Champagne Desserts for New Year’s Eve

champagne desserts for new year's eve

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday! I took a much-needed break from the computer for a few days, which was the best Christmas present ever – it’s amazing how different the world can look after a few good nights of sleep! Speaking of which… catch some extra zzz’s tonight and tomorrow night if you can – because we all have a good excuse to skimp on them again come Wednesday!

For the next few days we’ll be focusing on some fun ideas for ringing in the new year… starting with a few dessert recipes featuring one of the key ingredients for new year’s eve celebrations: champagne, of course!

champagne desserts for new year's eve

Champagne Dessert Recipes:

1. White Peach, Cassis, and Champagne Floatsa super-easy & refreshing dessert that’s part Kir Royale, part peach parfait, and looks absolutely gorgeous!

2. Pink Grapefruit, Strawberry, and Champagne Granita with Sugared Strawberries – This granita recipe garnered rave reviews at Epicurious!

3. Champagne, Darling? Freezesfeatures lemon sorbet, champagne, and citrus vodka or limoncello…a true dessert cocktail!

4. Jelled Champagne DessertThis glass of bubbly is served with a spoon!

champagne desserts for new year's eve

5. Champagne Granita by Bobby Flay
(Key Ingredients: champagne, sugar & lemons)

6. Champagne Infused Strawberry Soup by Marcus Samuelson
(key ingredients: strawberries, champagne, lemon, mint leaves, & lime sorbet)

7. Non-alcoholic “Champagne” Chocolate Mousse by Rachael Ray
(Key Ingredients:  chocolate chips, sparkling white grape juice, heavy cream)

***

ENJOY!

14 responses to “Champagne Desserts for New Year’s Eve”

1. Emily F says:

I can’t wait to try the chocolate mousse recipe. I don’t drink alcohol so it’s exciting to see something fun and yummy like this for New Year’s EveE!

2. jenn s. says:

Emily –
    You can also substitute club soda for the champagne in the “Jelled Champagne Dessert” to make it non-alcoholic.

Club soda, sparkling cider, or lemon-lime soda are actually great substitutes for champagne whenever you want to turn a “cocktail” recipe into a “mocktail”! :)

3. Tori says:

LOVE the ideas! Who new Champagne could be so versatile? Especially love the non-alcohol version…great for the kiddos!

4. Colleen says:

i will be trying these all out, i’m so excited

5. Aggie says:

Even though I don’t know my way around a kitchen, these seem easy enough where I can attempt it. You always have such great stuff!

6. Annette says:

Yummy! Love those champagne floats!

7. Krista says:

Love these ideas! I was looking for something special for our new years party… this will be perfect!!

8. All the recipes look tasty. I will keep in mind the Champagne Infused Strawberry Soup and the Pink Grapefruit, Strawberry, and Champagne Granita.

9. I wish I had seen this in time to prep my holiday party.

The Champagne floats look delish!

10. Anne says:

OH! Tasty! I am so trying the granita recipe. Can’t wait!

11. Emily says:

These look YUMMY! Prosecco is a favorite of mine instead of champagne. It’s an Italian sparkling wine that delicious!

12. These looks so yummy and tasty.

13. […] Hostess with the Mostess: Champagne Floats and Champagne Granita […]