Flirty “French Candy” Party Theme

french candy party theme

This Black, White, and Pink wedding theme from brides.com is also fabulous inspiration for a flirty, “French Candy” themed birthday party or bridal shower (especially a lingerie-themed shower!).

Party Decor: Flower arrangements (roses, carnations, hydrangeas, peonies), party favors, and candy treats are all pretty in pink, and black stripes & polka dots add some fun, Parisian-cafe-inspired flair…

french candy party theme

What to sip? Flirty Pink Martinis and french-inspired drinks like Chambord and Champagne, of course!

Be My Guest: Here are a few invitation ideas to help set the tone for a fun, flirty get-together:

french candy theme invitations

Pictured above: Couture Cocktails by Bonnie Marcus ($8/12 blank or $30/8 custom-printed); Engagement Silhouette ($1.30 each custom-printed); and Flirty Fun: Princess ($2.24 each custom-printed)

35 responses to “Flirty “French Candy” Party Theme”

1. Zakirah says:

WOW, truly inspirational!

2. I love the striped table cloths — I think they make the biggest statement!

3. Wow!! How mutli-mood is this?! Sexy & Cute all at the same time – great theme!!!

4. Donna says:

This will be fabulous for my friend’s 50th birthday in November. She used to live in Paris and of course, loves chocolate!

I wanted you to know that I used your “bed table” for inspiration for my Slumber party. I hope you will come by to see the post :)

5. The little gift boxes with the polka dot ribbon are the best! I love the whole pink and black theme.

6. alice says:

very pretty and parisian. love the black and white with the pink.

7. heyais says:

i love this. this is such a “chick and chic”. :) I”ll definitely be on the look out for events where I can apply these colors.

8. This is too cute of a theme. I have seen these done with a victoria secret influence. How french naughty maid is this! I love it!

9. Alicia says:

Wow! Substitute red for the pink and it would be just what I wanted for my wedding! Gotta find those beautiful tablecloths. I love it!

10. MrsC2b says:

this is so girly and chic! hmmm, how can I tie in my beach theme with this one? 60’s retro beach party, maybe?

11. Jules @ cep says:

so much fun! I love this idea for a bachelorette party dinner or lingerie shower. Naughty but cute at the same time.

12. Vanessa says:

I love this…posted about this same scheme a while back for a bridal shower! Love pink and black!

13. Andrea says:

Great article. Love the colors.Brides, see http://www.creative-theme-wedding-ideas.com
    for other theme wedding ideas

14. Whoa…no doubt that those tablecloths take center stage! The pink napkins with the monogram are way cute.

15. Megan says:

These are great! For more fun party favor ideas, check out http://www.ChocolateTreasureChest.com . Affordable party favors with free personalization.

16. Britney says:

I have been looking for the perfect shower theme for my best friend-I just found it! Thanks:)

17. Ntsikie says:

this is really beautiful!

18. nancy flores says:

This is great! I was thinking of having a tea party for my daughters in this theme. I LOVE IT!!!
    thanks for sharing..

Nancy :)

19. Emily says:

Im doing a similar party and i NEED to know where you got the table cloth

20. jenn s. says:

Hi Emily –

The tablecloths are from Party Rental Ltd. Here’s a direct link to the Prints section. Scroll to the right and you’ll see it:

21. Sheena says:

PLEASE….Where can I find those cute little cakes and the personalized napkins and those cute little cards on the candy section..

P.S. and those cute boxes with the polkadots.

thanks in advance

22. jenn s. says:

Hi Sheena –

Here’s the info I was able to gather from the article on brides.com:

The boxes are from B.T. Elements: – http://www.btelements.com

Napkins by Initial it Yours:

The programs on the candy bar were custom designed for this particular wedding by this company: http://lioninthesunps.com/

Here’s more info on the cakes:

23. asianpersuasion says:

i love this! is this a good theme for a sweet 16? i want a Night in Paris/girly sort of theme

24. […] have to admit, when I came up with my Parisian passport collection, I was inspired by and drooling over a post at Hostess With the Mostess.  It was a French theme (via Brides.com) with black and white striped […]

25. Nurit says:

A summer wedding theme can often be combined with a nature theme, giving your reception a warm, outdoorsy feel. Nature themes can range from animal-inspired weddings to beach receptions – it’s up to you! Try using seashells and sand dollars to decorate for a summer beach theme, and serve tropical-colored martinis during the cocktail reception. If you’re going for a more floral summer theme, try pairing your flower arrangements with summery citrus fruits! Yellow, pink, and orange colors will have your guests longing for the sunshine. As a creative summer wedding favor, try setting up a table full of candy jars with small bags for your guests to help themselves as they leave!

26. Sweet Candy Carrie says:

This is a great idea. Now all the party needs is some EIFFEL bonbon’s! These yummy treats would be a great addition and really goes with the theme and mood of the party!!

27. katy says:

OMG!! like like like.!!
    i lovee the colors is a great combination !!

28. Michelle says:

Awesome inspiration…Im thinking I can use alot of these ideas for my best friends bachelorette party :)

29. Rimes says:

Thank you very much!

This theme is so versatile, that I usedit for my sisters 16th aswell as hen party! Its USP is great and to everyones taste: elegant,sheek and esy to achieve!

30. […] Hostess with the Mostess featured this truly inspired shoot from Brides. The black and white tablecloths look so chic and […]

31. […] Chanel logos and purses here in there. I came across this BREATHTAKING French candy party on the Hostess with the Mostess‘ blog, it had been featured on […]

32. AYSHA says:

tres tres chick! great job.
    love the whole black white pink combo.

33. […] stylishly modern centerpieces created with mercury glass vases and pink pomanders,surrounded with dollar store black lace tea lights: weddingbee, set a regal tone with a black baroque-inspired invitation suite: kaboodle, less is more with this pale pink and black tablescape with a black cameo motif: martha stewart weddings, style icon kirsten dunst in sofia coppola’s marie-antoinette, a delicate white cake with black lace details on a textured black cake stand makes a dramatically regal statement: real simple, brightly colored macarons in matte black boxes are a fun, french-inspired wedding favor: ladurée, a few gorgeous peonies tied with a simple black and white striped ribbon make a classic “parisian” statement: style me pretty, a black and pink candy bar with a black cameo motif is another inexpensive way to bring the whimsical side of marie-antoinette to your wedding: the hostess blog […]