Fantastic Table Centerpieces (Idea Gallery)

table centerpiece ideas

One of my favorite parts of Everyday with Rachael Ray magazine is their fabulous Centerpiece of the Month segment, where they invite different people – usually with very recognizable names – to create a centerpiece design to share with readers. Luckily, these ideas are archived online, so if you’re looking for some tabletop decorating inspiration, this is a great place to start!

A few favorites are pictured here – starting with the top image – “Sock It To Me” designed by the fabulous Orla Keily – which features mix-n-match socks used as vase covers…genius!

Pictured below (clockwise from top left): “All Choked Up” by Jackie Shapiro (of French Bull fame); “Veggie Garden” by home design guru Christopher Lowell; “Spool Party” by product designer David Stark; and “Recycled Chic” by cookbook authors Matt and Ted Lee.

table centerpiece ideas

I love how adorable and easy this next idea is… “Sugar High” – fittingly designed by Dylan Lauren of Dylan’s Candy Bar – features unwrapped whirly pops and suckers sprouting from a bed of candies. (The white flower pots are from IKEA.)

table centerpiece ideas

Pictured below (clockwise from top left): Tea Time by fashion designer Liz Lange (lovely idea for Mother’s Day!); “For the Birds”  by textile designer Angela Adams; “Under Cover” by home furnishings designer Annie Selke; and “Space Balls” by set designer Derek McLane (such a fun idea for kids parties!).

table centerpiece ideas

Last but not least is this “Picture Perfect” idea by design guru Isaac Mizrahi. This centerpiece might have you doing a double take… it’s actually pictures of flowers and butterflies, cut out and clipped to a store-bought wire photo hanger. The best part about this idea… these flowers will last a LONG time!!

table centerpiece ideas

35 responses to “Fantastic Table Centerpieces (Idea Gallery)”

1. Love all the simple ideas. Simple & inexpensive seems to be the way to go during these tough economic times. Thanks for sharing these ideas!

2. Those are some great ideas! So cute!-Jen:)

3. OMG. how cute are those sock vase covers.. im definitely gonna try to make some! Doesn’t look too hard to do which is always good!!

Thanks for sharing such adorable ideas :)

-Hana @celebrations

4. Manvi says:

These are gorgeous! I love the tin vases. so clever!
    thanks!

5. The red branch with birds make my heart sing!

6. Danielle - Sui Generis Events says:

I absolutely love the Sugar High pieces. I plan to do something similar for my next kid party. Do you think it would work well for a Candy Bar at a wedding?

7. Jodi says:

These are amazing! I can’t wait to try them out. Thanks for sharing. My favorite are the Sugar High Pieces!

8. Sabina says:

So creative !! Love it!!

9. ashley says:

Love these ideas, especially “recycled chic” — thanks for sharing!

10. Thanks for the great ideas! My daughter’s LOLLIPOP birthday party is in a few weeks, and I LOVE the lollipop centerpiece! Perfect!

11. I love the simplicity of the recycled tins with flowers and the red branch with the birds is simply fabulous!

12. fornls says:

All are so nice for gifts. I liked the Tea time and Space balls, they look so beautiful and creative. Thanks.

13. So many very cute table top ideas! But those argyll socks were just too cute. But, the For the Birds was so eye catching in it’s simplicity…I don’t know too many to choose from and all great!!! I think I’ll just have to file them all away in my inspiration book.

14. Joyce says:

I actually do the centerpiece from the monthly Rachel Ray magazine and love it!

15. maggie (p&c) says:

Those sock-vase covers are tooo cute!

16. chowmama says:

[…] Apparently, Everyday with Rachel Ray does a Centerpiece of the Month with prominent designers. Here are some great food-centric centerpieces: Veggie Garden, Fresh Squeezed, All Choked Up, and Greens to Envy (via Hostess with the Mostess) […]

17. Okay, those are all amazing. I’m not good at the centerpieces. I need to get better, these are so creative! Love the daisy pots.

18. paraskevi says:

can i serve an ala carte menu at a baby shower and can i use plastic plates its a sit down meal in the evening

19. I always love looking at your blog!
    Thanks for sharing such cool stuff!

The Rhinestone Contessa

Vanessa

20. Heather says:

Love the Sugar High centerpiece, my girls would have loved that for a birthday. Second, would be space balls. Thanks for the ideas.

21. rachel says:

Hi there — Every Day with Rachael Ray is hosting a Centerpiece Contest! Unfortunately, it’s closing tonight at midnight, but if you can whip up a back-to-school-inspired centerpiece, it could be featured in the September issue of the magazine!

Hurry! Here’s the link: http://www.rachaelraymag.com/centerpiece-contest.do

22. Teena says:

I am incharge of table decorations for our speedway cabaret and I need to find something that has a car racing theme that isn’t tacky. Do you have any ideas? Thanks heaps.

23. Paula Tierney says:

Help! I’m planning a candy themed bat mitzvah for my daughter and need help with how to make candy bar centerpieces for each table. Thinking of naming each table after a specific candy bar (Snickers, Twix bars, etc) so the centerpiece would be made from that candy bar. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

24. evalena says:

this is so creative how these people make their creations.. one day i hope to be like these.. and make my creations famous..

25. rawan says:

dear friends
    could you please help me find a nice idea for a latin themed wedding centerpieces

26. Dianna says:

I love your site. Your ideas are amazing!!!!

27. julie says:

love it

28. […] Fantastic Table Centerpieces (Idea Gallery) // Hostess with the MCenterpieces & Decor … DIY: Candy Buffet Lollipop Displays REAL PARTIES: Lollipop, Lollipop…. Amy Atlas Dessert Buffets New Party Theme: Candyland Birthday HWTM & Candyland on Extra TV tonight! […]

29. camille says:

you guys are amazing its really helpfull and i will send u pic about the center pieces that i made thanks to u

30. […] Centros de mesa hechos con plantas e incluso vegetales, súper buena idea, aunque el primero no es demasiado recomendable en una celebración en la que hay niños de por medio! […]

31. Yuv Sanz says:

That cute details, I am fascinated.

32. Fhel Davis says: