09 Feb

Hip Hostess L.A. – Sneak Peek

Chambord Hip Hostess Event

Hi Everyone – I want to start the new week with an apology for the light posting last week. I was pretty much consumed with getting everything ready for Thursday’s Hip Hostess Event at the SLS Beverly Hills – and since this party was so soon after the Boston event, I’ve been having a hard time keeping up with everything…including regular posting, sleep (zzzzz), and a truckload of emails from the past few weeks!

Chambord Hip Hostess Event

Anyways, I’m very happy/relieved to report that the event was a success – despite the substantial rain, even-heavier-than-usual L.A. traffic (due to the weather), and very last minute swap of our party space from the hotel’s outdoor terrace to the indoor ballroom…thank goodness it was available! I actually think the ballroom worked out even better than the original space though, so these particular rain clouds really DID have a silver lining!

Chambord Hip Hostess Event

Given the event location and the fact that we’re right in the middle of Awards Season right now (with the Oscars coming up soon!) – we went with an “Old Hollywood Glam” theme and featured ideas for hosting an Awards Party or Red Carpet-themed bash. Many thanks to Chambord for generously sponsoring the evening!

I hope to have our own photographer’s pictures back soon to do a full recap of the event & party ideas, but in the meantime, one of our guests – who also happens to be a photographer – was kind enough to share her own photos with us so I could give you a little preview today. (Thanks again, Pamela!)

Chambord Hip Hostess Event

Tic-Tock Couture Florals made the fabulous – and huge – chandelier tree pictured above – and I gave tips on how to easily create a scaled-down, DIY version for at-home parties during the demonstration portion of the evening (more info on that to come soon). We also had a photo booth and life size cardboard cut-outs of Old Hollywood movie stars around the room for fun photo opps! (Cardboard cut-outs from HollywoodMegastore.com)

Chambord Hip Hostess Event

Pictured above: guests browsing the party decor ideas table; martini glass decked out with marabou craft boa, and a French Martini – one of the party’s 4 signature Chambord cocktails. (All feathers & feather boas from FabulousFeathers.net)

Pictured below: more shots of the decor ideas and a sneak peek of the tablescape.

Chambord Hip Hostess Event

Chambord Hip Hostess Event

Lots more images, details & cocktail recipes to come soon… please stay tuned!

Chambord Hip Hostess Event

{All photos by Pamela Masters Photography}

16Comments

kathryn SAYS:

very cute ideas

Reply February 9, 2009 at 12:10 am

Jill SAYS:

Everything looks so festive and glamorous! Sounds like such a fun night!

Reply February 9, 2009 at 7:18 am

Kelli SAYS:

SO sad we missed it! Between sickies and too much rain it was just too much to drive up from San Diego. I hope that you will consider throwing a Hip Hostess party in San Diego soon!

Reply February 9, 2009 at 9:39 am

chic runner SAYS:

Loved the event! Thanks for hosting such a wonderful event at such a great location! PS, I stood next to your father during your part of the presentation and it was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen, he is so proud of you. :)

Reply February 9, 2009 at 11:33 am

Ladi SAYS:

I’m really loving this color palette!!

Reply February 9, 2009 at 4:07 pm

blog.lifedesignevents.com/ SAYS:

What an event! I love that you incorporated a photo booth; perfect for any special event. Fantastic job!

Cicely

Reply February 9, 2009 at 8:46 pm

Chris Nease SAYS:

That chandelier tree is Fantastic!! Can’t wait to see more photos!

Reply February 10, 2009 at 7:04 am

alice SAYS:

thank you, jen. it was a fabulous event. my gfs and i truly enjoyed it. i have a few photos on my blog with link to some pics on flickr as well. looking forward to the next event!
~alice

Reply February 11, 2009 at 12:05 am

Res SAYS:

I can’t wait to hear the rest of the party ideas, and see the recap! This sounds like a great theme idea for my upcoming birthday party.

Reply February 11, 2009 at 8:01 am

Gina SAYS:

Hi! Im in shock with this amaizing decoration. I’m plannig my 30 now in January and the party colors are, black, red and white.. I have 2 questions for you, if you can… Where I can found in the internet the feathers in lowest price??? And the most important question, you have the imprintables of this theme???? Let me know

Reply November 30, 2009 at 1:18 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Gina –

Fabulousfeathers.net is a great online resource for purchasing feathers in bulk! http://www.fabulousfeathers.net

Just answered your question about the printables on the other post: http://blog.hwtm.com/2009/02/hip-hostess-la-photo-gallery/

Reply November 30, 2009 at 3:06 pm

TAniqua SAYS:

Your color palette and decorations are amazing! I am trying to redo the big feathertree centerpiece. What size and how many feathers did you use in the above small feather trees?

Reply February 21, 2011 at 5:18 am

Keisia SAYS:

I love this theme, its really pretty. Can you please tell me the photo you used for the Old Hollywood Sign.

Reply January 18, 2012 at 9:14 am

Party Booth USA SAYS:

The theme of this party looks awesome. http://partybooth.us/florida/

Reply August 9, 2014 at 6:41 pm