REAL PARTIES: Art Nouveau Parisian Bridal Shower

art nouveau parisian bridal shower

If you’re looking for a chic new party theme for an upcoming shower or special event – check out this stylish & colorful “Turn of the Century, Art Nouveau Parisian” theme created by Kerri Butler for her friend’s bridal shower soirée. Inspired by the bride’s plans for honeymooning in Paris, Kerri used bright, rich colors, silk brocades, jewels, paper parasols, and gold leaf papers to communicate the luxury of that era!

art nouveau parisian bridal shower

THE DETAILS {by party hostess, Kerri}…

Bridal Shower for Megan Heinrich
hosted by Kerri Butler, Eventive

Location: The Dallas Arboretum

Invitations: Invitations were handmade with gold leafed papers (purchased at Michael’s), art nouveau images, jewels, and gold thread attached to sandalwood fans, that were purchased at Oriental Trading Company. The invites were mailed in envelopes covered in French postage stamps purchased at Michael’s.

art nouveau parisian bridal shower

Décor: Brocade and silk fabrics (purchased at Joann) covered the tables. I created the flowers arrangements from bouquets I bought at Costco, and urns from Michael’s. Flowers included orange roses, pink starburst chrysanthemums, and berry filler.

Favors: Bright, paper parasols, purchased from

Food: The lunch was provided by the DeGoyer Mansion Café.

art nouveau parisian bridal shower

Games: Guests signed in on a scrapbook page to “Shower Megan with Congratulations”. We also played “Who knows the Bride Best?”, and “Purse Power”.

Cake: The cake was raspberry chocolate with a butter cream frosting provided by Panini Bakery in Dallas.

art nouveau parisian bridal shower

Hostess Kerri (far right) & the happy bride-to-be…

art nouveau parisian bridal shower

Thanks for the creative inspiration, Kerri! The bridal shower looked fabulous!

15 responses to “REAL PARTIES: Art Nouveau Parisian Bridal Shower”

1. Lisa says:

What a wonderful idea for a theme! I love the look of the paper parasols – they really bring the tables to life!

2. Renee says:

The “urn” centerpieces look perfect for this theme – and so easy! I also think the parasols make for great photo opps!

3. This is lovely! Love the colors in the florals. Great job, Kerri!

I suddenly have the urge to carry a parasol at all times.

4. Jill says:

These colors area great! I really love the parasols too. Makes me wanna take a trip to Europe :-)

5. That is a really great idea! Parisols always add such a great element to a party or a wedding. Love it!

6. marthalbutler says:

Kerri you are incredible, how pretty it all was…Megan is so lucky to have had such a grand party! Have a happy wedding this weekend.

7. Charlotte says:

This is a stunning party – it doesn’t say “Paris” or “Art Nouveau” to me (other than the card), but it looks like too much fun! The clear colors (no muddy undertones) seem much more sub-continental… Still, gorgeous.

8. says:

This is beautiful! I love the theme and the color scheme as well. So creative!!

Great job,

9. Donna says:

Where did you purchase the beautiful paper parasols?

10. jenn s. says:

Hi Donna –
    I’m not sure where exactly Kerri purchased the parasols, but I know you can buy them at Here’s the link!

Jenn :)

11. Kerri Butler says:

I bought them at Asian Ideas –

12. Emily Cabo says:

aww- i love it! Its like having a Destination Wedding in your own backyard.

13. […] Mas aí vai… a fonte? O fabuloso blog Hostess Blog. […]