26 Feb

New Party Theme: Butterfly Meadow

spring butterfly bridal shower

Just added a new bridal shower to the HWTM Party Themes!  “Butterfly Meadow” features pretty winged creatures & fresh greens that are perfect for spring/summer bridal showers.

Even better, the decor for this theme is super easy to whip together, so you’ll still have plenty of time to get all that spring cleaning done before the party (lucky you!).

spring butterfly bridal shower

I couldn’t decide between a tall or low centerpiece for this table, so we decided to shoot them both. Options are a good thing, right? Click here for complete details.

spring butterfly bridal shower

Julianne SAYS:

I love these center pieces – uber chic!

Reply February 27, 2009 at 1:31 pm

Karli SAYS:

This is so…. summer! And I can’t wait until summer!

Reply February 27, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Jackie SAYS:

The tall center piece is stunning! I can even see this for a wedding!

Reply March 4, 2009 at 4:09 pm

Kendra @ My Insanity SAYS:

I just linked to this as an idea for a more sophisticated St. Patrick’s Day dinner. Those moss sheets are fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration!

Reply March 4, 2009 at 9:40 pm

jen SAYS:

I was wondering where I could get the moss piece from? any ideas? Thanx! Please email me!

Reply October 23, 2009 at 12:18 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

You can get the moss mats here: http://www.save-on-crafts.com/greenmoss1.html

Reply October 23, 2009 at 12:33 pm

Where can I find those simple white butterflies? I am planning my daughter’s 3rd birthday and I have been looking everywhere for them!! Literally! Please let me know where I can get them :) Desperate to know……

Reply February 15, 2010 at 9:06 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Kim –
Your best best is online – there are lots of craft & floral online shops that carry them. Here are a few direct links:

Butterfly Garland (I pulled this one apart to get the different sizes)

Small White Butteflies (for napkin rings)

Another good resource:

Good luck!

Reply February 16, 2010 at 11:41 am

Maria SAYS:

How tall does the vase have to be for the centerpiece?

Reply February 16, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Maria SAYS:

How tall does the vase have to be for the centerpieces?

Reply February 16, 2010 at 1:46 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Maria –
In this example we used a 20″ vase, so anything around that height or taller should work just fine.

Reply February 16, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Okay, one more question :) Where can I find rocks? Even better, how about white rocks so I don’t have to paint them. But if there are no white rocks that you know of, even something that I can paint white. And what kind of paint? Should I try checking a garden store or Home Depot etc? Thanks!!

Reply February 25, 2010 at 6:45 pm

Not sure if my post went through. Was wondering where to find white rocks. If not white, then the kind of rocks you used for the centerpieces. What kind of paint do I use to paint them white?

I also noticed the branches seem to come 48 inches high. Do you have to cut them down(is it even possible to do that) or do they seem to fit nicely in a 20 inch vase?

Thank you!!

Reply February 25, 2010 at 7:26 pm

Not sure why my posts aren’t coming through. I am looking for rocks. I cannot seem to find rocks! People seem to only have gravel or the small smooth colored stones(at Michael’s). Please let me know where I can find the rocks for this!! Thank you :)

Reply February 26, 2010 at 11:12 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Kim –
I originally purchased the ones pictured here at Pottery Barn, but it was quite a while ago. I did find these online and they both look like they would work too:

hope that helps!