New Party Theme: Butterfly Meadow

spring butterfly bridal shower

Just added a new bridal shower to the HWTM Party Themes!  “Butterfly Meadow” features pretty winged creatures & fresh greens that are perfect for spring/summer bridal showers.

Even better, the decor for this theme is super easy to whip together, so you’ll still have plenty of time to get all that spring cleaning done before the party (lucky you!).

spring butterfly bridal shower

I couldn’t decide between a tall or low centerpiece for this table, so we decided to shoot them both. Options are a good thing, right? Click here for complete details.

spring butterfly bridal shower

36 responses to “New Party Theme: Butterfly Meadow”

1. Kim says:

Where can I find those simple white butterflies? I am planning my daughter’s 3rd birthday and I have been looking everywhere for them!! Literally! Please let me know where I can get them :) Desperate to know……

2. jenn s. says:

Hi Kim –
    Your best best is online – there are lots of craft & floral online shops that carry them. Here are a few direct links:

Butterfly Garland (I pulled this one apart to get the different sizes)

Small White Butteflies (for napkin rings)

Another good resource:

Good luck!

3. Maria says:

How tall does the vase have to be for the centerpiece?

4. Maria says:

How tall does the vase have to be for the centerpieces?

5. jenn s. says:

Maria –
    In this example we used a 20″ vase, so anything around that height or taller should work just fine.

6. Kim says:

Okay, one more question :) Where can I find rocks? Even better, how about white rocks so I don’t have to paint them. But if there are no white rocks that you know of, even something that I can paint white. And what kind of paint? Should I try checking a garden store or Home Depot etc? Thanks!!

7. Kim says:

Not sure if my post went through. Was wondering where to find white rocks. If not white, then the kind of rocks you used for the centerpieces. What kind of paint do I use to paint them white?

I also noticed the branches seem to come 48 inches high. Do you have to cut them down(is it even possible to do that) or do they seem to fit nicely in a 20 inch vase?

Thank you!!

8. Kim says:

Not sure why my posts aren’t coming through. I am looking for rocks. I cannot seem to find rocks! People seem to only have gravel or the small smooth colored stones(at Michael’s). Please let me know where I can find the rocks for this!! Thank you :)

9. jenn s. says:

Hi Kim –
    I originally purchased the ones pictured here at Pottery Barn, but it was quite a while ago. I did find these online and they both look like they would work too:

hope that helps!

10. Kim says:

Thank you for bearing with me :) Wondering if you used the sav on crafts website for the moss? Their moss doesn’t quite look the same as what it looks like in this picture.

Also I ordered 48 inch mitsumata branches but I see where you used a 20 inch vase. Did you order shorter branches or did you cut them down in size? Would you recommend that I just buy 30 inch vases then?

Thank you SO much!! This means the world to me having you give such a swift reply.

11. jenn s. says:

I actually purchased the mitsumata in-store at a local floral supply and am honestly not quite sure what the size was…but looking at these pics again – the branches look more than double the height of the vase, so there’s a good chance they are the 48″ size too. (usually they quote the tallest branch and the actual heights of each branch within the bunch vary a little) I didn’t do any cutting though – I don’t think it will be necessary for you either, which is good news :) Also the 20″ vases should be fine and will save you a little money!

I also bought the moss in-store at a local event supply shop that’s only B2B, so they don’t sell to them regular retail, but the ones at save on crafts are very similar and should work just fine! You could also use one of these versions for more “authentic” look too:

12. Kim says:

I actually called and they said a vase wouldn’t be able to be set on top of any of the moss pads being that they were too bumpy and irregular. So I suppose a vase wouldn’t be able to stand straight, it would tip over. I did call a garden shop for moss rolls but they are having a shortage right now. I might just check with individual florist shops.

13. jenn s. says:

I think I was able to get around that because of the weight of the vase – it was filled with sand and very heavy – BUT they bring up a good point. As an alternative you could probably cut a circle out of the middle of the more natural-type mats for the vase to sit in, but – yes – the flatter the moss the less of an issue that would be.

An alternative idea would be to just set the vase on a round or square charger plate and cover the plate around the vase with loose moss – something similar to this:

Still provides the same type of overall effect!

I think they even carry loose moss at Michaels.

14. Suz says:

Love the tall centerpiece, was looking for inspiration for a butterfly theme, thanks for adding such great pics.

15. […] wall, and covering them with moss to create an interesting tablescape. Then I saw this picture on the Hostess blog. And thought that might be an easier way to achieve that mossy look. I followed the resources […]