It feels like most of the Thanksgiving-related entertaining and decorating ideas/articles I come across are very “country harvest” oriented and all start to look the same, but there are definitely some more modern, outside-the-box ideas to be found within seasonal “Real Wedding” galleries… thank goodness!
I’ve bookmarked a few cool ones to share with you over the next couple weeks, starting with this first shot of inspiration from a gorgeous autumn wedding featured on brides.com…
Style Steal Tips for Home Celebrations:
- Paper lanterns in various shades of orange like mango & peach create a festive feel on a small budget!
- Decorate the table with a variety of colorful orange, yellow, and green florals like calla lilies, tulips, freesia, hydrangea and dahlias. Mix them with autumn leaves & foliage for a season-specific look.
- Instead of a “singular centerpiece”, create a beautiful multiple-arrangement table display. Set out one or more tall arrangements displayed in large trumpet vases, accented by several smaller arrangements displayed in everyday glass stemware or inexpensive bud vases. (More images of this design are pictured below.)
- Add a splash of bright yellow to place setting menus and other food/drink/decorative display signs.
- Use small green apples (real or faux) as “place cards” for your table settings. Write each guest’s name on a paper leaf.
- Rent (or purchase) harvest-orange table linens for a big punch of color. Fold napkins “pocket style” and insert a menu card and/or decorative leaf into the fold.
Here’s a wider-angle shot of the entire table design, and a close up the smaller arrangements:
- photos by: Vallentyne Photography