Weddings 09.19.08

“Dessert Towel” Party Favors

sweet cake roll party favors

How brilliant are these charming “dessert towel” party favors? Soft terry washcloths cleverly arranged to look like desserts and topped with cherry or strawberry magnets…available in strawberry or chocolate cupcake, chocolate or strawberry cake roll, and cherry or custard mousse.

$4.50 – $5.00 each at… or turn these into a fun DIY project!

26 responses to ““Dessert Towel” Party Favors”

1. Emily says:

How pretty. I didn’t even realize that these were towels at first. I really love these types of creations.

2. Gina says:

genius!! these are super cute :)

3. […] party favors from American Bridal were featured on the Hostess Blog today. I think they’re just adorable. Wouldn’t they be perfect for a bridal or baby […]

4. The cupcakes are too cute – I plan on making these for favors at my daughters 1st birthday (cupcake themed) with baby washclothes! Thanks for solving that problem for me!

5. Dana says:

I think the creativity is pretty, but I’m not sure I would want 1 or 2 washcloths as a gift or favor.
    Now I could see doing multiples of these in lieu of the baby shower “diaper cake” by using washcloths, onesies, bibs, etc.

6. says:

these are too cute! i might have to pick some of these up for my college dorm room. what fun they would be when friends stay over!!

7. Jay says:

I bought some of these at a store in Chicago. They also have sundaes and ice cream in cups. They are so adorable. They have bigger ones that are cakes.

8. Gosh, I wish I was getting married to use these as favours!

9. jean says:

this is one of the best ideas i have seen in a long time. fantastic.

10. Michelle says:

I love the cupcakes!

11. I was getting hungry because I didn’t realize these were washcloths!

12. Marked Event says:

I never thought towels would make me hungry, but they are! What a great idea. I love a gift that is both unique and reusable.

13. Sarah B says:

I found this site with all sorts of packaging products to DIY……I love it! Mostly because I like to DIY.

14. aidan says:

wow this looks delicious and very creative!! sooo yummmy!

15. Ashley says:

HWTM said it could be a fun DIY project… but there are not any instructions posted. I think these would be much cheaper to make rather than buy from a site… Any one have any ideas/tips?? Specifically, where can I find the paper cups & fruit magnets?? THANKS!

16. If you are good with paper crafts pull our your fancy scissors and cool papers that match your washcloth. Cut a fancy edge about 3″ from the longest paper edge to create your cover, then cut down a paper mailing tube and cover with your nice paper – fancy edge up. Roll up your washcloth and use a couple of long flat head pins to keep your roll tight (you could also add a little double stick tape to help). Find nice looking faux fruits at your local craft/fabric outlet and hot glue a round magnet to it. Round magnets are also available at craft/fabric stores. There you go, a complete DIY!

For the dessert in the glass you would just need to paint or sponge stamp what looks like little pieces of fruit and sauce on bottom of a straight sided glass. Roll up your washcloth tightly and stuff it in. Purchase a small aluminum tart cup to set it in or use a foil cupcake liner. Again, a little double stick tape on the bottom of the glass will help keep your liner in place.

Hope this helped you our a little Ashley.

17. jenn s. says:

Thanks so much for the detailed info, Sandra! So nice of you :)

18. Ashley says:

Thank you so much, Sandra, for your detailed & QUICK response! That was very nice of you! (and it is a great help!)