REAL PARTIES: Under the Tuscan Sun Bridal Shower

Italian sunflower bridal shower theme

I’m so excited to share this latest “Real Party” feature with you… it’s a gorgeous ‘Under the Tuscan Sun” bridal shower featuring vibrant sunflowers and the rich colors of Tuscany. The hostess behind the party – Lina Wallace from A Stunning Affair – created this for shower for her sister-in-law and she did such a fantastic job…here are all the details on how she pulled everything together, as told by Lina herself:

Laura’s Bridal Shower
When my sister-in-law, Laura got engaged, I immediately started thinking about ideas for her bridal shower. I felt so honored when her bridesmaids asked me to create something that would be not only unique, but also a reflection of the bride. When compiling ideas for a theme I thought of all of Laura’s favorite things:

Favorite Color: Yellow
Favorite Food: Pizza or anything Italian
Favorite Flowers: sunflowers
Favorite Dessert: Red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting
Favorite drink: Anything with champagne =)

Italian sunflower bridal shower theme

After much thought, I ended up with an “Under the Tuscan Sun” theme for the Bridal Shower. The color scheme was based on patterned ribbon, which was purchased from The Floral Supply Syndicate. Decorative candles and containers were all bought from Moskatels in Los Angeles.

Italian sunflower bridal shower theme

The Bridal Shower was held at the Jerzy Residence (the home of her maid of honor). Upon arrival, guests walked down a pathway of sunflowers leading them to her backyard. Each place setting was topped with a sunflower that doubled as a bridal favor. All centerpieces had a Tuscan flare and also included lemons from the maid of honor’s garden.

Italian sunflower bridal shower theme

The children sat at a separate table decorated with a centerpiece of flowers and lollipops, which they took home as party favors.

Italian sunflower bridal shower theme

Guests’ first stop was at a table where they wrote “Words of Wisdom” for the bride to be. Laura is still talking about some of the comments written by her family and friends.

Italian sunflower bridal shower theme

Invitees were then greeted by hosts, (Laura’s bridesmaids) and sipped on Peach Bellinis while listening to music by Frank Sinatra, Rosemary Clooney and Louis Prima.

Italian sunflower bridal shower theme

To continue with the Tuscan theme, lunch included some of the bride’s favorites: pizza, antipasto salad and garlic rolls. Yum, yum!

Italian sunflower bridal shower theme

After lunch guests participated in a “Bridal Shower Jeopardy”. To familiarize themselves with the trivia, information cards were provided for anyone to review. Cards were discretely removed just before the game.

Laura then opened oodles of presents. My favorite was a “lady” given by the bride’s Aunt. The lady was made up of an iron for the body, a mop for the hair and an apron for her dress: practical items to be used for the home. Too cute!

Italian sunflower bridal shower theme

The delightful afternoon ended with the bride’s favorite dessert: red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting topped with a sunflower design created by Joeleen of A Sweet Design.

Italian sunflower bridal shower theme

The bride’s mother also brought strawberries dipped in a yummy cream dip, which everyone loved!

Vendor Info:

Photography: Christine Haws Photography
Flowers, Planning and Décor: A Stunning Affair
Linens and Rentals: AAA Rents and Events
Cupcakes: A Sweet Design
Invitations: Cards and Pockets

Thanks for the inspiration, Lina! The shower truly was “a stunning affair”! ;)

36 responses to “REAL PARTIES: Under the Tuscan Sun Bridal Shower”

1. Laurie says:

This is truly stunning! I’m definitely pulling some ideas from this for a bridal shower I’m hosting in March – thanks!!

2. Kelli says:

This is stunning! I love all the happy colors and the wonderful details. Wish I would have thought of this for my shower :)

3. Marsha Nadybal says:

What a beautiful setting – so cheerful and happy!
    The cupcakes, decorations and food make my mouth water! Good job!!!

4. Joanna says:

This shower is beautiful! I love the Tuscan theme, the sunflowers, the menu, everything!

5. love love love using fruit! I use lemons in floral centerpieces all the time! And have cut some up for topiaries:

6. Gorgeous!!! Makes me wish I were invited!

7. This is absolutely gorgeous! And giving me good ideas for my next dinner party.

8. Maribel says:

This is absolutely adorable!!! The decorations and theme blend in so well together. What a great way of incorporating the sunflowers, I would have never thought of it :)

9. What a wonderful display of all your hard work Lina. The photography was just stunning.

10. Maraly says:

Beautiful work. It must be hard coming up with all these wonderful ideas. Keep up the good work!

