14 Oct

Baby Shower Theme: Sweet Peas

multiples baby shower

I feel like I hear about more and more cases of twins & triplets these days… maybe I’m just noticing it more now, or maybe it really has increased – but either way, it seems that there’s definitely a need for some good baby shower ideas for multiples!

Sweet Peas” is one of the baby shower themes I created for Parents.com that works for twins, triplets…or more! “2 Peas in a Pod” is already a common theme for twins, but there didn’t seem to be a ton of cool readymade party supplies available for this theme, so it seemed prime for a modern makeover! Click here for full details.

Comments 17

jenn s.

POSTED BY

Founder & Creative Director see full profile

17Comments

Jeanine SAYS:

Actually I found a sweet pea baby shower theme that I have never seen any other website do so cute!!!

October 14, 2008 at 8:57 am

Lisa R. SAYS:

This is truly adorable! I especially love the flower arrangement with the soybeans as filler!

October 14, 2008 at 9:22 am

Kelli SAYS:

Adorable! I have a friend who is prego with triplets… I might just have to use some of these cute ideas for her shower!

October 14, 2008 at 9:42 am

Ini SAYS:

love it love it love it! makes me wanna have twins so i can plan this for myself! LOL … wait, i can’t believe i just said that :-O

October 14, 2008 at 10:52 am

Andrea D. SAYS:

i really liked this, you definitely gave it a modern appeal! the menu is perfect (don’t we all know of an easy pasta dish with peas- good idea!) and i loved the little washcothe soap favors.

October 14, 2008 at 11:32 am

Tabitha (From Single to Married) SAYS:

so incredibly cute!!

October 14, 2008 at 12:39 pm

teresa SAYS:

Another great idea!
Have you ever tried Ina Garten’s pasta, pesto, and peas? It’s yummy and would go great with the theme!

October 14, 2008 at 3:14 pm

Joanna (hostessjo.com) SAYS:

What a cute idea!

October 14, 2008 at 4:22 pm

Dana SAYS:

I love this theme!

October 14, 2008 at 7:55 pm

Renee SAYS:

It does seem that there are more cases of twins these days, both locally and in Hollywood. This is a great theme idea for 2 peas in a pod. I love it!

October 15, 2008 at 6:17 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Teresa –
I haven’t tried that recipe yet, but I just looked it up and it looks delicious!

Here’s a link to the recipe if anyone else wants to try it out:

It’s received 5 out of 5 stars from the 119 reader reviews, so it sounds like a pretty safe bet! :)

October 15, 2008 at 3:26 pm

Sarah SAYS:

Are the soybeans in the flower arrangement real?

October 16, 2008 at 2:42 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Sarah –
The “soybeans” are actually jelly beans :) Parents.com did the photo shoot, and they used kiwi flavor jelly bellies as the “beans”:

October 16, 2008 at 3:06 pm

Sarah SAYS:

Thanks Jenn

October 27, 2008 at 11:03 am

Danielle SAYS:

I cannot find these green soaps anywhere!!! Do you know where I can find them or what they are called to google them? I’ve tried everything!

December 4, 2008 at 8:23 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Danielle –
It looks like the place that made them when we wrote the article doesn’t have them listed any more :( They’re actually an etsy shop and they are still around, so maybe you could contact them directly and see if they’d be willing to make them again – or possibly tell you where you could purchase the small round glycerin soaps? Here’s the link to their store:

and a direct link to the favors page on the parents.com article if you want to include that in the email:

You could also try googling “round glycerin soaps”.

As an alternative option, this etsy shop also makes “peas in a pod” soap favors:

Good luck!

December 4, 2008 at 9:11 am
Apologies, commenting is now disabled for this post.