DIY Craft: Paper Pumpkin Ornaments

halloween paper pumpkin craft project

Designer Vicki Shields from the creative Three Wheels Turning blog sent over a fun Halloween craft project idea to share with you guys today, and I’m so glad that she did, because while visiting her blog I also discovered her ridiculously cute stationery shop!

halloween paper pumpkin craft project

So you get a double dose of eye candy from Vicki today… read on to check out step-by-step instructions for the cool paper pumpkin ornaments pictured above, then scroll down to the post preceding this one for a peek at some of the fabulous stationery from Three Wheels Design.

• 1-2 pieces of orange construction paper
• 1 piece of green construction paper
• 1 piece of brown construction paper
• scissors
• paper cutter (optional)
• paper clips and/or stapler
• string

Cut the orange pieces of construction paper into 1″ wide strips (each strip will be 1″ x 11″). Then, shorten some of the strips so that you have (1) 6″, (2) 7″, (2) 9″, and (2) 11″ long pieces.

Gather the strips of paper together (with the ends flush) and place the smallest one in the middle. Order them by size so that the largest strip is on the outside. Secure with a paper clip or staple (I prefer the paper clip so that I can keep adding more elements). Line up the opposite ends so that they are together like the top.

Cut a brown strip of paper 1/4″ by 3″ long for the stem. To make it curl, wrap the paper around a pencil and hold it in place while you count to 20 (or sing the ABC song).
Cut out two leaf shapes from the green paper (ours were sort of like pairs of bunny ears).

Add the stem, leaves, and a piece of string to the paper clip at the top.

Hang up and enjoy!

89 responses to “DIY Craft: Paper Pumpkin Ornaments”

1. DJ says:

amazing! this is very valuable for everyone…:)

2. Kukri says:

Mind Blowing Craft Creation. I appreciate.
    Very Artistic Pumpkin!

3. Jokes says:

Really creative article. i like the article and even i try to make paper pumpkin ornaments. This article is really fruitful for kids and even to the youth. It wll develop creativity among the kids. we can even decorate our rooms with the help of paper pumpkin ornament.
    While making this we can even gain more ideas abt other paper ornaments. It is really good timepass. Looking further for more creative and fruitful articles. Great going. Keep it up.

4. […] Craft Project: Paper Pumpkin Ornaments from Hostess with the Mostess […]

5. Delilah says:

sooo cute!! Love this idea!

6. Connie says:

These are so cute! I had my 5th graders make them at our Fall party yesterday and they loved them. I used twine for the hanger and had them write their name and date on the leaves. Thanks for the great project!

7. […] la pinzatrice. Poi unite le cime inferiori, e avrete subito la sagoma della zucca. Un’idea di HostessBlog, dove trovate anche le istruzioni in […]

8. naina says:

its soo lovely, everyone learn frm u…………………………………

9. […] Pumpkin craft from Hostess […]

10. darwin lodge says:

wht a craft . i like it so much that was brilliant.

11. John Smith says:

i like it so much thanks for sharing admin great work

12. Jaccii Powers says:

i made these and hung with end to end above my banister super cute

13. diana says:

These are soo cute i am going to try and make these my son is to litte to make them with me hes only 2 but he would just love to look at it. I was thinking of how nice these would be to make for chrismas in the colors and dress them up with a little bit of glitter.

14. Edith says:

This is a very cute and simple decorating idea for the classroom.

15. yasmine says:

thank you it was so much fun my kids love it thank you