New Party Theme: Candyland Birthday

candyland birthday party ideas

Full details for how to recreate the Candyland Birthday Party we threw for Max Sutter last month are finally up in the Party Themes section.  I’m so sorry it took me a while to get them up – the plate’s been a little overloaded lately! But as they say, better late than never, right? ;)  Click here for all the details…

20 responses to “New Party Theme: Candyland Birthday”

1. pve says:

Just a thought, how about a toothbrush in the goodie bag – as a parent, I hate to think about cavities from all that candy!
    It is a cute idea but we also need to instill good teeth and limit the amount of sugar.
    I am so not a party pooper, just hate trips to the dentist.

2. Congratulations on what looks like a fabulous party! Your talents continue to amaze a faithful reader…..

3. What a creative and great idea! I would love to go to a Candyland Birthday party as an adult!

4. http://sweet-low.blogspot.com/ says:

that photo of all the candy in jars really just puts a smile on my face. oh, nostalgic childhood…

5. Aggie says:

I loved the whole thing! I hope, when I do try to emulate you, I hope I can do as good a job (or even remotely close) as your original “Candyland” party.

6. I love this! Seeing as my name is Candace but I go by Candy…I’m so having this for my birthday next year! :) Who cares if I’ll be 28!!!

7. This is absolutely fabulous. I love it all.

I’ve just posted a link to it on my blog.

8. Gaby says:

Im gonna turn twelve when I saw this website in COSMOGIRL. i decided to give it a shot.
    Im so excited to recreate this theme!

9. Courtney says:

I love the Candyland banner. Where can I have one made for my daughter’s first birthday party?

10. Brooke says:

I looooove this theme, I am planning a candy land party for my daughters first birthday….I love the banner and the customized lunch pails…where can i get those for my daughters party ??

11. Katina says:

I would like to know if I could speak with you in regrads to designing an invitation for a candland theme party im having ?

12. carrie regan says:

Although I LOVE them, I simply can’t afford the lunchbox favors (@ $36/ a piece!) Does anyone know of something more afforable but just as cute?!

13. jenn s. says:

Hi Carrie –

I know – those lunchboxes were more like full-on “gifts” than “party favors!”

Here are a few other suggestoins for you:

*These are “candy themed” lunchboxes. They’re not personalized, but they’re a lot less expensive at $12.99 each

*Candy themed pencil cases – even more affordable at $1.99 each. You could fill them with candy or colored pencils and maybe bundle each one with a big, colorful lollipop.

*Mini Gumball Machines – $3 each. Fill them with gumballs & attach a gift tag to personalize :)

Good luck!

14. jasmine Inostrosa says:

hello jenn. s so i was wondering where you had bought the jars filled with candy. i am also trying to plan a party for my daughter and would like to know where you bought them. thanks a lot!

15. jenn s. says:

Hi Jasmine –
    I purchased all of the jars at HomeGoods – the prices are great there!(usually range between $9 & $20 ea, depending on the size)

If you don’t have one near you, Michaels is another great place to look – or you can buy them online at Save-On-Crafts.com too. Here’s direct link to that section:

Good luck!

16. Tania says:

This is such an awesome theme!! I was wondering if you could tell me where I can get the banner made. Thanks!!

17. CHASITY says:

I saw somewhere three invitations that the public voted on for Max’s birthday. Where can I find those inviations? I was also interested in the banner used at his party. Please help!

18. jenn s. says:

Hi Chastity –
    You can see the 3 invitation designs here:
    If you’re interested in ordering any of them you can contact me through this page for more details:

And you can order the custom 6-ft banner at a company called “Emagine Digital”. The cost is $75. Here’s their info: http://www.emaginedigital.com. Just ask for the “Candyland Banner”. :)

19. […] New Party Theme: Candyland Birthday // Hostess with the Mostess®Home > New York Events > Story > Candyland … Let’s face it: The New York daily grind does NOT leave you feeling like a kid in a candy store. To achieve that feeling, you’ll need something that’s sweet, gooey, maybe sour and most likely bad for your … <— Click on the photos to start your candyland journey around NYC… […]

20. […] reason being that it definitely seems to be the theme that’s recreated the most (although Candyland is a close 2nd!). I think Cirque hit a high note with readers, because it’s very different […]