11. Carol says:

I love it, I love it, it is wonderful. I will call you for sure. My sister’s bridal shower will be in August of this year. I do not have words to express how much I liked it. I will share it with my cousin, sister and mother.

12. Dawn Strasyersbrug says:

I loved your work….the intricate detail of the flowers was phenomenal. I really liked the organization of the tables. Please provide me with prices and contact information.

13. Marcie says:

The table settings are gorgeous!!! i loved the flower details.

14. Dacia says:

So dang cute! I especially love the cupcakes!

15. Colleen says:

Oh My God, I just loved everything! I wish I was hosting a party so I could use some of your ideas and then look so creative! :) Can’t wait till more.

16. What a beautiful shower! I love the ironing board lady! She is too cute:)

17. Rebecca says:

I love it! I love it! Makes me want to move to Tuscany!

18. What a lovely color combination!! it does brighten our day and send us some warmth in this cold weather!

19. I grow sunflowers every year in my garden so this party is especially pleasing to me. Think I will adjust some of the ideas and adapt it to a summer garden party. Wonderful ideas! Thank you!

20. Sarah says:

I’m reading Under the Tuscan Sun right now and that tablescape is exactly what I picture in my head! Beautiful!

-Sarah from Create Studio

21. Celeste says:

I really love this idea. It is so bright and festive.

22. Hi Jennifer,
    This is absolutely stunning! The colors are so vibrant and lively. Your site has so many creative ideas.

Thank you so much for referring my Etsy shop to Abbie ( Abigail Tuller from Pregnancy Magazine ) for OWL themed Post It Note holder. I appreciate it!

Regards,
    Nehali.

23. I absolutely adore this beautiful theme! I love the colors used. It is so creative and fun! So fantastic!

24. KL says:

Magnifico! Bella Bella!

25. Emily says:

I love how bright and warm this layout looks!

26. Shay says:

Truly refreshing! The Tuscan theme was just absolutely beautiful.

27. […] Fui obrigada a copiar todas as fotos deste chá que estava postado no setor Real Parties do Hostessblog. […]

28. gracing says:

I am interested in “The Mop Lady” I want to make it for my daugther-in-law’s bridal shower that is in a couple of months. I can’t find the direction on how to do this Mop Lady. Will someone out there be so kind in how to do this???? Does it come with a poem to read at the sametime as well?? I am also trying to find someone who knows how to make a wish & well for the Groom(who will be my son)?? It’s a black sear garbage pale(large) one they make it look like the tux with white shirt and blow up a picture of the grooms head and it comes with a poem that i guess gets put into the bridal shower invite for the guest to buy tools from home depot,sear, or tools to b-que with or anything one can think of to get for the groom??? HELP ME< HELP ME< PLEASE????????????

29. Fleur de Lis says:

I am in the process of planning a Mother’s Day brunch with a similar look. The main centerpiece will be a huge glass vase filled with whole lemons under the water line, and then fresh sunflowers. The place settings are on round black wicker placemats with white plates, and white linen napkins tied with yellow ribbon and a sunflower. The stems of the champagne glasses will also be tied with yellow ribbons and a small sunflower. I am making gift bags for all the mothers (their gifts are cute black aprons with detachable built-in faux pearl necklaces) in black gift bags with yellow tissue paper, and a silk sunflower pushed through the paper on the bag. I’ll post pictures!

30. Lea McIntosh says:

I ran across this post! Beautiful pics and party! The details are exquisite!

31. Kelli says:

I did the napkins wrapped with a sunflower and have to say that all of the girls went crazy over it! Such great and elegant idea yet so easy to put together..

32. […] Fui obrigada a copiar todas as fotos deste chá que estava postado no setor Real Parties do Hostessblog. […]

33. jackie guynes says:

We’re using under the tuscun fun for my grandaughter’s bridal shower in July. Have gotten a lot of ideas here. Has anyone see the cheese and grapes tray in a shape of a sunflower? I saw it once but now don’t know where to go to find it. Has anyone else seen or know of any cute sunflower looking food ideas.

34. Cathey says:

Class……
    Beautiful, a lot of work and creativity when into this. I love the place setting, and the bricks under the buffet serving plates. I using these ideas for our Mother’s Day brunch (ladies only).

35. Diane Moleta says:

I absolutely love the idea! My daughter is getting married in Tuscany this summer and I am using your theme. I was if you could tell me where you purchased the vases for the flowers?

36. […] Fotos: Hostess With The Mostess […]