Baby Showers 12.4.08

Baby Shower Theme: Big Top Baby

big top circus baby shower

This “Big Top Baby Shower” is another one of the baby shower ideas that I worked on for – and it’s also the one that I’m dying to actually try out the most! Chicken fingers and cotton candy at a baby shower? Why not?! You can still make the shower look chic… it’s all about the presentation – and it’s always fun to throw something unexpected at your guests!

There are tons of fun ways to play up a circus theme in general, as well as ways to make it even more “baby shower specific”. For example, add some super-cute plush lions, monkeys, and elephants (which can double as gifts for baby after the party) or mix in some themed baby items like circus-print onesies or this fun Circus Pals Table Feeding Set by Skip Hop.

For more details, check out the full article on – and feel free to add more ideas here!

15 responses to “Baby Shower Theme: Big Top Baby”

1. Karen says:

I would be SO excited to arrive at a “unique” baby shower like this! I’ll take yummy chicken fingers and cotton candy over finger sandwiches and yet another sheet cake any day!!!

2. Alina says:

Great theme idea! Love that it isn’t too cutesy and could be tailored for boy or girl.

3. How fun. I love the departure from the typical shower colors. This totally fun looking!

4. We did a jungle themed baby shower for my SIL, because that was the nursery decor. We used giant stuffed animals and a giraffe rocking horse from Cost Plus (that was a gift for the baby) as decor. I think a themed shower is fun! In our case, it helped guests to pick gifts, since they knew the nursery theme.
    ( )

I totally agree with throwing in something unexpected, but maybe that is because I get bored easily.

What I’m trying to say is that this looks like a lot of fun!

5. Oh yeah, I smell popcorn and snowcones to go along with this. Okay maybe I don’t smell snowcones – but I would if they smelled!! This such a great theme not only for a baby shower but a childrens party.

6. Fretzie says:

Wow!The food looks great for a big top baby shower.

7. Kim O. says:

LOVE this! So cute! And what expectant mom wouldn’t be so excited to eat chicken fingers and cotton candy??? Great idea:)

8. Julie says:

It would be so fun to have this party outside and rent one of those big white backyard tents and maybe even hang red curtains from it if you really want to go all out! (and if you have the budget for it!)

9. Jill says:

The place settings with the “ticket” napkin rings are so fun! Love the big lollipops too!

10. It is adorable and cleverly done. You wish to be invited.

To continue on your idea to add plush circus animals, I like to add a circus theme mobile or a wooden circus animal in front of each place setting. I have a thing for wooden traditional toys. They make ideal gifts to decorate the nursery and once the baby became a toddler, your decor transforms into toys.

11. Love this shower theme – its great because its gender neutral – so many women aren’t finding out these days. Love all your themes!

12. celestina ballerina says:

this is SUCH a fun idea! can’t wait till another pregnant friends comes along, I’d love to host something like this… just my style!

13. I just posted another fun and modern baby shower theme on my blog that your readers might enjoy.

14. Alejandra says:

This Is the theme that I’m trying to do for my baby shower!! I LOVE IT!!

15. ApresFete says:

I love this. Ever since Miranda wanted fried chicken at her baby shower on SATC, I’ve been very into the idea of alternative showers. In fact, this weekend I hosted a shower and pulled pork sandwiches. I think people like the unexpected.