Eat & Drink 05.5.09

Big Screen Preview: Julie & Julia

The movie doesn’t hit theatres until August, but the trailer for Julie & Julia (as in blogger/author Julie Powell and noted chef Julia Childs) has been released and I think it looks great!

Of course it definitely doesn’t hurt that Meryl Streep and Amy Adams are in the lead roles… and I love seeing Streep & Stanley Tucci on the screen together again too (just like 2006’s The Devil Wears Prada). What do you think?

13 responses to “Big Screen Preview: Julie & Julia”

1. Erin says:

If Amy Adams is in it, I’ll see it! I’ve been a fan of hers since “Drop Dead Gorgeous” and “Junebug”. I recently saw “Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day” and I LOOOOOOOOOOVED it. The sole reason I even watched “Enchanted” was because she was in it, well that and the fact that I got to see a screening before it was released for free.

2. Casey says:

that will be a movie I will go see in the theater, it looks really good

3. Kim says:

That movie looks awesome…this is the first I have heard about it…now I can’t wait for it to come out!!

4. I can’t wait to see this! I just so happen to be reading the book (which I love) and only just found out that it’s also going to be a movie. And you really can’t go wrong with Meryl Street and Amy Adams, can you?

5. Ron says:

I believe that Amy Adams is, far and above, the most beautiful and talented young actress in the business. I would see anything she appears in. With Meryl Streep as J/C it is a must see.

6. licia says:

Fantastic! I loved the trailer! Love Meryl Streep and Amy Adams. The Tucci/Streep double act was simply magnificent in The devil wear Prada so I am sure that our expectations will be met another time around. The real story behind it seams very interesting. I loved the unshameful, dead straight, shameless approch of Julia Child to the upnosed, pretentiousness of the French cookery world. Also the painful inferiority complex of Julie and her well to do friends. Just two lost women ready to discover was life is all about. Go girls!!

7. How exciting! I just finished reading “The Tenth Muse” by Judith Jones, so I am definitely in the mood for some Julia Child. Thanks for the tip!

8. This looks so great! I love inspiring chick flicks — and with a cast like this who wouldn’t go see it?!

I loved DWP…I’m excited to see Streep and Tucci reunited!

9. Sabrina says:

Meryl Streep is a phenomenal actress, and Amy Adams–I fell in love with her in Enchanted. The cutest movie!!

I definitely have to read the book before this comes out.

10. Chris says:

Meryl Streep nailed the accent. I admit, I wasn’t sure about the book being turned into a movie at first, but now I’m really excited. Can’t wait to see it!

11. Jennifer says:

This movie looks amazing! I love that it stars two power house women!

12. alice says:

i’m excited! =) i love amy adams.

13. logan chew says: