Cocktails 09.17.08

Drink of the Week: Sparkling Margarita Floats

sparkling margarita floats by Erika Lenkert

I’m game for any recipe that has the words “sparkling” and “margarita” in the title! Here’s how to make this toast-worthy concoction by Erika Lenkert:

Sparkling Margarita Floats
by Erika Lenkert (for Everyday with Rachael Ray)

Ingredients
One 12-oz can frozen limeade concentrate
1 1/2 cups tequila
1/2 cup triple sec
2 quarts tonic, chilled
1 pint tangerine, lemon or lime sherbet

Directions
1. Chill 8 glasses. In a pitcher, stir together the limeade, tequila and triple sec. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

***

Hurry and make up some excuse to enjoy these with friends before the weather gets too cold! ;)

{image via rachaelraymag.com}

12 responses to “Drink of the Week: Sparkling Margarita Floats”

1. Kelly says:

Yummy! I could use one right NOW..and, as fortune would have it…it’s almost 5:00!!

2. Ashley says:

Sounds delicious! I’ll have to try is ASAP. Thanks!

3. Maree says:

I love the coasters. Where can I get them?

4. jenn s. says:

Hi Maree –
    I actually have those coasters ;) – so I know they’re from Crate & Barrel, but it was quite a while ago that they carried them, so I don’t see them online anymore. You might try in-store though!

5. […] jenn s. wrote a fantastic post today on “Drink of the Week: Sparkling Margarita Floats”Here’s ONLY a quick extractIn a pitcher, stir together the limeade, tequila and triple sec. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. 2. Stir the tonic into the limeade mixture. Place 1 scoop of sherbet into each of the glasses, and stir in the margarita mix. … […]

6. Yum! These look absolutely delicious. This would be a fun drink to serve at a summer party! Fabulous! Thanks for the recipe!

7. Andrea D. says:

why am i suddenly so thirsty right now?

:]

8. Celeste says:

Yummmy! I love a good margarita recipe. This sounds delicious!

9. vanessadrewlo.com · Birthday Party says:

[…] brought along a cocktail for the adults to enjoy and it turned out quite yummy – Sparkling Margarita Floats. I saw the recipe on the Hostess for the Mostess blog, one of my favorite blogs for party […]

10. These sound so good! A margarita is definitely one drink I will have to have ASAP after I deliver this baby! :)

11. Sandra says:

On step 2 at the bottom when it says stir in the margarita mix, is that the mix that you just made or is that a seperate ingredient?

12. jenn s. says:

Hi Sandra –
    The recipe is referring to the mix you just made in step 1. I can see how that’s confusing the way it’s worded though :)