09 Dec

Sneak Peek: Enchanted Fairy Birthday Party

enchanted fairy first birthday party

Update: All the pics for this theme are up on Facebook now! View them here.

Remember that “Woodland Fairy Birthday Party” that I asked for some help with a couple weeks ago? Here’s a sneak peek of how it turned out – many thanks to HWTM readers and all the fantastic ideas that you posted!

More pics of this party will be available soon, but I just got them back and couldn’t resist posting a little sneak peek right away…starting off with the most ridiculously cute pic of them all – the fairy princess herself! {above}

enchanted fairy first birthday party

After really diving into the details of this party, I realized that there are tons of routes you can take with a fairy theme… and tons of ways to bring it to life! This party ended up looking more “enchanted” than “woodland” style to me, so I’ve renamed it from the original post, but I still think it would be fun to explore the woodland-style version in the future and really play up the ivy, wood/branches, old-fashioned lanterns, fireflies, and other “Peter Pan” type elements.

enchanted fairy first birthday party

Inexpensive details like sheer ribbon, metallic pipe cleaners, and paper stars added a touch of whimsy to the place settings…

enchanted fairy first birthday party

The birthday signs matched the digital invite, and dragonflies, butterflies, twinkle lights, and giant paper “flowers” (a.k.a. Martha Stewart’s pink tissue poms) transformed the birthday girl’s backyard into an Enchanted Forest!

enchanted fairy first birthday party

How cool is this giant tree?! It’s pretty magical all on it’s own!

enchanted fairy first birthday party

LOTS more pics coming soon…stay tuned!

Divina SAYS:

Great pictures and looks like so much fun. Any ideas for a boy’s first birthday?

My son turns 1 in June and I was thinking about having a beach themed party?

Thank you.

P.S. I love your site such cute ideas.

Reply January 9, 2009 at 7:00 pm

April SAYS:

i love the invitations with the fairy and number 1 where did you get them from

Reply February 18, 2009 at 7:23 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi April –
The invitations and poster were actually custom made for the party. I purchased the individual graphics that were used in the designs (the fairy and the tree/bush) at http://www.istockphoto.com.

Reply February 18, 2009 at 7:59 am

robin Donovan SAYS:

Hi I own a children’s petting farm in georgia and I am doing a new fairy theme party. Love the picture!
would you mind if I put her on my website it just makes your heart melt! thanks robin holycowfarm.com

Reply February 27, 2009 at 6:18 am

newdawnnewday SAYS:

i was so happy to find this post. our family and most of our friends are out of state so we are having a really small party at home. i still wanted to make it special with the details. i fell in love with the images and hired someone to design a replica of the invites and poster. on the poster i had my daughter’s name included as well and even had stickers made. ours is more a fairy garden theme but your party images are really what set us of on the right path. thanks for sharing!

Reply April 8, 2009 at 6:28 pm

yalitza SAYS:

This is so beautiful. Where did you find the placemats??

Reply September 11, 2009 at 1:36 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Yalitza –
They’re actually scrapbook paper sheets – and I got them at a local scrapbook store, but also saw a couple of the designs at Michaels recently. I can’t remember the brand name, but if I can remember it or am back at Michaels soon and see it I’ll let you know!

Reply September 14, 2009 at 9:20 am

nicole SAYS:

I have done a few fairy parties for clients but the baby smile is the cherry on this party theme.
Please take a moment to visit my website for some fun ideas.

Reply October 15, 2009 at 3:55 pm

imtaz yusuf SAYS:

I loved everythign about your fairy party. Emma is turning 1 in May and I am planning to have a Fairy theme party for her. Can you tell me where you got the big green leaf, fairy houses and the gold leafs for the decoration? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Reply January 13, 2010 at 8:39 pm

zy SAYS:

I also like this! wow, you really have the talent. I hope you could share some more ideas for me for my baby’s first birthday party!

Reply October 1, 2011 at 7:17 pm