The movie doesn’t hit theatres until August, but the trailer for Julie & Julia (as in blogger/author Julie Powell and noted chef Julia Childs) has been released and I think it looks great!

Of course it definitely doesn’t hurt that Meryl Streep and Amy Adams are in the lead roles… and I love seeing Streep & Stanley Tucci on the screen together again too (just like 2006′s The Devil Wears Prada). What do you think?

Comments 13

jenn s.

POSTED BY

Founder & Creative Director see full profile

13Comments

Erin SAYS:

If Amy Adams is in it, I’ll see it! I’ve been a fan of hers since “Drop Dead Gorgeous” and “Junebug”. I recently saw “Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day” and I LOOOOOOOOOOVED it. The sole reason I even watched “Enchanted” was because she was in it, well that and the fact that I got to see a screening before it was released for free.

Reply May 5, 2009 at 5:36 pm

Casey SAYS:

that will be a movie I will go see in the theater, it looks really good

Reply May 5, 2009 at 6:09 pm

Kim SAYS:

That movie looks awesome…this is the first I have heard about it…now I can’t wait for it to come out!!

Reply May 5, 2009 at 6:27 pm

brooke @ claremont road SAYS:

I can’t wait to see this! I just so happen to be reading the book (which I love) and only just found out that it’s also going to be a movie. And you really can’t go wrong with Meryl Street and Amy Adams, can you?

Reply May 5, 2009 at 6:35 pm

Ron SAYS:

I believe that Amy Adams is, far and above, the most beautiful and talented young actress in the business. I would see anything she appears in. With Meryl Streep as J/C it is a must see.

Reply May 6, 2009 at 3:13 am

licia SAYS:

Fantastic! I loved the trailer! Love Meryl Streep and Amy Adams. The Tucci/Streep double act was simply magnificent in The devil wear Prada so I am sure that our expectations will be met another time around. The real story behind it seams very interesting. I loved the unshameful, dead straight, shameless approch of Julia Child to the upnosed, pretentiousness of the French cookery world. Also the painful inferiority complex of Julie and her well to do friends. Just two lost women ready to discover was life is all about. Go girls!!

Reply May 6, 2009 at 4:24 am

Amanda Nicole SAYS:

How exciting! I just finished reading “The Tenth Muse” by Judith Jones, so I am definitely in the mood for some Julia Child. Thanks for the tip!

Reply May 6, 2009 at 6:17 am

Kendall @ Kendall's Entertaining Life SAYS:

This looks so great! I love inspiring chick flicks — and with a cast like this who wouldn’t go see it?!

I loved DWP…I’m excited to see Streep and Tucci reunited!

Reply May 6, 2009 at 8:07 am

Sabrina SAYS:

Meryl Streep is a phenomenal actress, and Amy Adams–I fell in love with her in Enchanted. The cutest movie!!

I definitely have to read the book before this comes out.

Reply May 6, 2009 at 8:31 am

Chris SAYS:

Meryl Streep nailed the accent. I admit, I wasn’t sure about the book being turned into a movie at first, but now I’m really excited. Can’t wait to see it!

Reply May 6, 2009 at 8:44 am

Jennifer SAYS:

This movie looks amazing! I love that it stars two power house women!

Reply May 6, 2009 at 11:55 am

alice SAYS:

i’m excited! =) i love amy adams.

Reply May 9, 2009 at 8:50 am