I feel like I great advice from people all the time – but I wish I was better at implementing it!
A while back, blogging guru Grace Bonney from design*sponge (just a wee little blog… perhaps you’ve heard of it? *wink*) suggested that I start doing a “weekly wrap-up” post on Fridays so that readers can better see that the blog covers a wider variety of topics than what happens to be on the index page at the time (i.e. “Halloween”).
Well, cut to several months later, and I’ve discovered that it can be just as hard to adopt new habits as it is to break old ones…sigh. But, as they say, there’s no time like the present, right?!
So, without further adieu, here is the first of what I hope is many “Weekly Round-Up” posts here at HWTM…which will be recaps of posts & ideas both here and ’round the web… please feel free to hold me accountable to this new habit if you find me slipping!
• Exciting News: CosmoGirl feature! (November issue) See it here.
• Creative Celebration: Portrait Party by Kati Driscoll
• Upcoming Events: Hip Hostess Halloween Party – Next Thursday, Oct 23rd!
• Party Girl Guide: Halloween Cocktails
• Have a Good Laugh: Anne Taintor Products
• Fall-tastic Giveaway: Indie Fixx Autumn Cornocopia Giveaway
• Baby Shower Idea (Multiples): Sweet Peas
• Pick Your Flavor: McCain or Obama
• Food for Thought: Modern Apple Harvest Party by Kim Vallee, Apple-flavored Cocktails, Delicious Apple Desserts
And Coming Up Next Week…
New HWTM Giveaway, fun guest blogs, Halloween craft projects & DIY party decorations, NEW Real-Life Parties, Dine by Design recap, and more! See you soon!