Sneak Peek: Enchanted Fairy Birthday Party

enchanted fairy first birthday party

Update: All the pics for this theme are up on Facebook now! View them here.

Remember that “Woodland Fairy Birthday Party” that I asked for some help with a couple weeks ago? Here’s a sneak peek of how it turned out – many thanks to HWTM readers and all the fantastic ideas that you posted!

More pics of this party will be available soon, but I just got them back and couldn’t resist posting a little sneak peek right away…starting off with the most ridiculously cute pic of them all – the fairy princess herself! {above}

enchanted fairy first birthday party

After really diving into the details of this party, I realized that there are tons of routes you can take with a fairy theme… and tons of ways to bring it to life! This party ended up looking more “enchanted” than “woodland” style to me, so I’ve renamed it from the original post, but I still think it would be fun to explore the woodland-style version in the future and really play up the ivy, wood/branches, old-fashioned lanterns, fireflies, and other “Peter Pan” type elements.

enchanted fairy first birthday party

Inexpensive details like sheer ribbon, metallic pipe cleaners, and paper stars added a touch of whimsy to the place settings…

enchanted fairy first birthday party

The birthday signs matched the digital invite, and dragonflies, butterflies, twinkle lights, and giant paper “flowers” (a.k.a. Martha Stewart’s pink tissue poms) transformed the birthday girl’s backyard into an Enchanted Forest!

enchanted fairy first birthday party

How cool is this giant tree?! It’s pretty magical all on it’s own!

enchanted fairy first birthday party

LOTS more pics coming soon…stay tuned!

27 responses to “Sneak Peek: Enchanted Fairy Birthday Party”

1. Dana says:

What a pretty & sweet party!!

2. Ali says:

Oh I can’t wait to see more pics! So so cute!

3. Susan says:

This party is just ADORABLE!!!!!

4. Celeste says:

That is so darling! I love the leaf with the number on it!

5. Heather says:

Oh, the photos are all adorable! I can’t wait to see more.

6. nayyiara Siddiqui or nayy says:

adorable! i can’t wait to see the rest of the photos!

7. Jessica says:

It looks soo amazing I just loved this idea cant wait to see the rest

8. Gabriela Delworth says:

Hello,

She is adorable!

~ Gabriela ~

9. Aggie says:

I wish I had a quarter of your talent

10. Sarah W. says:

That could not be any more fantastic!

11. Stephanie Mele says:

My little girl turns one in February.
    You did such an incredible job!

12. nicki says:

aaaw I love this! especially the one on the leaf, the attention to detail is superb! xx

13. * tonya * says:

yet another gorgeous party. I love it all. Amazing.

14. Cari says:

Wow! How beautiful!

I would love to know where you got everything and if you have any tips for me! I only have 2 weeks!
    Where did you get the butterflies? And it looks like the color theme was pink and green? Is that right? Thank you!

15. That was a majestic party for her.. really cute. I will be planning this kind of party favors for my baby girl. Thanks for sharing.. Really liked it

16. Divina says:

Hello,
    Great pictures and looks like so much fun. Any ideas for a boy’s first birthday?

My son turns 1 in June and I was thinking about having a beach themed party?

Thank you.

P.S. I love your site such cute ideas.

17. […] have featured Fairy birthday party ideas for kids, and now I have some more inspiration for you. Hostess With The Mostess recently showcased […]

18. April says:

i love the invitations with the fairy and number 1 where did you get them from

19. jenn s. says:

Hi April –
    The invitations and poster were actually custom made for the party. I purchased the individual graphics that were used in the designs (the fairy and the tree/bush) at http://www.istockphoto.com.

20. Hi I own a children’s petting farm in georgia and I am doing a new fairy theme party. Love the picture!
    would you mind if I put her on my website it just makes your heart melt! thanks robin holycowfarm.com

21. i was so happy to find this post. our family and most of our friends are out of state so we are having a really small party at home. i still wanted to make it special with the details. i fell in love with the images and hired someone to design a replica of the invites and poster. on the poster i had my daughter’s name included as well and even had stickers made. ours is more a fairy garden theme but your party images are really what set us of on the right path. thanks for sharing!

22. yalitza says:

This is so beautiful. Where did you find the placemats??

23. jenn s. says:

Yalitza –
    They’re actually scrapbook paper sheets – and I got them at a local scrapbook store, but also saw a couple of the designs at Michaels recently. I can’t remember the brand name, but if I can remember it or am back at Michaels soon and see it I’ll let you know!

24. nicole says:

I have done a few fairy parties for clients but the baby smile is the cherry on this party theme.
    Please take a moment to visit my website for some fun ideas.

25. imtaz yusuf says:

Hi,
    I loved everythign about your fairy party. Emma is turning 1 in May and I am planning to have a Fairy theme party for her. Can you tell me where you got the big green leaf, fairy houses and the gold leafs for the decoration? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

26. zy says:

I also like this! wow, you really have the talent. I hope you could share some more ideas for me for my baby’s first birthday party!

27. […] rest of the pictures from the Enchanted Fairy Birthday Party (see Sneak Peek from yesterday) are now up on the HWTM Facebook Page! Complete details on how to recreate this […]