And a lollipop party? Every kid’s fantasy! Love all these cute ideas!

19. rachel says:

im 12 and now having a lolipop party wat a cute theme

20. Leslie S. says:

Oh, I wish I were that creative and paid that much attention to detail. And I loved how the favors were lollipops. So simple. These days party favors seem to be getting out of control and I like how the lollipops go with the theme and the kids will love them!

21. Mrs. R. says:

This is BEYOND adorable. I <3 it :)

22. Love the 3rd picture, so cute!

23. karen says:

So sweet it makes my teeth hurt! LOL

24. Vicki says:

Kim is AMAZING!!! THe party was absolutely adorable! GREAT job!

25. Aimee says:

So Cute!!!

Can I get the recipe for that jello mold?

26. jenn s. says:

Hi Aimee –

Kim tried to post a reply to you, but for some reason it’s not working for her, so she emailed it to me instead. Here’s what she said:

Hi Aimee!

The rainbow jello ring was actually purchased premade at the grocery store! I thought it would be perfect for the party with a large lollipop stick stuck in it!

I just googled “rainbow jello ring recipe”, though and found quite a few recipes!

Good luck,
    Kim

27. Ayala says:

i am so lucky that i got across this beautiful blog, this is by far, the best design and ideas for a girl’s party. bravo!

you thought of everything and every little detail is amazing!

28. […] Shoppe theme. After Kate’s Lollipop Party hit the party blogging world, via Project Nursery, Hostess with the Mostess and dozens of other sites, it became a wildly popular theme. We have no doubt that this Fairy […]

29. Brandi says:

Where did you get her shirt made? cute :)

30. […] its founder, Kim Stoegbauer. I first “met” kim when we featured her daughter’s Lollipop birthday party way back in 2009. Several more features (and a few years!) later, I’m super excited to bring […]

31. […] before most people knew what blogs were. We connected back in 2009 when I submitted my daughter, Kate’s 2nd Birthday Party and Jenn graciously featured it. I credit much of my success to her support and the exposure she […]

32. Click here says:

Lovely Sweet Shop. That was a very nice idea and I really love it. What Kristi says is right, it was a simple ideas that when put together make an adorable party. Looking forward for your success, wishing you all the best and for the successful of your wonderful shop. :)