New Photo Gallery: Alison’s Baby Shower

bird baby shower

Photos of the decor from Alison Sweeney’s baby shower are now up on the HWTM Facebook page! All the details for how to recreate the theme will be up in the baby shower themes section by the end of the month, but in the meantime, feel free to ask questions either here or in the photo gallery!

bird baby shower

For more info on Alison’s shower (hosted by Hot Mom’s Club & benefitting St. Jude Children’s Hospital), check out the Celebrity Baby Blog recap, or the previous posts here at hwtm: Shower Sneak Peek & Diaper Cake details.

alison sweeney baby shower

40 responses to “New Photo Gallery: Alison’s Baby Shower”

1. jenn s. says:

Hi Joanne –
    I got the bird houses at Michaels – they were just plain wood so I gave them 2 coats of craft paint, then added a some scrapbook paper to dress them up. It was fun! :)

2. ariana says:

I love this baby shower theme and intend to have it for my baby shower. I was wondering where you got the scrapbook paper. thanks so much!!

3. Linda Leeman says:

Hi again Jenn,
    I just purchased the bird houses at Michael’s. Just wondering what type of glue/adhesive you used to add the scrapbook paper. For our bird theme baby shower we also used the American Crafts line of paper. We went with the Everyday line. Love the modern colors, brown, blue, orange, pea green with enough pink to still keep it girly…. Again, thanks for all the great ideas.

4. Jen says:

Help! I’m throwing a baby shower with this theme. Where can I find cute vases for the ostrich feathers?

5. jenn s. says:

Hi Jen –
    All of the vases we used at Alison’s shower were purchased at IKEA – and they were still there as of a week ago. Do you have an IKEA near you? If not, places like Target, Home Goods, and Michaels are also great places to shop for cute, affordable vases!

Linda –
    I am just seeing your last comment for the first time – sorry about that! :0 I’m assuming you already had the shower, but just in case – to answer your question – we used both a regular glue stick and Elmer’s craft spray glue to add the paper to the chipboard pieces. Both worked well… the spray glue gave the best coverage though. Hope the party was a success! :)

6. jenn s. says:

Ariana –
    I got the scrapbook paper at a local store in San Diego called Cool Scrapbook Stuff, but the brand name is American Crafts™, so you can search for it online as well!

7. Linda L. says:

Hi Jenn,
    Thanks for getting back to me about the birdhouses. I ended up using a really good gluestick to add the paper to the birdhouses and the chipboard birds. And yes, the shower was a super great success. We were able to take all of your ideas and run with them. We purchased the cookie cutter from Sunflower Baking and made all the cookies in colors to match the paper, we improvised on our own version of the modern diaper cake, along with the colorful birdhouses, flowers, etc. We even cut wood slices from an old tree and used them to set the birdhouses and flower arrangements on. Everyone was really impressed. Wish you could have seen the pictures. Thanks again for all your help.

8. Jen says:

One more question…how did you do the cute little signs (congratulations, thank you, etc.)? I’m trying to figure out how to emphasie the mama bird/baby bird theme (not just a bird theme). Thanks so much for your help!

9. Melissa says:

Hi!! I just wanted to thank you for giving me the inspiration for a baby shower idea. The mama bird theme was a hit. Check it out when you have

10. ney says:

I was searching for a bird themed party and stumbled in your blog site.
    I was wondering how you made the “thanks” card as well as the “baby girl” card. I really like its cuteness. Would you mind telling me how you did it?

11. Monay Matthews says:

12. jenn s. says:

Hi Monay –
    I can send that file to you. Do you have Adobe Illustrator? You’ll need that to modify it at all. If not, I can send a PDF or jpeg, but the colors will be the exact same as what you see here!

13. ney says:

Hi Ms. Jenn!

My baby girl will have her baptism next month and I really love the “Thanks”, “Little one”, and “Welcome” signs. Would you mind telling me how you did those?

14. jenn s. says:

Hi Ney –
    I actually created those myself in Adobe Illustrator. Do you want me to email them to you?

15. Tammy Corley says:

Where could I purchase the bird diaper cake?

16. jenn s. says:

Hi Tammy –

I actually made the cake myself. Here’s a link to the tutorial on it:

Hope that helps!

17. Lisa says:

Hi Jenn,

Can you also send me the Thank you card template when you have a moment? Thanks so much! Lisa

18. Megann says:

I am very inspired by all of the bird themed baby shower ideas. I am throwing a shower for my best friend in this theme in a few weeks. Can you send me the thanks, baby girl, and welcome signs by email as well? Thank-you sooooo much!

19. […] receiving many inquiries about the framed signs & posters from Alison Sweeney’s Momma Bird Baby Shower theme, I’ve decided to make things easy and offer them here in {free} downloadable format. […]

20. […] “baby showers” because some of these designs would work great for a Modern Nesting or Momma Bird baby shower theme […]