Ribbon has always been one of my favorite tools for dressing things up without breaking the bank. Use it to create a makeshift table runner, tie napkins, or to transform your everyday serveware or home decor into pieces that perfectly match your party theme. Example: everday white vase + red ribbon = instant “candy cane” container!
Better Homes & Gardens has a fabulous gallery called “Easy Holiday Decorating with Ribbon” that’s full of fun ideas like this! Favorites pictured here include:
1. Ribbon Table Runner - (Budget tip: use fabric or gift wrap paper for the widest piece)
2. Ribbon-Accented Table Setting – Another option is to put the ribbon under the main plate so that it’s only covering the charger, which won’t require removal to eat!
3. Elegant Ribbon Roses – made from 5-inch wide wired ribbon
1. Ribbon Tray – easy, DIY holiday serveware!
2. “Package Tree” - empty boxes + your favorite wrapping paper & ribbon = endless possibilities! Shredded tissue paper or feather boa makes a festive “base” for the tree.
3. Simple Holiday Artwork - made from blank artist canvases painted your favorite color + strips of accent ribbon!
4. X Marks the Spot - a super simple idea that makes a huge impact!
1. Ribbon Embellished Lampshade – (Pick up inexpensive lamp shades to decorate at places like IKEA or Target)
3. Ribbon Photo Frames - have fun with your favorite photos!
2. Floating Ball Ornament Tree – made with a tension rod, ribbon, & ball ornaments