17 Sep

Spooky Chic Halloween at PB

cool halloween party ideas

I have to say that Pottery Barn has really stepped up their game over the past year… the feel of the store is a little more contemporary than it used to be – so there’s nice mix of modern & traditional styles. Case in point: check out the new Halloween 2008 collection… it’s fabulous! (You can actually purchase the gigantic spooky house wall mural above – it’s not just a photo backdrop!)

cool halloween party ideas

{pictured above and below} Add some glam to your haunted house with this dramatic black feather wreath and black feather garland set.

Also pictured below: white pumpkin candles, black skull candles displayed on black archer pilllar holders, black candelabra centerpiece. and spiderweb table runner.

cool halloween party ideas

This black and white candy buffet is a fantastic idea for Halloween…

cool halloween party ideas

PB’s gorgeous voluminous camilla canisters are used to display the candy above…{but you can also find apothecary jars in places like Home Goods, Target, and other discount stores for a fraction of the price!}

How fun are these skeleton appetizer plates and vampire teeth placecard holders…!

cool halloween party ideas

{pictured below} More “skull chic” finds: skull pillar candles, bone candle holders, glitter skull, and skull votives.

cool halloween party ideas

Comments 27

jenn s.

Founder & Creative Director see full profile

Summer SAYS:

I like that punch bowl in the first picture. Where is that from?

Reply September 18, 2008 at 7:37 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Summer –
That’s actually from PB too – I saw it in the store a couple days ago, but didn’t see it online for some reason…super cool though! It’s actually 2 pieces – the base is sold separately from the bowl, so you could use the base as a stand for other things as well.

Reply September 18, 2008 at 7:46 am

Madelyn @ Southern Weddings SAYS:

I absolutely adore this look! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and I think it is so fun to decorate for. I love the “grown up” way things are decorated. So Fabulous!

Reply September 18, 2008 at 8:50 am

Aracely SAYS:

I love these ideas!! I want my wedding Halloween themed and I need some ideas and inspirations!! I am a DIY bride on a budget!! Any information would be great!! Thanks a bunch!!

Reply September 22, 2008 at 7:20 am

Linda SAYS:

Nice decoration ideas. I like the images. I run and operate: best-gifts-ideas.blogspot.com/2008/07/halloween-gifts-ideas.html

Reply September 25, 2008 at 6:07 pm

http://eventsbykatieblog.blogspot.com/ SAYS:

Thank you for posting, I’ve been inspired!

Reply September 30, 2008 at 6:45 pm

sylvie SAYS:

Well, I have been calling all the Potterybarns in my area and even as far as san diego, but cannot find the bone stand for punch bowl! this was such a popular item, it has already sold out throughout southern california. Does any one know who the brand maker is of this wonderful piece so I can try and get the stand for halloween? Tanks.

Reply October 8, 2008 at 5:23 pm

Wynne SAYS:

Thanks for the post :D I will link back to this site when I post black and white candies :)

Reply April 20, 2009 at 12:21 pm

Kyla SAYS:

I am desperate to own one of these bone punch bowl stands – anyone have one they want to sell?

Reply June 28, 2011 at 8:53 pm