Hi! I’m Rebecca Goering, author of Tastefully Entertaining, a blog providing ideas and inspiration for planning memorable events. I am so thrilled to have the opportunity to guest post for HWTM today!
I’ve been extremely intrigued by the color gray lately. It’s sophisticated, chic and compliments so many other colors – orange, green, white, blue, pink and lilac (just to name a few). Today I’ve chosen a palette of gray and lilac for an elegant evening bridal shower. Though bridal showers often occur in the afternoon why not host an nighttime gathering and take advantage of the glimmer of candlelight and the energy of evening.
- Lovely table setting and room décor featuring gray linens, a chocolate table runner, square white plates, white candles and a lilac floral centerpiece
- This gray Adrianna Papell dress is perfect for the bride-to-be
- Mini cupcakes covered with white icing and flavored sugars for a unique sweet ending
- Lilac celery glasses are great for floral arrangements, candies or serving desserts
- lavender satin heels by Glamour Original, accented with purple stone and pearl brooches. [via theknot.com – must be logged into their site to access the original page]
- Try this grape spritzer for a color-coordinated cocktail
- Letterpress invitation with a lilac antique lace design and grey text by Dauphine Press
- Lilac, purple and grey favors adorned with an intricate ribbon in a contrasting shade [via Elizabeth Anne Designs]
- Add some ambiance with votive candles in glass globes reminiscent of vintage candy canisters [via Elizabeth Anne Designs]
Thanks for the gorgeous inspiration, Rebecca! Be sure to check out Tastefully Entertaining for more great mood boards like this!