23 Dec

New Year’s Greetings + 20% Off!

New Years Greetings + 20% Off!

If you’re like one of the gazillions of people that got swamped with all the holiday craziness this month and didn’t quite get to that “Send out Christmas Cards” line item on your to-do list, you’re definitely not alone! I was talking to some of my friends about this recently, and every single one of us had noticed a major scale-back in the holiday mailbox greetings this year, which we concluded was probably due in part to 2 things: 1) cutbacks in holiday budgets, and 2) the fact that Christmas was so close to Thanksgiving this year, which meant it crept up on us quicker than usual.

Some good news though – if you still want to send out holiday well-wishes, it’s really not too late… because you can always opt for a “Happy New Year” message, which is actually a great way to kick off the new year on a positive note!  The New Year’s photo card, foldover note, and address label pictured above are part of the “Sparkling Start” collection from Polka Dot Design. And more good news: Polka Dot is offering HWTM readers 20% off with the promo code “HWTM1208″! (Polka Dot’s digital photo cards only take 1-2 business days to process and start at $1.19 each.)

New Years Greetings + 20% Off!

Comments 6

jenn s.

POSTED BY

Founder & Creative Director see full profile

6Comments

Arlynn SAYS:

I love this idea, and it’s some thing we’re already looking in to… We’re totally guilty of the not getting to the holiday card item on our to-do list : )

Thanks for the post & the promo code!

~ Arlynn from Fleur De-Licious

Reply December 23, 2008 at 12:13 pm

Katie SAYS:

I like this idea too – especially because it seems like you’d have less of a chance of getting “lost in the shuffle” of all the Christmas cards that flood in earlier in the month.

Reply December 23, 2008 at 12:49 pm

Dawn SAYS:

See the cute 2009 New Year’s Stamp at Zazzle.

Reply December 23, 2008 at 3:48 pm

LillyB SAYS:

I am one that did not send out any Christmas cards. I completely forgot…not even the business cards! Good Grief! They all started rolling into the office about 2 weeks ago but by then I was up to my neck in end of the year duties and shopping for a huge family.
I think I will try to buy some cards after Christmas for next year!
Merry Christmas!

Reply December 24, 2008 at 5:56 am

MixMingleGlow SAYS:

Thanks girl! I gave myself a “pass” on Christmas cards with the specific intent to send New Years Cards instead. I just ordered mine from Polka Dot and got more than $22 off my order! So not only did it save me a little holiday stress to wait on cards, it also saved me some CASH!! HIP HIP HOORAY for me! :)

Reply December 25, 2008 at 2:04 pm

Jaime SAYS:

I’m on the same page here! I personally think the New Year cards will be a new “tradition” for me since it’s one less thing to do before Christmas, and it’s a really nice way to connect with others after the holiday hoopla winds down. These cards are beautiful!

Reply January 2, 2009 at 9:29 am