18 Nov

New Photo Gallery: Alison’s Baby Shower

bird baby shower

Photos of the decor from Alison Sweeney’s baby shower are now up on the HWTM Facebook page! All the details for how to recreate the theme will be up in the baby shower themes section by the end of the month, but in the meantime, feel free to ask questions either here or in the photo gallery!

bird baby shower

For more info on Alison’s shower (hosted by Hot Mom’s Club & benefitting St. Jude Children’s Hospital), check out the Celebrity Baby Blog recap, or the previous posts here at hwtm: Shower Sneak Peek & Diaper Cake details.

alison sweeney baby shower

Christina SAYS:

So adorable … The colors are so perfect.

Reply January 19, 2009 at 10:09 am

Linda SAYS:

My daughter and I are planning a baby shower with the bird theme. Thanks for all the adorable ideas. I especially love the little twig (or is it wire) birds. I would love to know where I can get them and the adorable bird cookies or at the very least where I could purchase the cookie cutter. Thanks so much………….

Reply January 23, 2009 at 6:49 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Linda –

The little wire/twig birds are from Target (in the candle aisle) and the bird cookies were custom made by Sunflower Baking in L.A., so you actually can order them – or she will create/sell custom cookie cutters too :)

Just mention you want the same design created for Alison Sweeney’s shower. Here’s the link to her website – she’s really nice!

Reply January 24, 2009 at 4:39 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

I just realized she actually has a link to the exact cookies on her site! Here you go:

Reply January 24, 2009 at 4:40 pm

joanne cheng SAYS:

i love this theme and want to use it for a baby shower that i am throwing. where did you get the bird houses?

Reply January 28, 2009 at 5:25 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Joanne –
I got the bird houses at Michaels – they were just plain wood so I gave them 2 coats of craft paint, then added a some scrapbook paper to dress them up. It was fun! :)

Reply January 28, 2009 at 7:28 am

ariana SAYS:

I love this baby shower theme and intend to have it for my baby shower. I was wondering where you got the scrapbook paper. thanks so much!!

Reply February 5, 2009 at 4:18 pm

Linda Leeman SAYS:

Hi again Jenn,
I just purchased the bird houses at Michael’s. Just wondering what type of glue/adhesive you used to add the scrapbook paper. For our bird theme baby shower we also used the American Crafts line of paper. We went with the Everyday line. Love the modern colors, brown, blue, orange, pea green with enough pink to still keep it girly…. Again, thanks for all the great ideas.

Reply February 6, 2009 at 9:18 am

Help! I’m throwing a baby shower with this theme. Where can I find cute vases for the ostrich feathers?

Reply March 16, 2009 at 2:54 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Jen –
All of the vases we used at Alison’s shower were purchased at IKEA – and they were still there as of a week ago. Do you have an IKEA near you? If not, places like Target, Home Goods, and Michaels are also great places to shop for cute, affordable vases!

Linda –
I am just seeing your last comment for the first time – sorry about that! :0 I’m assuming you already had the shower, but just in case – to answer your question – we used both a regular glue stick and Elmer’s craft spray glue to add the paper to the chipboard pieces. Both worked well… the spray glue gave the best coverage though. Hope the party was a success! :)

Reply March 16, 2009 at 6:12 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Ariana –
I got the scrapbook paper at a local store in San Diego called Cool Scrapbook Stuff, but the brand name is American Crafts™, so you can search for it online as well!

Reply March 18, 2009 at 8:59 am

Linda L. SAYS:

Hi Jenn,
Thanks for getting back to me about the birdhouses. I ended up using a really good gluestick to add the paper to the birdhouses and the chipboard birds. And yes, the shower was a super great success. We were able to take all of your ideas and run with them. We purchased the cookie cutter from Sunflower Baking and made all the cookies in colors to match the paper, we improvised on our own version of the modern diaper cake, along with the colorful birdhouses, flowers, etc. We even cut wood slices from an old tree and used them to set the birdhouses and flower arrangements on. Everyone was really impressed. Wish you could have seen the pictures. Thanks again for all your help.

Reply March 18, 2009 at 10:48 am

One more question…how did you do the cute little signs (congratulations, thank you, etc.)? I’m trying to figure out how to emphasie the mama bird/baby bird theme (not just a bird theme). Thanks so much for your help!

Reply March 19, 2009 at 2:44 am

Melissa SAYS:

Hi!! I just wanted to thank you for giving me the inspiration for a baby shower idea. The mama bird theme was a hit. Check it out when you have time.www.chasingspayde.blogspot.com

Reply April 17, 2009 at 8:16 am

ney SAYS:

I was searching for a bird themed party and stumbled in your blog site.
I was wondering how you made the “thanks” card as well as the “baby girl” card. I really like its cuteness. Would you mind telling me how you did it?

Reply August 24, 2009 at 4:44 pm