Theme Parties 01.26.09

Hip Hostess Series L.A. – Feb 5th!

Hip Hostess Series - LA

So… I know we just got back from Boston and I’m still working on part 2 of that recap, but our Los Angeles event is already right around the corner – next Thursday, February 5th at the new SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills!

In honor of Awards Season and the location of this event, we’re doing an “Old Hollywood Glam” theme and will be sharing tons of fun ideas for hosting your own “Red Carpet” bash at home with friends. Of course there will also be yummy food & drinks, along with a cocktail demo from Chambord’s mixologist! (Side note: Since the theme colors are red, white, & black – a lot of the decor ideas & drink recipes could easily translate for Valentine’s Day celebrations as well.)

There are 2 available time sessions: 6:30-8pm & 8:30-10pm. Registration is now open and the event is free, but space is limited, so please make sure to reserve your spot online! (Must be at least 21 to attend.)

Official invite is below…. hope to see you there!

Hip Hostess Series - LA

P.S. My advice is to come a little early (or stay late) and check out the hotel – the interior was designed by Philippe Starck and is VERY unique! I just saw it for the first time this weekend and felt like I had stepped into a grown-up Alice in Wonderland.

SLS Hotel Beverly Hills

37 responses to “Hip Hostess Series L.A. – Feb 5th!”

1. Jill says:

This event looks like so much FUN! Can’t wait!!

2. […] honor of Awards Season and the location of this event, we’re (Hostess with the Mostess) doing an “Old Hollywood Glam” theme and will be sharing tons of fun ideas for hosting your […]

3. Rebecca | Tastefully Entertaining says:

Hi Jenn,

I love your blog (it’s one of my favorites) so I’m giving you a blog LUV award. Check it out here: http://tastefullyentertaining.blogspot.com/2009/01/im-feeling-luv.html

4. Mimi says:

When are you coming to Miami again? LOL

5. karin says:

If I already registered, do I just show up at the time I indicated?

6. jenn s. says:

Karin –
    Yes – just come at the start of whichever session you signed up for or maybe a little earlier – there will be a check-in table at the entrance of the party and your name should be on the list :)

Mimi –
    Right now we’re (tentatively) set to come to Miami in April! :)

7. karalea says:

thrilled that you are doing this! registered and anticipating!

8. chic runner says:

YAY! I’m so excited to be there and you answered my question earlier (karins) thanks! Can’t wait to see you there!

9. Alice Yoo says:

Signed up! SLS is great – here’s a sneak peek.>

10. Kendall says:

Oh wow, I wish i could come! This looks like so much fun!

11. amy @ stem says:

If this hotel had a mouth, I would tell it to SHUT UP. I want to move in.

12. Chrissy says:

Please come to NYC soon! When do you plan to be in NYC?

13. I’m so excited for this – see you on the 5th!

14. please let us know when you are doing an SF event. any plans!?

15. jenn s. says:

Amy – you crack me up as always :)

Chrissy – we actually had the NY event this past September. So sorry you missed it! I hope to go back one day though. Here’s the recap of that event:

Lea – no plans for SF right now – but I’m hoping it works out! We have lots of friends & family in the area so I’d love to make it up there! :)

16. Robin says:

Just tried to register but it won’t let me select an event. Does that mean both times are full?

17. Tyna Werner says:

I tried to register as well and had the same problem with selecting an event. Is it full? Waa!

18. jenn s. says:

Robin & Tyna –

So sorry for the hassle! They actually did shut down the rsvp list because the amount of guests for each session is already well past the max capacity of the space…. but there always is a big difference in the amount of people that sign up vs. those that actually attend – so I’m going to look into things on Monday and see if it’s possible to still add a few names to the list. Keep you posted!

19. Tyna Werner says:

Jenn – thanks for the update. I’ll keep my fingers crossed!

20. Niki says:

I signed up for the event last week but didn’t get a confirmation email or anything. Is there any way to tell if I’m on the list?! I don’t want to show up and be turned away!!

21. jenn s. says:

Hi Niki –
    You should be fine – but if you tell me your last name and which session you signed up for I can double check for you!

Jenn :)

22. Niki says:

Wallace… 8:30. Thanks!!

23. karalea says:

Hey there! Registered last week and haven’t heard a word. Wondering if we will receive any email about the event prior. Thanks again for doing this! See you Thursday night!

24. karalea says:

Just read the last comment. Should have looked there first! I believe I registered for the 8:30 last name Richards. Would you mind checking for me as well?

25. karin says:

I also didnt get a confirmation. I registered for both times but will be attending the 630 session.

26. karin says:

I got a confirmation but it was in my spam email. I will attend at 630. see you all there.:)))))))))))))

27. jenn s. says:

Hi Karalea –
    I checked and you are on the Session 2 list for 3 people :)

see you soon!
    Jenn

28. karalea says:

Thanks so much!

29. Just got back from SLS – thanks for all the work you did to put together the evening. Loved your ideas and can’t wait to incorporate them into some of my parties.

30. alice says:

thanks for hosting a wonderful event, jen. all of your hard work definitely paid off. it was great meeting you and hearing your insight about planning these events (almost like a wedding, i agree!). i look forward to more events. chambord was a great sponsor! =) thanks again!

31. karalea says:

Thank you so much for hosting such a beautiful and fun event! It was fantastic!

32. Shaquitha says:

I am sorry I missed this event. Please let me know when you will have another event in LA.

33. jess says:

This event was a blast and it was nice to chat with you. Wonderful job, grazie mille! If you ever want recipe ideas, feel free to use mine : http://mozzarellamaniac.blogspot.com

34. Roz says:

I attended this evet and it was a great party. I loved it.

35. Gorgeous, just gorgeous!

36. thank you so much for hosting this beautiful and fun event! It was amazing!