09 Feb

Hip Hostess L.A. – Sneak Peek

Hip Hostess L.A.   Sneak Peek

Hi Everyone – I want to start the new week with an apology for the light posting last week. I was pretty much consumed with getting everything ready for Thursday’s Hip Hostess Event at the SLS Beverly Hills – and since this party was so soon after the Boston event, I’ve been having a hard time keeping up with everything…including regular posting, sleep (zzzzz), and a truckload of emails from the past few weeks!

Hip Hostess L.A.   Sneak Peek

Anyways, I’m very happy/relieved to report that the event was a success – despite the substantial rain, even-heavier-than-usual L.A. traffic (due to the weather), and very last minute swap of our party space from the hotel’s outdoor terrace to the indoor ballroom…thank goodness it was available! I actually think the ballroom worked out even better than the original space though, so these particular rain clouds really DID have a silver lining!

Hip Hostess L.A.   Sneak Peek

Given the event location and the fact that we’re right in the middle of Awards Season right now (with the Oscars coming up soon!) – we went with an “Old Hollywood Glam” theme and featured ideas for hosting an Awards Party or Red Carpet-themed bash. Many thanks to Chambord for generously sponsoring the evening!

I hope to have our own photographer’s pictures back soon to do a full recap of the event & party ideas, but in the meantime, one of our guests – who also happens to be a photographer – was kind enough to share her own photos with us so I could give you a little preview today. (Thanks again, Pamela!)

Hip Hostess L.A.   Sneak Peek

Tic-Tock Couture Florals made the fabulous – and huge – chandelier tree pictured above – and I gave tips on how to easily create a scaled-down, DIY version for at-home parties during the demonstration portion of the evening (more info on that to come soon). We also had a photo booth and life size cardboard cut-outs of Old Hollywood movie stars around the room for fun photo opps! (Cardboard cut-outs from HollywoodMegastore.com)

Hip Hostess L.A.   Sneak Peek

Pictured above: guests browsing the party decor ideas table; martini glass decked out with marabou craft boa, and a French Martini – one of the party’s 4 signature Chambord cocktails. (All feathers & feather boas from FabulousFeathers.net)

Pictured below: more shots of the decor ideas and a sneak peek of the tablescape.

Hip Hostess L.A.   Sneak Peek

Hip Hostess L.A.   Sneak Peek

Lots more images, details & cocktail recipes to come soon… please stay tuned!

Hip Hostess L.A.   Sneak Peek

{All photos by Pamela Masters Photography}

16Comments

kathryn SAYS:

very cute ideas

Reply February 9, 2009 at 12:10 am

Jill SAYS:

Everything looks so festive and glamorous! Sounds like such a fun night!

Reply February 9, 2009 at 7:18 am

Kelli SAYS:

SO sad we missed it! Between sickies and too much rain it was just too much to drive up from San Diego. I hope that you will consider throwing a Hip Hostess party in San Diego soon!

Reply February 9, 2009 at 9:39 am

chic runner SAYS:

Loved the event! Thanks for hosting such a wonderful event at such a great location! PS, I stood next to your father during your part of the presentation and it was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen, he is so proud of you. :)

Reply February 9, 2009 at 11:33 am

Ladi SAYS:

I’m really loving this color palette!!

Reply February 9, 2009 at 4:07 pm

blog.lifedesignevents.com/ SAYS:

What an event! I love that you incorporated a photo booth; perfect for any special event. Fantastic job!

Cicely

Reply February 9, 2009 at 8:46 pm

Chris Nease SAYS:

That chandelier tree is Fantastic!! Can’t wait to see more photos!

Reply February 10, 2009 at 7:04 am

alice SAYS:

thank you, jen. it was a fabulous event. my gfs and i truly enjoyed it. i have a few photos on my blog with link to some pics on flickr as well. looking forward to the next event!
~alice

Reply February 11, 2009 at 12:05 am

Res SAYS:

I can’t wait to hear the rest of the party ideas, and see the recap! This sounds like a great theme idea for my upcoming birthday party.

Reply February 11, 2009 at 8:01 am

Gina SAYS:

Hi! Im in shock with this amaizing decoration. I’m plannig my 30 now in January and the party colors are, black, red and white.. I have 2 questions for you, if you can… Where I can found in the internet the feathers in lowest price??? And the most important question, you have the imprintables of this theme???? Let me know

Reply November 30, 2009 at 1:18 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Gina –

Fabulousfeathers.net is a great online resource for purchasing feathers in bulk! http://www.fabulousfeathers.net

Just answered your question about the printables on the other post: http://blog.hwtm.com/2009/02/hip-hostess-la-photo-gallery/

Reply November 30, 2009 at 3:06 pm

TAniqua SAYS:

Your color palette and decorations are amazing! I am trying to redo the big feathertree centerpiece. What size and how many feathers did you use in the above small feather trees?

Reply February 21, 2011 at 5:18 am

Keisia SAYS:

I love this theme, its really pretty. Can you please tell me the photo you used for the Old Hollywood Sign.

Reply January 18, 2012 at 9:14 am

Party Booth USA SAYS:

The theme of this party looks awesome. http://partybooth.us/florida/

Reply August 9, 2014 at 6:41 pm