If you’ve been here before, you might notice that a few things have changed… (if it still looks the same, try refreshing the page). We’ve been hard working on the new template for a while now…and hope that you like what you see! Here’s a list of the 10 main changes:
1. in the spotlight – new section at top where favorite articles, blog posts, and other features from throughout the entire hwtm site will be highlighted and changed weekly.
2. popular posts – new sidebar section where the most visited posts from the past month are highlighted for quick reference
3. recent comments – new sidebar section where the most current chatter appears
4. archive/search results thumbnails – little pics on post listing pages to make your searches easier. See an example now. (this applies to recent posts & future ones…might be difficult to go back and upload thumbnails for all previous 876 posts though…!)
5. categories – new hide/expand functionality so you have more categories at your finger tips, but without taking up too much space. (expand function currently being updated – should be live soon)
6. archives – new hide/expand functionality for easy reference
7. hwtm around the web – quick links to other places you can regularly find hwtm content (flickr just now getting going – more to come soon).
8. entertaining ideas archives – we’ve had tips to great articles around the web & blogosphere before (formerly known as “fab reads”), but they’ve always disappeared as new ones rotate in. From here on out, the featured articles will go to an “archives” page so that you can always access them. We’ll try to get some of the old ones back up over the next week as well.
9. good stuff – a place to highlight miscellaneous fun stuff – news, real parties, cool products, etc.
10. updated blogroll/friends – with click to expand functionality to make it easier to focus on what you’re looking for (more currently being added)
And special thanks to the sponsors that make it possible to keep the blog going: you now get both images and text links :) (see left sidebar).