Trick or Treat…

halloween candy buffet

…emphasis on the “treat“! Here’s some inspirational Halloween eye-candy for you from the fabulous Amy Atlas Events… How genius is the huge “tree” they created using branches, tons of *Orange Paper Daisies ($1.99 – $2.15 each at *luna bazaar), and Haribo Black Licorice Wheels as “ornaments”?!

halloween candy buffet

These cute little ghost pops remind me of something that Bakerella might whip up…

halloween candy buffet

I’m also loving these candy-filled paper pumpkins (below), which look pretty easy to replicate using small orange paper bags and black tape – or you could purchase Martha Stewart’s Pumpkin Favor Bags kit for a similar look that’s ready to go!

halloween candy buffet

*Tips & Ideas:
Luna Bazaar (which carries the Orange Paper Daisies used for the “tree”) is currently offering HWTM  readers a 20% discount on all purchases with the code “HB1031“.
Candywarehouse.com has a huge selection of bulk Halloween Candy available.
• Check the produce section of your local grocery store for DIY caramel apple kits, which are available seasonally. Drizzle or pipe melted chocolate onto the apples to give them the same look as the apples pictured above.

20 responses to “Trick or Treat…”

1. Katherine says:

Love it!! Makes me want to throw a party of my own. Now just to find someone to pay for it :)

2. Kylee says:

Where can I find the recipe for the all sweet treats shown??

3. jenn s. says:

Hi Kylee –

The recipes aren’t available at Amy Atlas – I think she actually purchases a lot of treats used in her buffets, but you can find recipes for cake pops like the ghost and pumpkin versions shown here at bakerella.com.

Martha Stewart also has a fantastic “Eerie Edibles” gallery with TONS of fun ideas for themed Halloween treats like these – complete with recipes & directions! Here’s the direct link to the gallery.

Hope that helps!
    Jenn :)

4. Jessica says:

Oh my goodness, I’m in love with that tree!!!

5. […] Hostess with the Mostess is a genius, I’m sure we can all agree. She has a fantastic Halloween Buffett Table featured on her site with awesome decorating and treat ideas. […]

6. Sonia says:

I heart your blog!!

I found your blog about a week ago off a link on Martha Stewart’s blog…I’ve been checking your blog twice a day!

Cake popsicles — are you kidding me?? They are wicked cute! I’m making them for my Halloween party!

7. wow – simply gorgeous! I wish I had the talent (not to mention the time) to put together a spread like that!

8. Kylee says:

yes thank you so much!

9. kristin says:

aweeee this makes me wish i were throwing a halloween party!!!

10. Audrey says:

Love it! Halloween is my favorite holiday and this buffet table just reiterates why!

11. Jon Prince says:

Cool article!

If you wanted to browse one of the largest selections of candy online, you can always visit CandyFavorites.com

Orders over $75 ship for FREE and our Halloween Candy selection is second to none and is avaialble year round!

Happy Halloween!

Jon Prince

12. Fantastic ideas! Love the ghost pops! They are sooo cute. And the pumpkin candy bags are simple and fabulous looking!

13. teri says:

That tree is awesome! Amy Atlas is such a talent.

14. Brooke says:

I want to nibble on those adorable ghost pops!

15. Mar says:

Thank you for the Luna Bazaar coupon code!

16. candycandycandy says:

While this is not as creative as the ideas in this section, this candy mix is gorgeous and it has all the candy dish classics in one mix. I usually just put it in a candy dish or a pumpkin bowl and that alone adds a small festive touch.

17. […]  hostessblog edenbridals heavenlyinvites hellobeautiful table4decorpartydesign onewed.com […]

18. Jess Cleary says:

I Love how crafty you are! GREAT JOB :)