HWTM > Party Inspiration > Bridal & Wedding > Bridal Showers > Pacific Weddings: Madame Butterfly

Pacific Weddings: Madame Butterfly

Quick Jump To » Vendor Credits | Comments

butterfly wedding or bridal shower ideas

I’m seriously head over heels for this gorgeous red, white, and butterfly theme from Pacific Weddings magazine! How lovely would this look be for a bridal shower too?!

butterfly wedding or bridal shower ideas

For a stunning centerpiece, tons of faux red butterflies mixed with gloriosa lilies, roses and crystals hang from a manzanita branch, and pretty party favors are created from red & black favor boxes by Midori, adorned with ribbon and embellished with the sentiment: “Je t’aime”.

butterfly wedding or bridal shower ideas

For dessert: red velvet cupcakes topped with white frosting and an edible red butterfly! You can pick up the fabulous butterfly cupcake wrappers pictured below at Estilo Weddings…

butterfly wedding or bridal shower ideas

In keeping with the theme, red Pomegranate Martinis make for the perfect signature cocktail, and the menu and invitations feature a pretty red floral design.

butterfly wedding or bridal shower ideas

Click here for full “Madame Butterfly” details – and find lots more inspiration over at PacificWeddings.com!

Vendor Credit
  • Photography by : David Murphey and Kara Matsunaga
By | 2018-02-12T18:29:49+00:00 February 18th, 2009|Bridal Showers, Weddings|32 Comments

About the Author:

JENNIFER SBRANTI is the Founder and Creative Director of Hostess with the Mostess®, a hip and modern party planning resource. HWTM brings creative entertaining ideas to light through an inspirational “how-to” website and popular daily blog. Having hosted countless celebrations herself, ranging from special occasion showers and everyday get-togethers to large events, Sbranti now shares her contemporary style and no-fuss approach to entertaining with others. Her ideas have been featured in media outlets such as People, InStyle Weddings, Life&Style, Real Simple, and Extra! TV, and she is a featured contributor for several well-respected online communities, including iVillage.com and BHG.com. Sbranti resides in San Diego with her husband {and business partner} Sonny and their sweet 1-year old daughter, Macy.

32 Comments

1. Suzanne Bastien-Adams February 18, 2009 at 12:08 pm

I must must know where those butterflies are from!

Does anyone know? I can’t seem to find the supplier!

LilithSilvermane@gmail.com

2. Jendayi Polite February 18, 2009 at 1:06 pm

I concur!! This red/white/butterfly theme is gorgeous!

3. jenn s. February 18, 2009 at 3:20 pm

Suzanne –
    I’m not sure where these exact butterflies are from, but both of these websites have TONS of great artificial butterflies:

Hope that helps!
    Jenn :)

4. Katie February 18, 2009 at 8:07 pm

Absolutely stunning!

5. Ashlee C. February 18, 2009 at 11:46 pm

I love the timing for this post. I work for Ballet West, the professional ballet company in Utah. We are in the middle of our production of Madame Butterfly!

6. Tori February 19, 2009 at 8:21 am

I love the detail in the cupcake liners…so delicate!

7. Robyn February 19, 2009 at 11:57 am

Hi Suzanne–the butterflies are from World Buyers:
    So glad you like the setting!

8. Kelli February 19, 2009 at 12:02 pm

Gorgeous and I love the ribbon {or whatever material it is} she used for the “Je t’aime” ribbons! I am always looking for sweet little things like this I can slip into my French hubby’s lunch!

9. jenifer simpson February 20, 2009 at 6:39 pm

OMG! I am in love with this theme…so amazing!

10. Sandra @ Ribbons and Favors February 22, 2009 at 8:53 pm

Beautiful…and the red and black Midori boxes are a perfect little favor box for this theme. Hats off to Pacific Weddings for sharing this.

11. Jocelyn Taylor March 11, 2009 at 5:49 pm

I am a butterfly lover and I am planning my 60th birthday party and this has inspired me. This is an elegant a presentation. Thank you so very much

12. maiooo March 15, 2009 at 9:16 am

it is greaaaaaaaaaaaaat lovely beautiful decorations

13. Loreyn March 26, 2009 at 9:59 pm

WOW! The decorations are very amazing….
    love it ^_^

14. EVE April 7, 2009 at 10:58 pm

I IN LOVE WITH THE BUTTERFLY. IAM ALSO PLANNING MY WEDDING ON 8TH AUGUST 2009.I NEED A DECOR WHO WILL BRING OUT THE BEAUTY OF THE BUTTERFLY ON MY WEDDING.
    CAN U PLEASE REFER SOMEONE TO ME IN UGANDA, EAST AFRICA?
    LET ME KNOW.
    THANKS

15. jenn s. April 8, 2009 at 7:38 am

Marie –
    It’s hard to tell from the pictures, but the branch is most likely sitting in a small vase filled with something heavy & firm like plaster of paris to keep it standing upright. Here’s another article I did on Manzanita Centerpieces over at RealSimple.com:

There’s a link towards the bottom of the article for a tutorial on how to create a sturdy base for manzanita centerpieces. Hope that helps! :)

16. Marie April 8, 2009 at 7:28 am

Can someone please tell me what the branch is sittting in?

17. Kathryn @ Australia Entertains May 20, 2009 at 3:24 pm

the butterflies are amazing. We’ve been using butterfly Christmas decorations recently for decorating baby showers, bridal showers and weddings. Buying Christmas decs out of season makes them so reasonable.

18. bella May 24, 2009 at 5:09 pm

does anyone know where i can get the branches

19. Sugar and Spice Event Design May 24, 2009 at 11:21 pm

If you add a hint of blue, you will have an interesting take on a memorial day celebration! Just a thought!

Comments are closed.