REAL PARTIES: “TinkerBright” Birthday

tinkerbell girls birthday party

We have a new “Real Party” for you that’s loaded with decorating inspiration for those of you that love COLOR! This is a party that Michelle Schobert threw for her daughter’s 9th birthday celebration. Keep reading for lots of pics and all the colorful details, as told by Michelle:

“My youngest daughter Courtney has had a Tinkerbell birthday party every year since she was 2. This year, as she turned nine, she still wanted to include Tinkerbell, but wanted something a little more grown up.

As a graphic designer, I created the custom invitations (pictured above) which became the jumping off point for the party décor. I designed the invitation graphic with a combination of vibrant colors, elegant swirls and small Tinkerbell image. After printing them on my home computer, I hand cut the scalloped border and added a few rhinestones for sparkle.

tinkerbell girls birthday party

In order to provide an exact match with the invitations I printed extra sheets of the striped pattern to use as a wrap for the glass candleholders…but scrapbook paper could also be used to create the same effect.

tinkerbell girls birthday party

I also custom designed the table runner to correlate with the rest of the décor. I repeated a number of patterns, a stripe, a polka dot and a floral in the same color palette to pull everything together.

tinkerbell girls birthday party

Party favors included raspberry filled dark chocolate candy bars, rainbow colored lollipops and lifesavers, all customized with wrappers commemorating the party.

tinkerbell girls birthday party

The girls enjoyed a casual sit down dinner with an abundance of simple kid-friendly food like chicken fingers, pizza square appetizers, and miniature cucumber sandwiches.

tinkerbell girls birthday party

For dessert, I tried my hand at the rainbow cake featured on HWTM. It turned out great. The simple white frosting disguised the explosion of color inside, which was a huge hit with the girls!

tinkerbell girls birthday party

After classic party games like twister and musical chairs the girls cooled off with drink of water with personalized labels and hand dipped chocolate covered marshmallows.”

tinkerbell girls birthday party

Happy 9th, Courtney!

tinkerbell girls birthday party

Thanks for the inspiration, Michelle! For additional pics of Courtney’s birthday – and lots of other creative parties, check out the HWTM Facebook Fan Photos!

tinkerbell girls birthday party

41 responses to “REAL PARTIES: “TinkerBright” Birthday”

1. I love it! What is so great about basing a theme on color like this one is, is that it is ageless. It would just as fabulous for a 16 yr old or a 40 yr old as it was for this lucky 9 yr old! Thanks so much for the great ideas!

2. Davids says:

I absolutely love it. Everything was never never landish. From the invitation to the inside of the cake. What a great birthday theme! Great job I am sure she loved it.

3. Gretchen says:

This was the BOMB!! Any girl – regardless of age – would love a party like this! I have a girls’ group and our colors are red, blue, green and yellow. This would be a fabulous way to end the club year. I am a detail person and just love the attention to details. Great ideas to borrow from!

4. So fun! What a gift to have a mom as a graphic design who can whip up all of those things. I would like to steal this entire party for me, which would work perfectly since my name is Courtney :)

5. Tiara says:

This is great! What a nice mom courtney has. I’m sure it will be very memorable for her and I love the way your cake turned out.

6. kristen h says:

Holy Crap! I LOVE THIS SITE. Shall I repeat that for you? I LOVE THIS SITE!!! LOVE IT.

I have never seen so many pretty things to inspire and awaken the mind. You have it goin’ on here! I am a full-time fan of HWTM for sure!

Thank you, thank you!

7. Jil says:

Awesome! Love all the color. I have a 13th birthday coming up, so this gives me inspiration to get started on some special party details. Thanks!

8. Kelly says:

Love the party! The table runner was so creative and what a great way to use the rainbow cake in your theme!

9. Brooke says:

Oh.

Oh, my.

I’m at a loss for words.

It’s all so…

pretty

shiny

dreamy.

Are we too close in age for you to be my mom?

{Absolutely GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing)

10. robin says:

holy crap, it’s the birthday of every little girls dreams!

11. Angeline says:

This was to cute! How did you manage to get the cake so colorful?

12. Chris says:

Beautiful!!! I love the table runner! I have a quick question for Michelle. Where did you get the tent shaped frame? I’ve never seen those in a store.

13. What a unique and very adorable idea. I am still puzzled about that cake. How did you get it to be multi-colored without running?

14. Your website is by far the BEST I have ever come across! The ideas are OVER THE TOP!!! Very hip and current and just L~O~V~E all your ideas~~plus that you SHARE with all of us!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. aleta says:

Bwahahaha the rainbow cake strikes again!!

16. Katrina says:

So, I was thinking to make cupcakes (purple only tho) with white icing for my daughters 1st. I have a couple questions tho.
    1. Is it hard to *cover* the color, or does it peek through?
    2. Is the stain ability factor very high in doing this?

17. Sarah says:

Courtney is one lucky girl! That cake looks amazingly yummy!

-Sarah from Create Studio

18. Lisa says:

LOVE this party!! Amazing!!

19. CottonColors says:

What a beautiful party! I love your ideas!

20. this is wonderful. a totally do-able, but not out of the party store party. very well done!

21. Ugh, and all I got were paper plates and cups from Wal-Mart as a child. You even custom made the water bottles! So cute.

22. FABULOUS party! I love all of the details. I can relate to a mommy who puts so much effort in her child’s birthday parties! This shows that you can do a character party without getting cheesy! Amazing job! Great photos too!

Kim – The TomKat Studio

23. * TONYA * says:

WOW. I’d love to see some of the other ones you have thrown for her.

24. Michelle says:

I love the modern take on tinkerbell.. looks amazing.

25. I think those chocolate dipped marshmallows on a stick are really cute. A great addition to a candy buffet table. Great job on a “grown up” tinkerbell theme.

26. Angelina says:

How absolutely adorable! Very practical and colorful ideas. Can’t wait to try the chocolate dipped marshmallows!

27. jenn s. says:

Katrina, Angeline & Does the Dress Fit:
    Check out the step-by-step details on the Rainbow Cake over at the Omnomicon. It should answer all of your questions!

28. […] Schobert threw this party for her daughter’s 9th birthday and it turned out amazing! Go here for the full blog. .gallery { margin: auto; } .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; […]

29. Jenn says:

This is wonderful! How do you create labels like that if you’re not a graphic designer?

30. Shay says:

that cake is supercool…everything was very pretty!

31. Debi says:

Loved this Birthday Theme. I loved the water bottle labels and candy bars. Did you buy those or make them?

Thanks
    Debi

32. jenn s. says:

Hi Debi – Michelle made all the labels herself – but you can buy customized labels at places like beau-coup.com or Etsy.com Here’s a serach for “water bottle labels” on Etsy:

good luck!
    Jenn :)

33. Tina W. says:

Great theme! What a grown up way to still throw a sweet Tinkerbell party. The details were amazing!

Can a ask a quick question – what kind of paper do you use to make the water labels?

34. Michelle Schobert says:

Thank you, so much…as for the water labels, I use a double weight matte paper. I find it at a store called “If It’s Paper”. It’s heavier than regular paper but not as thick as cardstock.

35. Elisa says:

This is the cutest! So many lovely ideas!!

36. Jamie says:

Just beautiful!

37. Maria Jimenez says:

Hi I would love to order all of these items for my daughters 2nd birthday is this possible?

38. Elaine says:

how do I re-create this table runner????…what kind of paper goods did you use to coordinate with these colors…any ideas will help. I want to do a tinkerbell/fairy party for my daughter who i going to turn one and i don’t like the generic theme they sell in the stores